PDA

View Full Version : Herbed Mushroom Pate Recipe

heintzman
07-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I got this recipe from the summer food and drink magazine,,, it is really, really good!! and easy! Thought I would share with you! I brought it to a few BBQ's as an appitizer, and it went over really well at both. Enjoy!

HERBED MUSHROOM PATE

2 TBS.P. butter
1 lb. cremini and / or button mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp. dry white wine
1 brick cream cheese, room temp.
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 tsp. chopped fresh savory or thyme
1 tsp. rosemary
Grilled soft flatbreads, crisp flatbreads or crackers.

Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat . add mushrooms, garlic and onion and sauté for about 8 min. until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are browned. Add wine and cook, stirring up brown bits, until evaporated. Let cool slightly.

Place in a food processor with cream cheese, salt and pepper, and puree until smooth. Check seasoning and stir in savory and rosemary. Pack into ramekins. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, up to 5 days.

To serve, let pate stand at room temp. for about 15 min. Serve with flatbreads or crackers.

Luv to be on the GO
07-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Wow a new recipe.....Thanks Corky !!

heintzman
12-25-2013, 03:29 AM
So,,, has anyone tried this yet?.,,,, why not?..,i have people begging me to make this for them,,,,,

I got this recipe from the summer food and drink magazine,,, it is really, really good!! and easy! Thought I would share with you! I brought it to a few BBQ's as an appitizer, and it went over really well at both. Enjoy!

HERBED MUSHROOM PATE

2 TBS.P. butter
1 lb. cremini and / or button mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp. dry white wine
1 brick cream cheese, room temp.
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 tsp. chopped fresh savory or thyme
1 tsp. rosemary
Grilled soft flatbreads, crisp flatbreads or crackers.

Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat . add mushrooms, garlic and onion and sauté for about 8 min. until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are browned. Add wine and cook, stirring up brown bits, until evaporated. Let cool slightly.

Place in a food processor with cream cheese, salt and pepper, and puree until smooth. Check seasoning and stir in savory and rosemary. Pack into ramekins. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, up to 5 days.

To serve, let pate stand at room temp. for about 15 min. Serve with flatbreads or crackers.

gouligann
04-04-2014, 06:34 AM
Here's my version
Spinach, 1 package cooked down and chopped
6 large mushrooms, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1-2 tbsp red pepper, chopped
2 tsp butter
2 tbsps ranch dressing (dry, from package)
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese OR substitute low cal cream cheese
3 tbsp sour cream and 3 tbsp mayonaise OR substitute low cal cottage cheese instead of sour cream and mayo.

1 can water chestnuts (****add at the end***)

Method:
Cook spinach, put it in a strainer and squeeze out water
In small frying pan, fry mushrooms, garlic and red pepper in
2 tsp butter.
Combine ALL in food processor, then add one can of water chestnuts FINELY CHOPPED.
Serve with taco chips, flatbread, triscuits or melba rounds. yummy!