PDA

View Full Version : Homogenized Milk

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Just thought Id tell those of you who have toddlers who drink Homogenized at the grocery stores it is almost 7 bucks a bag, I weas at walmart the other day and it is 4.45 a bag there. I did not realize how expensive that kinda milk was...lol..But it is still cheaper them formula. I just bought a couple bags and freeze them. I got a jug of it across the river for 3.00.
But anyways for those of you who use it and don't know it is cheaper at walmart i thought i d tell ya :)

official soonet pu$$ycat
07-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Like the true spirit of our members, this is some valuable information that can prove beneficial to many people here. Thank you for carrying forward this spirit. Bravo Madam

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 09:13 AM
I know your being sarcastic..lol..Im in a good mood today so I ll let it slip :)
But there are some people who do have kids and have to pinch their pennys and thought they may want to know. Does not hurt to save a couple bucks :P

Mimi
07-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Zellers (on Northern Ave) has it for $3.99 a bag.

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Is it lock city? And the homo is that cheap or the 2%

official soonet pu$$ycat
07-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I know your being sarcastic..lol..Im in a good mood today so I ll let it slip :)
But there are some people who do have kids and have to pinch their pennys and thought they may want to know. Does not hurt to save a couple bucks :P

LOL no Im a changed man. Only nice things from this guy. Honest. The banning changed my life. I do actually think its good info for anyone

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 10:12 AM
LOL no Im a changed man. Only nice things from this guy. Honest. The banning changed my life. I do actually think its good info for anyone

LOL. Changed man eh..
any whoo... I guess walmart is not the cheapest, I guess zellers is. If it is homo milk. I know that at zellers the 2 % is 3.99. But homom milk is always more.

kitty&mimi
07-05-2009, 10:55 AM
well for 7bux, u might as well spend an extra 2 and get organic
but for 4something u can't beat that

07-05-2009, 10:58 AM
I go though like 4, 4litre bags a week. I get it from walmart because it is the cheapest. My midget has been on 3% for a while now, and in no way is it cheaper than formula. Formula was like $30-$40. When I now spend about $80 a month in milk.

kitty&mimi
07-05-2009, 11:00 AM
formula lasts longer in the belly lol
ur midget likes his milk eh? just him drinking that milk or whole fam?

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I go though like 4, 4litre bags a week. I get it from walmart because it is the cheapest. My midget has been on 3% for a while now, and in no way is it cheaper than formula. Formula was like $30-$40. When I now spend about $80 a month in milk.

really? I find it cheaper right now with the milk. But then again my midget..lol. is picky. she only drinks like 3-4 4 oz bottles a day and she has some juice too. I guess maybe with time it will be more. But she only drinks when she wants. i guess time will tell. But ya wally world is cheaper for now. I bought the parents choice formula and i went threw 2 of them a month so that was 40 bucks i guess. I just switched her over to homo milk one week ago and i boyght a jug of it across the river and she has 2 8 oz bottle left from that jug and then im into a new bag. I think she likes it better them formula though. But it can not be cold it has to be warm..lol. she will only drink juice cold. Daddy gave her a sip of Chocolate milk the other day and omg, she loved it. But I told him not to give her it everyday and only once in a while is ok for a sip or two.

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 11:06 AM
formula lasts longer in the belly lol
ur midget likes his milk eh? just him drinking that milk or whole fam?

Im trying to get her to drink out of a sippy cup, and no luck yet. She refuses to hold her own bottle, Mommy has too. she knows how she just does not want to..lol..spoiled little girl. So i have to hold her and cuddle her when she has a bottle. Sucky baby. She can though hold it herself shes just lazy :) She does not like change at all. When i try something new she hates it.

07-05-2009, 11:08 AM
My 1 year old drinks the 3% then we buy 2% for everyone else. My guy can go through 5-6 8oz bottles of milk a day. He sure loves it, and this is on top of his regular food.

Mimi
07-05-2009, 11:09 AM
The milk at Zellers is Beatrice. It is Homogonized - red bag. The sign on the fridge says $3.99. You have to make sure it comes up $3.99 at the till. I just bought some yesterday. They usually only have a few bags at a time.

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 11:12 AM
My 1 year old drinks the 3% then we buy 2% for everyone else. My guy can go through 5-6 8oz bottles of milk a day. He sure loves it, and this is on top of his regular food.

WOW...lol..Mine does not drink that much. I use to try to get her to drink alot but then realized i was wasting more then she was drinking and when she was thirsty she would drink. She is one healthy little girl so i guess shes getting what she needs. Friggan kid is 28 pounds and 2 foot 6..lol. I have a friend with a little boy who is 2 weeks older them her, at her b day i was holding him and omg i wish mine was as light as he was. he was like lifting a feather compared ot mine. But mine is not fat, at all, she is just tall and her weight is good for her height. She has no rolls or anything. Shes not skin and bones either, I guess she has a little baby fat but nothing bad at all. people can not believe she is so big for her age. I just bought her shoes at kiddie kobbler and she is in a size 6..lol. the women said that she has 2 -3 yr olds in that size..haha

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 11:14 AM
The milk at Zellers is Beatrice. It is Homogonized - red bag. The sign on the fridge says $3.99. You have to make sure it comes up $3.99 at the till. I just bought some yesterday. They usually only have a few bags at a time.

