PDA

View Full Version : Not Worthy of a Third World Country

Slow
07-15-2009, 01:52 PM
"Last month, a parliamentary committee invited Jennifer Lynch, the head of the Canadian Human Rights Commission, to answer questions about her agency's conduct. She refused to attend, sending in her place a deputy who could not answer key questions put to him by MP Russ Hiebert.

In her July 11 letter to the National Post, Lynch denies that CHRC staff hacked into the Internet account of a private citizen to cover their tracks as they logged into their memberships in neo-Nazi websites. Lynch says both the Privacy Commissioner and the RCMP "found no evidence to support this allegation.

There was a hearing into the matter, though, at the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal on March 25, 2008. Alain Monfette, Bell Canada's security officer, testified that the CHRC accessed the Internet using that private citizen's Bell account. Lynch's lawyers sat in embarrassed silence -- they did not rebut Monfette's evidence nor even bother to cross-examine him.

...CHRC employees have been active members of neo-Nazi organizations for years, and have published countless anti-Semitic, anti-gay and anti-black comments online. CHRC employees have admitted to this under oath. On the same day Monfette testified about the hacking, CHRC investigator Dean Steacy testified there were no guidelines about what CHRC staff could do using their online Nazi memberships.

Steacy, for example, used his Nazi membership to write encouraging words to a racist group called B. C. White Pride. He praised them, told them their racist posters were "great" and promised to distribute their literature. Your tax dollars at work.

Other CHRC investigators went further. One praised Nazi leaders ( "I still say [Adrien] Arcand is our man!"); called for Canadian police to discriminate against blacks ( "exactly when will white cops understand that they should stand by THEIR race?!"); and trashed a Jewish youth group ( "if people spent the time building fellow WNs [White Nationalists] up rather than tearing them down we'd be dangerous. Unless your goal is to tear people down in which case go join Hillel or something.")

At least 12 CHRC prosecutions have been tainted by CHRC staff or witnesses using agent provocateur tactics like that. They've even written Nazi shorthand for "Heil Hitler".

Steacy testified that at least seven CHRC staff have access to Nazi membership accounts: Steacy himself, his two personal assistants, investigator Sandy Kozak, lawyer Giacomo Vigna, manager John Chamberlin, and former CHRC investigator and current serial witness and complainant Richard Warman.

By sheer numbers, the Canadian Human Rights Commission has more Nazi members than the tiny Canadian Nazi Party did when it briefly existed in the 1960s.

The Prime Minister needs to intervene. It's time Stephen Harper fired everyone with a Nazi membership at the CHRC, along with the woman who is permitting their bigotry."

http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=1791002&p=1

Could you even begin to imagine the reaction of Hans and Huggy is this story came out of the U.S.??

Hans
07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
You have a much larger story : operation paperclip.
We don't even come close to matching that.

Slow
07-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Excusing this...amazing.

NewCasa
07-15-2009, 02:37 PM
You're right Slow, if true this is absolutely disgusting and there are no excuses. Do you have any corroborating information on this?

Hans
07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Excusing this...amazing.

I did not excuse anything. I merely pointed out this is pale in comparison to operation paperclip.

TheManInBlack
07-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Do you really want to argue about this? So some workers join a website. your government workers did this

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmtuskegee1.html

for one, I have alot more.

Anapeg
07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Slow how is it that when it comes to the Church it is not the church's fault when humans screw up yet when it involves the Canadian government we the people AND the government are at fault. If, as in your church's handling of politically sensitive matters to err is human then is the same not applicable in this instance?
You say that humans make mistakes and that's to be expected and I shouldn't hold the Church legally or morally responsible yet the Canadian people and government have their feet held to the fire over this by yourself. Where do you draw the line or was this done for you by geological and political boundaries?
You do vacillate to a point that staying your mark is difficult for myself at least. You hold your own government to one standard, ours to another and your Church to yet another. I do agree that the people made abhorrent choices but to point north in general and proclaim the population wrong, misguided, wrong minded amounts to throwing the baby out with the bath water.
I do agree those involved should face termination if not court action but to implicate the whole government of a misdeed is as yet unfounded. Governments on a whole and the Canadian government in particular move very slowly, deliberately. Give them a chance to see if they can't deflect some of the problem before they react.
You give this much consideration to your Church, how about extending a little this way?

