PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrites

Slow
07-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Canada and Russia, both northern and oil-rich, are making the least progress in cutting carbon- dioxide emissions among the major economies, a new study shows.

Canada is furthest from its reduction target for the greenhouse gas under a global treaty and has made little progress compared with other Group of Eight members, according to the report commissioned by German insurer Allianz SE.

The North American nation of 34 million people has the world’s second-largest oil reserves taking into account the tar- like bitumen clumped together with sand and clay in northern Alberta. Extracting and refining oil from tar requires more energy than pumping conventional crude and has contributed to Canada’s 26 percent increase in CO2 emissions since 1990.

“Since the U.S. has moved out of the bad-boy status, Canada and Russia have become the bullies of the climate change process"

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=aKecgoGFIH7Y

Slow
07-03-2009, 10:01 AM
"Canada's environmental practices are the worst of the G8, according to a report released by the WWF in partnership with Allianz."

http://www.businessinsider.com/wwf-report-says-canada-has-the-worst-emissions-policies-2009-7

Shanny
07-03-2009, 11:37 AM
"The North American nation of 34 million people has the world’s second-largest oil reserves"

GUess that means the US is going to say we have WMD's and invade

Slow
07-03-2009, 12:30 PM
"The North American nation of 34 million people has the world’s second-largest oil reserves"

GUess that means the US is going to say we have WMD's and invade

Translation: "I cannot defend our massive hypocrisy on the issue of cutting carbon- dioxide emissions"

Anapeg
07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I for one think it was a bad idea in the beginning. Shut it down, moth ball it and let the Americans get all their oil from over seas. It is a horrible waste of resources and an environmental disaster that will NEVER be as it was.

Slow
07-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Fail

Konig-OV
07-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Translation: "I cannot defend our massive hypocrisy on the issue of cutting carbon- dioxide emissions"

I believe that your narcissistic ways are driving you to find things wrong with other countries, in hopes of those countrymen to rebut against you. I see, majority of your posts are all bad things about a country. Then you beg those countrymen to try defend their actions you try to put them down. I can obviously tell that you are American, because you protray yourself as the stereotypical 'American'.

So, here is what I suggest. Take the mirror down from beside your monitor, post something nice about Canada, and something (like the garbage you post about Canada) and post it about the US.

You will then see that you are either in a worse spot, or we are the same.

Either way, you can stop entrapping other users on this board into your venus fly trap of conceit.

Konig-OV
07-03-2009, 02:22 PM
To keep with the theme of this thread. I isn't hipocracy, as much it is procrastination. I think Canada is taking to long to enforce this and meet our target.

Slow
07-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Don't be hating on me just because this latest round of news proves what massive hypocrites some of you are.

Your moral superiority shtick is over now, thank god. No one believed it but yourselves; but still, it was annoying.

Slow
07-03-2009, 02:24 PM
To keep with the theme of this thread. I isn't hipocracy, as much it is procrastination. I think Canada is taking to long to enforce this and meet our target.

...or, your politicians bought into one of the biggest lies of the last fifty years, and signed on for something that was never tenable.

Konig-OV
07-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Don't be hating on me just because this latest round of news proves what massive hypocrites some of you are.

Your moral superiority shtick is over now, thank god. No one believed it but yourselves; but still, it was annoying.

No need to get angry.

Slow
07-03-2009, 02:26 PM
No need to get angry.

I'm not.

Wish we could say the same about you, though. :(

Konig-OV
07-03-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm not.

Wish we could say the same about you, though. :(

Denial is the first stage, you know that right?

I agree with you, Canada is far behind what we should be at. Why would I be angry?

It's ok Slow, let it out. In order to understand your anger you have to express yourself, there is no need to deflect your anger onto a BBS by posting bad things to make you feel better.

A nice drink does the same, with little to no negative human impact.

Konig-OV
07-03-2009, 02:32 PM
You as a USA Citizen, are a hypocrit.

