PDA

View Full Version : Limewire

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Anyone else having problems with Limewire? I haven't been able to connect in a bout a week.

07-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Tippi, I have connected fine and downloaded.

If you have antivirus or firewall, right click on their icon and his disable (firewall portion) and try to reconnect.

Sounds maybe an issue of an outside program blocking it.

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Ok I will check that out thanks.

GenX
07-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Is Limewire full of worms and small viruses still, or have they cleaned it up?

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Hmmm that didn't seem to work. Maybe I'll install and reinstall.

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 02:06 PM
I've never had a problem until now.

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Nope nothing seems to be working. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

T_wolfe
07-10-2007, 02:54 PM
when I was on there a 4 days ago it was still full of virus's and worms...not going back till I know it's safe....

WingNut
07-10-2007, 02:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope nothing seems to be working. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif </div></div>

Tippi...I don't know what Limewire you are using but if you can ( find & download Limewire Pro ) I haven't used Limewire for a while but it seems to me that the Pro version will let you connect better. Hope this helps you.

kim gagnon
07-10-2007, 02:58 PM
my brother told me to get rid of it. bad news, he has some other sight for music and movies that he is going to put in for me, and no worms or viruses

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 03:08 PM
What site is that Harley?
Wing Nut I was trying downloading the free version. I was trying to avoid the pro so I wouldn't have to pay. lol I know I'm cheap.

GRUMPY
07-10-2007, 03:11 PM
try going with torrents.

kim gagnon
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What site is that Harley?
Wing Nut I was trying downloading the free version. I was trying to avoid the pro so I wouldn't have to pay. lol I know I'm cheap. </div></div>
i will ask him the name of it tonight and let you know tommorow

Sara
07-10-2007, 03:33 PM
We've used Limewire since it came out and have never gotten a single virus from it. And we've not had a problem downloading anything recently, in fact we were on yesterday getting music. *shrug*

MaO3
07-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Tippi mine just sort of quit a while ago. I went to the site and re-downloaded it. Workes fine now.

Teddy_Gurl
07-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I can download every song but the one I want! I'm trying to get the new Keith Urban song and it just won't connect to any of them!

kim gagnon
07-10-2007, 04:19 PM
thats because counrty music sucks and limewire even knows it. just kidding. lol

WingNut
07-10-2007, 04:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: harley girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats because counrty music sucks and limewire even knows it. just kidding. lol </div></div>

NO You're right

kim gagnon
07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wing Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: harley girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats because counrty music sucks and limewire even knows it. just kidding. lol </div></div>

NO You're right </div></div>
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif thanks

everywoman
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sara</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We've used Limewire since it came out and have never gotten a single virus from it. And we've not had a problem downloading anything recently, in fact we were on yesterday getting music. *shrug* </div></div>

Me too....

Teddy_Gurl
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
not nice guys! he's sexy! admit it! lol

MaO3
07-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Not many sexier if you ask me or Tippi!

GRUMPY
07-10-2007, 05:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wing Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: harley girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats because counrty music sucks and limewire even knows it. just kidding. lol </div></div>

And this is coming from the Polka King himself.

WingNut
07-10-2007, 06:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grumpy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wing Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: harley girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats because counrty music sucks and limewire even knows it. just kidding. lol </div></div>

And this is coming from the Polka King himself. </div></div>

Hey Disco Giraffe, don't you ever give up?

GRUMPY
07-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I still love those polka dot shirts of yours.

H.E. Pennypacker
07-10-2007, 06:16 PM
i've never had a problem downloading from limewire..ever. no worms, no viruses, no nothing.

The Berean
07-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Polka??

An optomist is an accordian player with a pager.

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Ok here's the problem I click on the link and I get the little hour glass for a couple seconds and then that's it.....nothing loads??????? Pissssing me off now. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Also when downloading the old version and a new one it said that I had an old version running already but I don't see it anywhere on my computer. Any ideas?

WingNut
07-10-2007, 06:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also when downloading the old version and a new one it said that I had an old version running already but I don't see it anywhere on my computer. Any ideas?

</div></div>
Tippi- close your old version, and delete it off you puter and then install the new one. Look on the bottom bar to the right of the Start button and if it is running you should have a green thing in there, just hold the mouse over it and it will say Limewire.

GRUMPY
07-10-2007, 06:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ConKat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Polka??

An optomist is an accordian player with a pager. </div></div>

I just thought that was a guy who checked your eyes.

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 06:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wing Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also when downloading the old version and a new one it said that I had an old version running already but I don't see it anywhere on my computer. Any ideas?

