PDA

View Full Version : diva cup

pattycakes13
06-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Has anyone tried this? does it work?? reviews and opinions appreciated!!
http://www.divacup.com/?gclid=CKT55uCcppsCFRJM5Qodnjbf9A

Giggle Squirt
06-25-2009, 09:11 PM
HHAHA I clicked on the link at work and had to walk away for a second and come back to find one of my male coworkers looking discusted readed it LOL. I personally havn't used one by my mom has been using the keeper moon cup forever now. She hasn't used anything else in years.

Melanie Booker
06-26-2009, 09:50 AM
WTH!? seriously? you just let er fill up all week then empty it. groooossss.

what if it slipped or something while you were out, and spilled a weeks worth of 'flow' all at once. LOL

Sophie's_Mommy
06-26-2009, 11:32 AM
You take it out 2 times a day and empty it. not once a week..lol..I would not use it myself but it does sound kinda neat i guess.

Melanie Booker
06-26-2009, 01:26 PM
oh, lol, that makes more sense.

*Angel*
06-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Weird
Why Not Just wear a tampon?

pattycakes13
06-27-2009, 02:31 PM
the idea of it is that its better for the environment and saves you quite bit of money in the end.

kitca
06-27-2009, 10:39 PM
i loved mine. i had it for several years, then i lost it last year. i keep meaning to order a new one, and then i forget. it saves a ton of ;money in the long run. like, in the hundreds (if you are like me and bleed long and hard) it is also very easy to use and you can keep it in overnite and not worry about toxic shock as it does not grow any bacteria at all. i shower alot and just clean it all up in the shower. but it also works anywhere. it is much safer inside of your body than the bleached additive stuff we insert each month.

i just keep forgetting to order it... ... maybe this will remind me.

Suze
06-28-2009, 03:29 PM
I love, love, love my Diva Cup! It is much healthier for your body, and it isn't gross at all. Nobody blinks at using a maxi-pad, but that is much more disgusting than a diva cup.
Also, how is it any different than pulling out a tampon?
It doesn't slip out either, I have never had a problem with leakage, unlike tampons

pattycakes13
06-29-2009, 09:21 AM
thanks suze and kitca!-- ive been thinking about getting one for awhile, and i think im going to go ahead and get one.

b&aMom
07-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Anyone find it uncomfortable or irritating? I'm interested in trying it, since tampons usually cause me to have a yeast infection almost every month after my period. That, and every time I start, it seems I am out of tampons. LOL The things cost a fortune, too.

Sophie's_Mommy
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I was going to ask the same thing b&amom, i can not use tampons, they hurt. Even when in properly they hurt me, i ve even tried the teenage ones that are slimmer but they still irritate me and hurt a bit. But with this cup I wonder if it would be the same or if i would not feel it at all..

Suze
07-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I find the diva cup much more comfortable than tampons. I can't feel it at all when it is in - ever.

kitca
07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
way, way more comfortable than tampons. though, to be honest there are times i can feel it. it says right in the literature that it can slip. it can easily be caused by movement in the bowel, and i find that this is what will cause mine to slip (not actually going to the bathroom, but just the bowels moving inside) however, its no worse than a tampon, again, better.

i always have to wear a mini pad or regular pad with a tamp or the cup.

i must also say there is a bit of a learning curve, well there was for me anyway, just in getting it in there right. also, there is a rubber thingie on the end for pulling it back out and you have to cut it to your preference. it took several cuts to get it right.

but...the benefits...cost - 35 dollars one time and then you are free and clear except for a few pads, you really do save hundreds over the course of a few years...convenience - you dont have to pack anything to go with you or bring your purse everywhere you go...ease - you can go swimming so much easier and not have to run to the bathroom when you get out, you can sleep overnight with the diva cup and not worry and it doesnt grow bacteria.

sophies mom, thats a hard call. it is an expensive way to experiment. i honestly dont know if you would feel it or be uncomfortable, but i will admit, tampons bother me, i can feel them sometimes, most of the time, but not the cup.

MissMuffett
07-09-2009, 11:22 PM
mmmm.. i never heard of this b4.. sounds interesting.. Might give it a try!! :D