Slow
07-15-2009, 05:57 PM
You're right Slow, if true this is absolutely disgusting and there are no excuses. Do you have any corroborating information on this?

A commission by your government isn't enough?

Huggy85
07-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Slow how is it that when it comes to the Church it is not the church's fault when humans screw up yet when it involves the Canadian government we the people AND the government are at fault.

Awww, Anapeg. You are going to kill the pleasure that slow gets out of mindlessly posting his "blame Canada" threads and obsessing over Canada and Canadians some more.

Slow
07-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Slow how is it that when it comes to the Church it is not the church's fault when humans screw up yet when it involves the Canadian government we the people AND the government are at fault. If, as in your church's handling of politically sensitive matters to err is human then is the same not applicable in this instance?
You say that humans make mistakes and that's to be expected and I shouldn't hold the Church legally or morally responsible yet the Canadian people and government have their feet held to the fire over this by yourself. Where do you draw the line or was this done for you by geological and political boundaries?
You do vacillate to a point that staying your mark is difficult for myself at least. You hold your own government to one standard, ours to another and your Church to yet another. I do agree that the people made abhorrent choices but to point north in general and proclaim the population wrong, misguided, wrong minded amounts to throwing the baby out with the bath water.
I do agree those involved should face termination if not court action but to implicate the whole government of a misdeed is as yet unfounded. Governments on a whole and the Canadian government in particular move very slowly, deliberately. Give them a chance to see if they can't deflect some of the problem before they react.
You give this much consideration to your Church, how about extending a little this way?

Please, give me a break.

I said the Rights Commission is not worthy of a Third-World country. That seems to me to be a slap at that laughable commission, and not your government.

Like I said before, for a people that spend an inordinate amount of time criticizing the government of the US, you guys sure get worked up if someone dare return the favor...and even in this case that didn't happen at all, as your government was not criticized.

Now, if they keep this 'rights' commission around, then, yeah, believe it or not, I'm going to criticize your wonderful government; a government that has done a pretty good job at convincing you guys it is beyond the realm of criticism from the proleteriat.

Let them eat...bacon

Slow
07-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Awww, Anapeg. You are going to kill the pleasure that slow gets out of mindlessly posting his "blame Canada" threads and obsessing over Canada and Canadians some more.

Translation: "Guys, let's deflect attention from this...now!!"

Slow
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
So, on a thread where the issue is Neo-Nazi infiltration of your human rights commission, and an amazing breach of privacy with Internet files, so far the general replies from you guys are al follows:

"So, there was abuse in the Catholic Church and the US government experimented on some Black people a half century ago"

really, guys??

Slow
07-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Do you really want to argue about this? So some workers join a website. your government workers did this

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmtuskegee1.html

for one, I have alot more.
LOL!!!

What does that prove?

Does it remove the fact your human rights commission is a joke of massive proportions?

Anapeg
07-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Please, give me a break.

I said the Rights Commission is not worthy of a Third-World country. That seems to me to be a slap at that laughable commission, and not your government.Now, if they keep this 'rights' commission around, then, yeah, believe it or not, I'm going to criticize your wonderful government; a government that has done a pretty good job at convincing you guys it is beyond the realm of criticism from the proleteriat.

You are right and I did err. You made no mention of the government proper, I apologize for doing what I accuse you of, skimming and not digesting. Should this be made "to go away" ( I fear this will transpire ) I will/would stand shoulder to shoulder with yourself. I would likely be the more vociferous of the two.
As with virtually any Commission allowed to police itself it tends to take on a life all it's own and makes it's own policy, sad but true. Our government tends to turn these things out and leave the fox in charge of the hen house.

NewCasa
07-15-2009, 06:17 PM
A commission by your government isn't enough?

