PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a Strange Question...

kattty
07-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Okay so..I've been working out a lot and ect..and I'm going to most likely be joining the RCMP shortly.

My biggest concern is..I have HUGE boobs lol. WELL ...D's for that matter but..honestly for jumping around/moving ect..its becoming just such a pain.

My question is has anyone thought of/got a breast reduction due to a similiar issue? Where to go and what kind of questions I should ask.

I dont want my boobs to be deflated or anything..I'll probably get something put in them to make them rounder-ish ..but..I'm just curious if anyone else has thought of doing it

thanks so much,

SWRKR 01
07-07-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm not going to address the breast thing...but I wanted to say ... Congratulations on the RCMP decision. I wish you well, it is a noble profession and I have some really great friends who are mounties. Best of luck!

bluekrissyspikes
07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
if you get something put in that will not be a reduction. just be cautious choosing a surgeon. my sil got a reduction when she was going into the military and they did a horrible job, BUT you get what you pay for, right?

kattty
07-07-2009, 03:17 PM
yeah thats my biggest fear is chosing a surgen....but
I look at it that I have to carry around a belt that weighs 10-15 pounds...wrestle people sometimes and ect and An additonal 20 pounds just on my chest area isn't exactly fun lol..

Did they fix their mistakes or?...like what happens if it clearly is horrible..esp in the case that she was in the army?

bluekrissyspikes
07-07-2009, 03:31 PM
she went to court to try to get them to pay for her to get it fixed but they kept putting it off till the statute ran out. they are still horrible. there is a large raised line up the middle of the bottom, a clear circle around her nipple and her nipples were brought way too high up, so she can't wear most bras or tank tops. she can't afford to get reconstructive surgery, it's not covered so she's stuck with that.
i don't think most people have these types of problems though.

EyelashExtensions
07-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I think your best bet is to go down south. Ask for "portfolios", ask for their statistics...have they had any deaths? How many people have suffered complications at that practice? Ask for a referral from a Dr. here, and that you are referred to someone with a good standing practice.

kattty
07-07-2009, 03:38 PM
she went to court to try to get them to pay for her to get it fixed but they kept putting it off till the statute ran out. they are still horrible. there is a large raised line up the middle of the bottom, a clear circle around her nipple and her nipples were brought way too high up, so she can't wear most bras or tank tops. she can't afford to get reconstructive surgery, it's not covered so she's stuck with that.
i don't think most people have these types of problems though.

With the proceedure being so mainstream these days I'm sure it happens a LOT more .

The thing is I really like my boobs lol I just wish they were Smaller!...so this whole issue has been stressing me out for sometime because I'm really into the RCMP thing and I'm giong to get my phD for Psycology part-time whilst doing training and so forth. I just hear so many horror stories from people closer to home that it's scary..nor DO i want to travel an exceptional distance to get a surgery done with some strange doctor..haha

someguy
07-07-2009, 03:40 PM
My niece had a breast reduction done here covered by OHIP by Dr Best. Allegedlly he is really good at it

kattty
07-07-2009, 04:19 PM
well..to be honest I'm half Italian and half French so... haha I'm kinda curvy but, not FAT ..with a reduction it doesn't make your boobs flatten out and unperky though no?...Thats one of the main things im worried about.

Down south,your talking about Toronto area?lol....

Another thing,do you think you could get insurance to cover you incase SOMETHING does go wrong?Because I've heard about OHIP now and..I wonder with that you can BUY insurance lol

heintzman
07-07-2009, 10:55 PM
dr. best,,or the other one is good too,, no beside manner,, but he is good,,,,,

icecapp
07-08-2009, 04:40 AM
My aunt had hers done yrs ago.. ohip covered. it.. I dont really remember what it looked like under a shirt.. I remember tones of stitching.. thats it.. they also reshaped her brest.. she was like 40ish at the time and had boobs of a 20 yr old and still to this day are the same.... better shaped then mine that is..

Im sure if for the right reasons such as pain my aunt indured in her back and shoulders cause of the weight and the ristrictions on movement you also may be able to get them done bye ohip... I would speek to your DR.

kitty&mimi
07-08-2009, 08:24 AM
might sound dum but did u invest in a good sports bra? something that holds really well?
if not...then if ur doing reduction, a friend of mine did that yrs ago...it went well...
cant remember dr's name, but she had it done here
but i can understand how it would be uncomfortable, all that jumping around...and ur boobs are going opposite direction lol

Luv'inLife
07-08-2009, 08:34 AM
My niece had a breast reduction done here covered by OHIP by Dr Best. Allegedlly he is really good at it

I would have to agree...I know of a few friends and a family member who had this done and all say "Best is best"

kattty
07-08-2009, 09:07 AM
might sound dum but did u invest in a good sports bra? something that holds really well?
if not...then if ur doing reduction, a friend of mine did that yrs ago...it went well...
cant remember dr's name, but she had it done here
but i can understand how it would be uncomfortable, all that jumping around...and ur boobs are going opposite direction lol

Yup..I sure did!..I have several actually..and honestly,they work somewhat..
but its true ITS VERY annoying and I honestly think it makes me top heavy (haha) as pathedic as that sounds..

Yeah,I have an appointment with my doctor on the 17th, so I'll try and GET around to asking. I keep trying but shes like"ONE THING TODAY" lol..I'm like gee..thanks

lynys
07-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Honestly, and this is just my own opinion, sports bras suck ass. All of them.

I work out, play sports and get a ton of exercise and find that a tight fitting, underwire bra works best. We are talking a D cup here, and I have no issues whatsoever with exercise and my chest.

Sweet Little Sister
07-08-2009, 12:03 PM
i heart lynys' boobs

bluekrissyspikes
07-08-2009, 12:09 PM
i find underwires to work best as well, and i am larger than a d cup. the ones that are all lacy look nice but aren't as supportive. whatever you decide to do, make sure you put a lot of thought into it. you wouldn't want to have it done just to regret it in the future..

lynys
07-08-2009, 02:10 PM
i heart lynys' boobs

I love it when you talk dirty.

MissMuffett
07-08-2009, 07:28 PM
my sister had a breast reducation about 3 weeks ago.. I have seen the outcome and they look pretty good... She got a referel from her dr.. and than she waited about 1 month.. they did an amazing job.., The recovery sucks though... shes in alot of pain but coping.. she got her staples taken out a week after the surgery.. she is super excited.. :D

pattycakes13
07-09-2009, 03:34 PM
I had a breast reduction done a few years back here in the Sault by Dr. Woolner. He did a fabulous job, i felt so much better after having them done, much less back pain and discomfort, shopping for clothes and bra's was much easier. I had no complications and you cant even see my scars. also, it was covered by ohip. If you have any questions feel free to pm me!

DeleteAccout
08-08-2009, 03:14 PM
If you have a good Doctor, your breasts will look fine, or even better than they do now after the reduction. Ask people who have had the reductions done, and ask them if they're satisfied with the work. You could even make a small trip down south to get to a better doctor if it means that much to you.
I am a guy, but I have a lot of friends who can't run due to the size of their chest. It's too difficult. I imagine you wear a sports bra correct? They tend to help.