PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Flea bites on human!!!

Giggle Squirt
07-10-2009, 08:22 PM
My son has what are now confirmed as flea bites on his ankles and hands. I have been over all my animals with a comb on to white paper to check for flea dirt and nothing. No one else in my house has the bites on them. I am thinking he got them from outside playing and running around or something... I have cream for it but does anyone know how long they usually last for? I have no idea where he could of picked them up from. My mom checked her cat nothing, my dogs and cats nothing, the only thing I can think of is the grass????

Luv'inLife
07-10-2009, 11:02 PM
could be from outside, benedyrl will help if its itchy...ussualy a day or so like a mosquito bite and they will be gone, try buying him the citronella bracelets from the $store and put one on his ankle and one on his wrist....

Giggle Squirt
07-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I have been giving him reactant (sp) for kids and putting the cream on them, but they are only on his hands and ankles/feet area where his legs are bare. His last mosquito bites lasted 3 weeks and some of them swelled around the size of a quarter and stuck out. Would flea bites cause enough of a reaction to cause fever and such? I should of asked the doc but you know when your in that situation you forget everything... It is like he is having an allergic reaction to the bites like he gets with mosquito bites. I will call the tele health line tomorrow see if they can give me any more answers. I have never dealt with this before and he is only 19 months old.. :( do fleas burrow into the skin like ticks?

Luv'inLife
07-11-2009, 12:36 AM
maybe sand fly bites...if he has a fever I would watch him very close..fleas do not burrow to my knowledge.