PDA

View Full Version : Iran

Slow
06-24-2009, 09:22 PM
****Warning, extremely graphic****

http://threatswatch.org/rapidrecon/2009/06/unimaginable-horror-in-tehran/

Slow
06-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Not a good time to be a supporter of Iran simply because of your envy of the U.S.

I think Iran is going to make a fool of the United States on purpose. To finally slam the last nail in the coffin of the American hegemony.

Iran is not going to develop nuclear weapons, and they are going to embarrass the United States.

A while ago I said Ahmadinejad was a crazed leader bent on wanton destruction, either among his internal enemies or Israel, among others. That was greeted by this...

Why Maniacal? Just because your government says he is?

Any proof to your statement? Or just what your government says?

Blind anti-Americanism is never pretty. It can lead to rather uncomfortable moments.

Hans
06-24-2009, 09:51 PM
I still stand behind Iran.

Blunt
06-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Blind anti-Americanism is never pretty. It can lead to rather uncomfortable moments.

Canada honestly couldn't ask for a better neighbour.

I'm glad our government has made strides to foster a more productive and harmonious relationship with the American government, after Martin and Chretien essentially spat on past presidents.

I actually find it rather odd that so many Canadian citizens resent not just the former Bush administration; but the USA on a whole.

Largely, Canadian public opinion has been down due to the Bush administration. Regardless of that, even if you didn't care for the Bush administration, its policies or its actions; to paint the USA as though it was some single malevolent entity is seriously strange.

Hans
06-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Is it?

Slow
06-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Is it?

It is.

Hans
06-24-2009, 10:28 PM
And why is that?

Huggy85
06-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Canada honestly couldn't ask for a better neighbour.

I agree with that. I disagreed with many of Bush's policies and I find the arrogance of some Americans quite repulsive, but there is no other people that I would rather have as neighbours.

Hans
06-24-2009, 10:38 PM
you would not enjoy Italy, France or the UK as a neighbor?

Huggy85
06-24-2009, 10:41 PM
you would not enjoy Italy, France or the UK as a neighbor?

I don't think so. I like to have things in common with my neighbours and I think that, even with all our differences, we have more in common with the US than any other nation.

Slow
06-24-2009, 10:45 PM
I find the arrogance of some Americans quite repulsive, but there is no other people that I would rather have as neighbours.

But you're going to get that anywhere. Some Americans are repulsed by some Canadians' sense of moral superiority; but that shouldn't cloud the overall reality of the situation.

Huggy85
06-24-2009, 10:53 PM
But you're going to get that anywhere. Some Americans are repulsed by some Canadians' sense of moral superiority; but that shouldn't cloud the overall reality of the situation.

It obviously doesn't cloud anything; for me anyway. I still believe that you are my preferred neighbour even though neither your nation nor mine can claim to be perfect.

Hans
06-25-2009, 07:15 AM
I don't think so. I like to have things in common with my neighbours and I think that, even with all our differences, we have more in common with the US than any other nation.

You must not eat pizza to much then.

Slow
06-25-2009, 11:03 AM
You must not eat pizza to much then.

I can't speak for Huggy, but I can make an assumption here; and that assumption is that Huggy considers more than who makes the best pizza as to whom he would like as his geographical neighbor and closest ally.

It's just a hunch.

Hans
06-25-2009, 01:59 PM
So does this mean you consider Canada more than a red headed steph child now Slow?

Slow
06-25-2009, 02:26 PM
No, why?

Hans
06-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Why not?

BFLPE
06-25-2009, 03:33 PM
****Warning, extremely graphic****

http://threatswatch.org/rapidrecon/2009/06/unimaginable-horror-in-tehran/
Yeah, pretty horrific.

I don't get the U.S. response. The only consequences it appears so far are for the invitations to the July 4th celebrations to be rescinded - due only to media pressure it seems. I listened to the news conference the other day and maybe I took it wrong but when Obama said

"We didn't have international observers on the ground. We can't say definitively what exactly happened at polling places throughout the country"

it sounded like he was making excuses for the Iranian government. If he just wants to vote present on the situation so be it but making excuses for them, what the #^%!?

Shanny
06-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Hows this sound, the united states worry about the united states and stop trying to tell the rest of the world how to do their business. Stop starting wars with countries who haven't provoked you. Stop lying to your own people about what your military is doing and why it is doing it. Fix yourself before you fix anyone else.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mideast/041600iran-cia-index.html
http://pakalert.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/cia-has-distributed-400-million-dollars-inside-iran-to-evoke-a-revolution/
again history is repeating itself

Huggy85
06-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Hows this sound, the united states worry about the united states and stop trying to tell the rest of the world how to do their business. Stop starting wars with countries who haven't provoked you. Stop lying to your own people about what your military is doing and why it is doing it. Fix yourself before you fix anyone else.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mideast/041600iran-cia-index.html
http://pakalert.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/cia-has-distributed-400-million-dollars-inside-iran-to-evoke-a-revolution/
again history is repeating itself

"“The documents prove that the CIA spent 400 million dollars inside Iran to prop up a colorful-hollow revolution following the election,” he added."

Should anyone be surprised?

BFLPE
06-25-2009, 07:11 PM
"“The documents prove that the CIA spent 400 million dollars inside Iran to prop up a colorful-hollow revolution following the election,” he added."

Should anyone be surprised?

No, doesn't surprise me at all to read that on a site which claims 9/11 was orchestrated by Israeli and American intelligence.

Huggy85
06-25-2009, 07:24 PM
No, doesn't surprise me at all to read that on a site which claims 9/11 was orchestrated by Israeli and American intelligence.

Point taken. However, the CIA does have a history of meddling in world affairs - nothing would surprise me.

BFLPE
06-25-2009, 07:32 PM
True, I don't quite get the video though. It goes back and forth between an ABC news special from a few years ago and what is happening now. Are they blaming Bush?

Shanny
06-26-2009, 12:26 AM

I'll be waiting for you to eat that statement in a few years when the 9/11 truthers get the investigation they've been asking for.

Still think building 7 fell, 3 blocks away, cause the trade centers went down? read this one page. http://911truth.org/article.php?story=20050204132153814
its a short list for people who think it went down the way the news says and what MANY professionals think of that