2 Climate change. Italy's foreign minister, Franco Frattini, has said major polluting countries like the US, India and China must fall into line with the European Union in combating climate change.

2009 G8 Summit (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/g8/5727639/G8-agenda-The-big-issues-at-the-2009-G8-summit.html)

dancingqueen
07-03-2009, 02:32 PM

Oh, it's not over yet...

Slow
07-03-2009, 02:34 PM
You as a USA Citizen, are a hypocrit.

2 Climate change. Italy's foreign minister, Franco Frattini, has said major polluting countries like the US, India and China must fall into line with the European Union in combating climate change.

2009 G8 Summit (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/g8/5727639/G8-agenda-The-big-issues-at-the-2009-G8-summit.html)

We didn't sign some stupid treaty based on junk science. We didn't lecture the world on cleaning up their backyards, while ours was a mess, like you did.

THAT's why you're hypocrites, and it all stems from your faux moral posturing.

That doesn't make me angry, it makes me smile. Laugh, even.

Konig-OV
07-03-2009, 02:36 PM
We didn't sign some stupid treaty based on junk science. We didn't lecture the world on cleaning up their backyards, while ours was a mess, like you did.

THAT's why you're hypocrites, and it all stems from your faux moral posturing.

That doesn't make me angry, it makes me smile. Laugh, even.

I didn't sign any treaty, nor did I tell anyone to clean their yards. Why do you keep saying you?

I don't agree with what Canada is doing, I already said that. Why do you keep bringing it up? Angry perhaps?

Huggy85
07-03-2009, 04:49 PM
The North American nation of 34 million people has the world’s second-largest oil reserves taking into account the tar- like bitumen clumped together with sand and clay in northern Alberta. Extracting and refining oil from tar requires more energy than pumping conventional crude and has contributed to Canada’s 26 percent increase in CO2 emissions since 1990.

And would you like to guess who's buying all this "dirty oil"? As the customer that needs the product, the US bears a lot of the responsibility for the associated emissions.

starterwiz
07-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I see you have reversed your opinion about man-made global warming Slow, and are now using our dismal record of amelioration of the problem as a put-down of Canada.
Welome aboard!

Anapeg
07-03-2009, 05:59 PM
"Canada's environmental practices are the worst of the G8, according to a report released by the WWF in partnership with Allianz."

http://www.businessinsider.com/wwf-report-says-canada-has-the-worst-emissions-policies-2009-7

We, as a nation diligently strive toward mediocrity and as a major participant I wish to thank you for acknowledging our unbounded success. :thumbs_up:

07-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Well according to the link, and the graph we are just behind the US in improvement. As well as just ahead of them in current.

The US isn't fairing that much better than us.

07-03-2009, 06:48 PM
U.S.A.: In the last four months Obama has implemented more proactive policies than the U.S. saw in 30 years. But, emissions are still slated to grow, and it's the biggest polluter in the world.

Taken from his own link.

*yawn*... Next.

Shanny
07-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Bah hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Slow
07-03-2009, 08:35 PM
U.S.A.: In the last four months Obama has implemented more proactive policies than the U.S. saw in 30 years. But, emissions are still slated to grow, and it's the biggest polluter in the world.

Taken from his own link.

*yawn*... Next.

We are not a signatory to the useless pacts you guys are.

We win :)

Slow
07-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Well according to the link, and the graph we are just behind the US in improvement. As well as just ahead of them in current.

The US isn't fairing that much better than us.

Yet it doesn't stop Canadians from feeling a sense of moral superiority.

That's the whole point.

Your collective self-delusion is coming to an end, and we're all better for it.

07-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Yet it doesn't stop Canadians from feeling a sense of moral superiority.

That's the whole point.

Your collective self-delusion is coming to an end, and we're all better for it.

I don't have moral superiority there Slow?

Funny you didn't have a comment on the US being the biggest polluter.

Are you being hypocritical, because you say bad Canada, when you are the biggest polluter?

Hrmm, nice dodge though.