</div></div>
Tippi- close your old version, and delete it off you puter and then install the new one. Look on the bottom bar to the right of the Start button and if it is running you should have a green thing in there, just hold the mouse over it and it will say Limewire. </div></div>

Did all that and went to the add/remove programs and removed it from there so I'm not sure why it's saying that.

WingNut
07-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Now restart you puter and the changes should take effect.

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Ok uninstalled shut down and restarted computer and re-installed and still it won't load. Click on the link and I get the hour glass but then it stops nothing happens.

WingNut
07-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I'll install it on mine and see what happens tippi.

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm sure it's something to do with my computer but I just don't know what it is.

WingNut
07-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Tippi- I just installed it on mine and it works perfect. I went to audio and typed in a group and within 10 secs I had 1086 songs by that artist, that is when I hit the stop search.

Try copying the limewire program right on to your hard drive and run the .exe from there.

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 07:44 PM
I think the program is fine it must be a setting on my computer or something.

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Woohoo I got it!!! it was my java script there was a problem with it so I un-installed it and reinstalled it and now it's working fine. Thanks for all the help and for the Pro upgrade.

L@wNb0Y
07-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Cowbell... best skit on SNL EVER!!!
Limewire Rocks...(just to keep in line with this topic)
LB

General Lee
07-10-2007, 08:46 PM
try frostwire

Hans
07-10-2007, 09:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedy the Parrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Limewire full of worms and small viruses still, or have they cleaned it up? </div></div>

I am curious : what is your main use for Limewire?

WingNut
07-10-2007, 10:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woohoo I got it!!! it was my java script there was a problem with it so I un-installed it and reinstalled it and now it's working fine. Thanks for all the help and for the Pro upgrade. </div></div>

Right on Tippi, glad everything worked out for you ok

tippikitty
07-10-2007, 11:55 PM
It did and thank you again!!!!

GRUMPY
07-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Other than his total fascination with anything to do with polkas Wing Nut is ok. A little bent sometimes and most definitely frayed around the edges but basically OK.

GRUMPY
07-11-2007, 12:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedy the Parrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Limewire full of worms and small viruses still, or have they cleaned it up? </div></div>

I am curious : what is your main use for Limewire?

</div></div>

Take a wild guess

Hans
07-11-2007, 11:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Art Vandelay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i've never had a problem downloading from limewire..ever. no worms, no viruses, no nothing. </div></div>

Do a search for *svchost* on your system. Post the results here.

kitca
07-15-2007, 12:37 PM
i have tons of "svchost" running i just tried to copy and paste them here but it wouldnt work. are they all bad?

Hans
07-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Running is different then location. The only location for svchost is windows\system32. Any other location and it's a trojan or virus.
Starting up a fake svchost is one of the major ways a trojan or virus infects your system and can stay undetected.

kitca
07-15-2007, 04:15 PM
so how do i get rid of them? i have several of these things running. i do a mcaffee each week and a spybot and adaware too. but they always seem to come right back.

Hans
07-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Download http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.mspx

Then after installing it, open it.
It will show all your running processes.
It's normal to have several processes called svchost.exe. However, the path has to be \windows\system32\svchost.exe
Any other path and it's a virus or trojan.

DeleteAccout
07-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I use Frostwire. Never had an issue before ..... And they're turbo charged speeds /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

GirlNextDoor
07-16-2007, 11:06 PM
i use limewire all the time for those hard to find artist's and songs. ive yet once to get any form of malicious software from it. it just takes a bit o common sense and reading to weed out the crap from the good. it dont matter what form of p2p you use, your going to get malware if you just click like crazy without a little bit of looking around.

DeleteAccout
07-18-2007, 04:24 PM
get frostwire ..... sister frogram to limewire ..... turbo charged downloads ... and free

kitca
07-18-2007, 10:40 PM
i will check out frostwire.

B.David
07-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Those programs all suck in the end. Torrents are the way to go. My private torrent site collection is building nicely, so I seem to be able to get anything I want (small list).

DeleteAccout
07-19-2007, 07:25 PM
small list :S ..... Come on man .... I have over 15,000 songs now, and 200 movies. Not to mention WELL over 50GB in programs + 100gb in games /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Time to step up /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Saultitis
07-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Could I ask what that site would be Harleygirl? I don't trust too many sites.

DeleteAccout
07-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Harley seems to be speaking of Torents. It's like a mass download thing. Rather than download one song, you can download the full album or the full discography. It does however take much more time, and the risk of being infected can be higher due to the file sizes being greater. People dont realize that "spyware" is small .... while viruses can be larger in size, and easily hidden in a large download.

Regardless .... for single songs ..... Limewire / Frostwire is the best you can get. For mass Downloads, Get Azureus, or Bit Spirit and use tracker sites like mininova.org, torrentleech.org if you can get an invite, and demonoid.com if you can also get an invite