PDA

View Full Version : BUY Saltwater parts. Live rock, coral etc.

noved
06-21-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm looking to set up a saltwater tank in the near future and I am wondering if anyone know where I can get some supplies. Live rock, coral, sand... anything.

Xzavia
06-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Animalia has some salt water tanks setup in the store if you haven't seen them yet. Believe he sells the stuff too.

bluekrissyspikes
06-22-2009, 02:10 PM
you might get more luck on sootoday. there is a guy that posts on there sometimes looking for other reefers. i wouldn't add any corals until the tank has been up and running for a while. here's a site that has a lot of helpful people and articles, they can give you a list of everything you need. you can use sand from canadian tire as long as it isn't treated with anything(it will say on the bag if it is), if it's playsand you need to rince it very well before adding to the tank but i think they have a higher grit sand as well. you can also get pool filter sand from a pool/jaccuzi place which is already rinced and won't cloud your water at all. that will save a lot of money compared to petstore sand. you can order from big al's online as well. http://www.bigalsonline.ca/ you will need special high intensity lights for corals. big als should have everything you need like protein skimmers, test kits, fixtures, powerheads, ect. animalia has some stuff too.

sorry, forgot the link...
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

DeleteAccout
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Animalia has plenty of living rocks, and saltwater setups availble. Check em out

mboy67
06-22-2009, 02:45 PM
I use to have a few saltwater tanks going years back. I still have some Rock good for a base put away stored in salt water. I hoped to get back into it but sadly it still something not in my budget. I would be willing to sell the rocks to you.

noved
06-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have checked out animalia and talked to the staff there a few times and I will be buy my tank and many other things from there, but I still just want to find some other saltwater tank owners around town.
Thanks for the link bluekrissyspikes. Do you still have those plants. I'm looking for some to put in my 30 gallon freshwater.

mboy67... do you know what kind of rock you have ie fiji, cuban, etc... How many pounds and how much t=do you want for it.

bluekrissyspikes
06-23-2009, 12:02 AM
your welcome. aquariacentral has been a great help to me, although i have not jumped into salt water (yet) i have learned a lot about it there.
i just have a few(duckweed and watersprite, a crypt or two) left right now and you are welcome to them. i will have more of the others ready by the end of summer, i'm sure, if you send me a pm so i remember who i am saving them for, i will let you know when i there are more. i might have some other kinds available by then as well. i just got some sunset hygro that seems to be growing well.

Dachshunds Rule
06-23-2009, 09:29 AM
I have two salt water tanks, a 20 gallon and a 55 gallon. A couple clowns and gobies in the smaller, the gobies are trying to hatch fry right now, and a assortment in the larger, blennies, damsel, wrasses,etc. Live rock in both as well as live sand. Been set up just over a year. Just bought a few coral frags and stuff......waiting to see how they do.

I also have fresh water, three tanks 100 gal.African cichlids,50 gal.community fish, and all the babies from those two tanks in a 30 gal.. I really need to find something to do with them, other than feeding them to the Africans......

mboy67
06-23-2009, 12:25 PM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6310/sunp0033.jpg

Thats a pic of the top of what I have. I have 3/4 of a rubbermaid Garbage pail full. Its the pail I use to use for pre mixing my saltwater in. They came from different parts of the world some use to be live but Years ago I had a Major power outage where I lived for 3 days and my tank took big losses. I don't know how much weight is there in total but if your interested we can set a fair amount for it.

bluekrissyspikes
06-23-2009, 12:44 PM
I also have fresh water, three tanks 100 gal.African cichlids,50 gal.community fish, and all the babies from those two tanks in a 30 gal.. I really need to find something to do with them, other than feeding them to the Africans......

what kinds of fish do you have breeding? i might take some fry

Dachshunds Rule
06-24-2009, 04:05 PM
I have had swordtails, guppies, clown loaches,Kribensis, yellow labs, frontosa, livingstonii.
I know for sure that I have swordtails and yellow labs left in there right now. I know I will have more shortly as well as saltwater gobie fry, but they wont be ready for a while.

noved
06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6310/sunp0033.jpg

Thats a pic of the top of what I have. I have 3/4 of a rubbermaid Garbage pail full. Its the pail I use to use for pre mixing my saltwater in. They came from different parts of the world some use to be live but Years ago I had a Major power outage where I lived for 3 days and my tank took big losses. I don't know how much weight is there in total but if your interested we can set a fair amount for it.

I am a little bit interested. Is that pic really taken from 2002? I won't be getting a tank until I do a lot more research but I will be getting one for sure by the end of summer. I will want to check out your rock at that time.

radjankm

Where do you buy your supplies from. locally or online. Do you know of any local breeders or suppliers of corals and such.

Dachshunds Rule
06-25-2009, 08:32 AM
I would say I get 99% on line. All my dry stuff, salt, food, etc. I get from a place called Pet solutions. It's from the states. Shipping is quick,less than a week. Quality is great and prices are awesome. Have always declared the goods at the border never been charged duty. My live stuff I get mostly from jlauqatics. I have bought live locally, but would not do so again.
I will try to PM you my email address.

mboy67
06-25-2009, 06:38 PM
No the pic was taken the other day. I was just too lazy to reset the date on my camera. it does not keep the date when stored for long periods with no batteries in it.

All my stuff was bought in southern Ontario years ago.

noved
07-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Am I to assume thats a no go on the rock mboy67... I sent you a couple of pms

Dachshunds Rule
07-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Nope, can't figure out how to post a pic. PM me your email address.