Slow, it seems you thought I was challenging you, where I was actually just asking if you had more information to corroborate the statements made by the man who wrote the article. In case you are not aware, this man is a fairly well-known political activist who really seems to have a major axe to grind with our government and has done for a while. It should not surprise you that I would ask for corroboration on information brought forward by someone who such a definite agenda.

This does not in any way excuse HRC or our government for not dealing with them. As far as the HRC goes, I would be just as happy to see them all go packing. All indications I've heard is that they have done much more harm than good.

And as far as our current federal government, let's not go there ok? I think we'd both be laughing too hard to carry on any further discussion. Problem is the joke is on us, the 'proletariat'.

NewCasa
07-15-2009, 06:22 PM
So, on a thread where the issue is Neo-Nazi infiltration of your human rights commission, and an amazing breach of privacy with Internet files, so far the general replies from you guys are al follows:

"So, there was abuse in the Catholic Church and the US government experimented on some Black people a half century ago"

really, guys??

You seem to fairly consistently focus on this notion that it's US GUYS vs Slow. Or maybe vice versa. I find that quite interesting in several ways.

Slow
07-15-2009, 06:26 PM
In case you are not aware, this man is a fairly well-known political activist who really seems to have a major axe to grind with our government and has done for a while. .

Yes, I'm aware of Mr. Levant. And I realize he has an axe to grind.

But he didn't make up the fact there was a hearing on the matter at the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal on March 25, 2008. He didn't make up their findings and recommendations. Those are beyond opinion.

Hans
07-15-2009, 07:40 PM
While Canada might view some web pages, it's a pale comparison to employing and protecting people like the person below.
He sounds like a real prize.

http://www.archives.gov/iwg/declassified-records/rg-263-cia-records/rg-263-report.html

Emil Augsburg: The name file of Emil Augsburg (alias Althaus, alias Alberti) reveals interesting details concerning intelligence cooperation between the U.S. and West German intelligence communities.

In 1937 he joined the Wannsee Institute, which performed ideologically-based research on Eastern Europe. He soon became a departmental director. In 1939-40 and again in the summer and fall of 1941 he joined the Security Police to carry out what were called "special duties (spezielle Aufgaben), a euphemism for executions of Jews and others the Nazis considered undesirable. Wounded in an air attack in Smolensk in September 1941, he returned in 1942 to Berlin for research on Eastern European matters. The RSHA foreign intelligence branch formally absorbed the Wannsee Institute in 1943. All this information, gleaned from Augsburg's SS file, was available to the CIA and was in Augsburg's file.

Despite being wanted by Poland for war crimes, Augsburg was used by CIC from 1947 to 1948 as an expert on Soviet affairs, thanks in part to his insistence that at the end of the war he had cashiered eight trunks of files about Comintern activities (these were never found). Augsburg was dropped as a CIC informant, perhaps the result of a negative appraisal by Klaus Barbie, who also worked for CIC. Barbie passed on word to CIC that Augsburg's brother was part of a network of former SS officials with connections to the French.

Klaus Barbie: The CIA's name file on Klaus Barbie, the Gestapo official widely known as the "Butcher of Lyon," includes copies of already known wartime German documents, substantial numbers of U. S. Army and State Department documents, copies of press stories, congressional inquiries, material about a Justice Department study of Barbie, and internal investigations by the Army and the CIA itself over alleged ties to Barbie. The basic picture emerging from these documents is widely known: the Counterintelligence Corps (CIC) of the U.S. Army protected Barbie after the war against French prosecution and helped him reach South America.

NewCasa
07-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Nah - this guy's the REAL prize. I've got no idea how a country could employ and protect someone like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEbZqvMu2cQ

Hans
07-15-2009, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D4uAW_3Gjg&feature=related

SSMP
07-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Interesting that all of the commissoners on this board were appointed while the Conservatives were in charge. Also interesting that the Conservative party has been trying to get rid of this commission since they were the Reform Party.
It does seem a bit strange that these allegations come up after the Conservatives come to power and they have had time to place their own people in charge.