Thanks. I did not know it was that cheap there. Ya zellers is famous for saying one price then it scans a higher price. I was there a couple weeks ago and i could not figure ut why my bill was 145.00 I sat in the car re looked it over , brought it back in and they refunded me 60 bucks. They made a couple boo boos..lol.charged me 3 times for certain things. Something that was 9.99 scanned 19.99 2 times. good thing i re looked it over.

someguy
07-05-2009, 11:27 AM
LOL. Changed man eh..
any whoo... I guess walmart is not the cheapest, I guess zellers is. If it is homo milk. I know that at zellers the 2 % is 3.99. But homom milk is always more.

Now when you say homo milk is it only for those who have relations with the same sex to drink?:wink:

Peety
07-05-2009, 11:34 AM
My daughter was off the bottle at one and we used the sippy cup she had 1 at every meal.
The dr said that kids should be eating more foods by the time they are 1.
Not fill up on milk.

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Yes that is correct. She eats lots during the day. Like i said she only has 2-3 4 oz bottles 1 in the morning , 1 in the afternoon before her nap and 1 when she goes to sleep. She has sips of juice as well out of a cup. She knows how to use a sippy cup, she just prefers to drink out of a real cup.lol.

Peety
07-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I think the drs like to see them on a sippy cup by age 1,...
makes sence for thier diet and teeth..

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 11:39 AM
ya probably. Im trying to ween her off of it and onto her cup, but every child is different and she will eventually be off the bottle. I am not having a 2 yr old running around with a bottle hanging out of her face..lol.she just turned 1 a week ago. I ve been introducing her sippy cup for over a month now. She will get use to it soon enough

someguy
07-05-2009, 11:40 AM
This thread now needs to be moved to the health section.

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 11:41 AM
ya probably..i agree . I can not move it I can only delete it..lol

Peety
07-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I have seen a 4 year old on the bottle..parents need thier heads read.

Mine has been off before she was 1,,
So was my son.. It makes me think about teeth they both have perfect teeth..

I have friends whos kids teeth are rotted..Maybe they are right being on the bottle to long does that.

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 11:47 AM
I have seen a 4 year old on the bottle..parents need thier heads read.

Mine has been off before she was 1,,
So was my son.. It makes me think about teeth they both have perfect teeth..

I have friends whos kids teeth are rotted..Maybe they are right being on the bottle to long does that.

ya 4 years old is a little much for a bottle. same as a soother. Mine could care less about a soother which im very happy about.
Most kids with rotten teeth at a young age is sometimes cause by going to bed with a bottle of juice , kool aid, ect.. I would never give my daughter Kool aid or juice in a bottle. When she has a drink of juice, its juice got her age and it is watered down and in a cup. Putting your child to bed with a bottle is a big no no. But some parents do and Im not here to judge them. I personally would not.
I ve also seen a little boy who had rotten teeth, was off a bottle at 9 months old, did not drink juice at all ect..it was just that his baby teeth were bad but when he got older his adult teeth were fine.

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Oh ya, i brush my daughters teeth after every meal. i bought one of those tooth brushes that go on my finger with baby toothpaste and i brush them after every mean and before bedtime. That way she s know she has to brush her teeth and be use to it.

Peety
07-05-2009, 11:50 AM
ya 4 years old is a little much for a bottle. same as a soother. Mine could care less about a soother which im very happy about.
Most kids with rotten teeth at a young age is sometimes cause by going to bed with a bottle of juice , kool aid, ect.. I would never give my daughter Kool aid or juice in a bottle. When she has a drink of juice, its juice got her age and it is watered down and in a cup. Putting your child to bed with a bottle is a big no no. But some parents do and Im not here to judge them. I personally would not.
I ve also seen a little boy who had rotten teeth, was off a bottle at 9 months old, did not drink juice at all ect..it was just that his baby teeth were bad but when he got older his adult teeth were fine.

His parents must not have brushed them regulary,,
A kid a T ball she mad at the dentist her kids teeth are rotten and the dentist gave her hell..
So I guess it is regular cleaning that keeps them good..

07-05-2009, 11:54 AM
My one year old eats cerel in the morning, a sandwhich/kid meal for lunch, and whatever we are eating for supper. He's just an eating machine lol

Giggle Squirt
07-05-2009, 12:11 PM
My son is a big pig. He will have 2 scrambled eggs, toast and a banana for breakfast, sanck like grilled cheese or pasta or something like that for lunch and whatever were having for supper plus whatever you decided you want to snack on inbetween then. HE is so inlove with brushing his teeth that after 5 min of brushing his teeth and you take the tooth brush away he will scream like you just pulled his teeth out. I never had him on homo milk. It has been soy and then 1%. I didn't have either of my kids on homo milk. Their doc told me that they didn't need all the fat in the milk and that their was no difference between the vitamins in 1% and homo milk.

Strife
07-05-2009, 12:26 PM
For the longest time my son would not take cows milk. It all stemmed from when my fiance got ill and wasnt able to breast feed because of the drugs she was taking. The 3 days she was told not to breast feed, she dried up quicker than a Texas rain fall. We tried giving him homo milk (referred to as whole milk in the US) and he would not have it AT ALL. We even tried 2% milk and he would not take it. We had a home visit from my fiance's lactation consultant and she said try it again. We gave him some 2% milk in a sippy cup and he took it like it was a boob lol. Now he takes milk with no problems.