PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn!

EyelashExtensions
06-29-2009, 02:50 PM
So I got a nasty sunburn this weekend! I totally forgot that I was to avoid ALL sun as much as possible(new medication I'm on). Desperate to get rid of the burn and itch I finally broke down and tried vinegar......yes VINEGAR!! I must say it doesn't take away ALL the itch. I get the odd one here and there, but finally RELIEF!!!!! I tried EVERYTHING before breaking down and pouring the vinegar on! I thought I was going to go mentally insane from the burning itch :'( I wouldn't advise it on already blistered skin or an area with an open wound. There is no BURN from putting it on my sunburn(I thought it would) vinegar=acid=burn....but not the case with a sunburn. Just thought would let everyone know it does work. Works the best if you put it on as soon as you can after the burn.

yoda
06-29-2009, 04:05 PM
I've also heard that Javex works when you burn yourself in the kitchen, although I have never tried it

Intangible
06-29-2009, 04:14 PM
I have always used Solarcaine spray for sun burns and it works well.

I would not be putting bleach on my skin for any reason though, LOL.

Babzz
06-29-2009, 05:24 PM
aloe vera gel works amazingly

Melanie Booker
06-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I've also heard that Javex works when you burn yourself in the kitchen, although I have never tried it

does the person who suggested that hate you?

Melanie Booker
06-29-2009, 06:45 PM
i always aloe too babzz. stops the itch AND prevents peeling.

yoda
06-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Oh no, we're very good ...well there was one time...lol. seriously, the Javex is supposed to cut the sting

Peety
06-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh no, we're very good ...well there was one time...lol. seriously, the Javex is supposed to cut the sting

When you have a cut they say javex will help disinfect the cut.

Giggle Squirt
06-29-2009, 10:51 PM
i was told by some one at work that vicks vapour rub helps sunbuns. i have yet to research it but i guess it acts like a cooling thing.

EyelashExtensions
06-30-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm being serious! lol I tried solarcaine, aloe, afterburn stuff and about 100 other things! Today my sunburn is gone, no pain, no itching! If you get a sunburn try it on a small part of your burn before you go pouring an entire bottle(which I did all day long) on if you don't believe me!