PDA

View Full Version : Caterpillar question

$Spendbender$
07-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Does anyone have a "green" suggestion for getting rid of 'pillars in the garden?

They're invading my weigela shrubs. They're starting to look like swiss cheese.

:cry:

Peety
07-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Spray the leaves with dish soapy mix..I had to do that with different shrubs

$Spendbender$
07-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Peety, I was hoping you'd respond..lol

You seem like our Gardener Extrordinaire here.

I'll try that, thank you!

One thing though, should I pick off all the leaves that they've already cacooned in, or just spray over the whole shot?

SWRKR 01
07-28-2009, 04:44 PM
gasoline and a match? Is that green enough?..LOL

Or, if you have a mind too, you could stand on the edge of the garden and order them out....

"Caterpillars.... ATTENTION! Quick March!"

$Spendbender$
07-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Or, if you have a mind too, you could stand on the edge of the garden and order them out....

Usually that would work for me, but I seem to be dealing with particularily recalcitrant caterpilars here.

I like Peety's idea. I figured I throw my dishes in the garden too. Ya know, kill two birds (and a couple 'pillars) with one stone kinda thing.

Peety
07-28-2009, 06:18 PM
gasoline and a match? Is that green enough?..LOL

LOL..Glad you don't live near my yard..

I would personally spray all over the shrub and any that are close..just a pain with all this fine rainy weather...
repeat repeat...

Last year I helped the inlaws pick potato bugs..then we dusted them..I used the potato dust on a shrub it worked fine..

Peety
07-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Usually that would work for me, but I seem to be dealing with particularily recalcitrant caterpilars here.

I like Peety's idea. I figured I throw my dishes in the garden too. Ya know, kill two birds (and a couple 'pillars) with one stone kinda thing.

Better Yet make the hubby pick the buggers and do the dishes..

SWRKR 01
07-28-2009, 11:35 PM
What...he pick the buggers and she do the dishes?,,LOL

That is why women's feet are so small...so they can get closer to the sink when they do dishes.

Peety
07-28-2009, 11:41 PM
What...he pick the buggers and she do the dishes?,,LOL

That is why women's feet are so small...so they can get closer to the sink when they do dishes.

No... He is to do both..

SWRKR 01
07-29-2009, 09:24 AM
No... He is to do both..

Well, we know your thinking is the reality....but we men can dream can we not?...LOL :)

The Piper
07-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Better Yet make the hubby pick the buggers and do the dishes..

What if he already does the dishes? And now you want the poor b'stard to pick ferocious plant eating caterpillars as well??? :mad:

$Spendbender$
07-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Yes, I'll admit, I don't do dishes. If it doesn't go into the dishwasher or he doesn't wash it, I don't own it.

..and he'll vomit if he has to pick caterpillars.

You should see him around earwigs...lol

SWRKR 01
07-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Me too with the earwig thing. Those gross little buggers..... I'd just as soon burn the freaking house down than to have those things around.

Peety
07-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Ha,Ha..Oh my.. So picking bloodsuckers off feet is worse than catapillers??

I do all the dishes..Hubby likes to vacumm..he will pull out the fridge a couple times a week..

Peety
07-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Me too with the earwig thing. Those gross little buggers..... I'd just as soon burn the freaking house down than to have those things around.

LOL..Do you know they bite?

just squish them..

SWRKR 01
07-29-2009, 11:36 AM
LOL..Do you know they bite?

just squish them..

Damn right I know they bite...or pinch or whatever. Their purpose on this earth still evades me.

$Spendbender$
07-29-2009, 12:56 PM
.."squish"?

No. I hate squishing bugs..especially fat spiders. That "popping" sound they make makes me positively gag.

..seriously.

/gagging now thinking about it.

Peety
07-29-2009, 02:00 PM
.."squish"?

No. I hate squishing bugs..especially fat spiders. That "popping" sound they make makes me positively gag.

..seriously.

/gagging now thinking about it.

Lol..I should buy you a battery operated flyswatter it fries them,,

$Spendbender$
07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
dang, you missed my birthday a couple weeks ago.

Gonna have to wait until Christmas now

..of course, I won't need it then..

Nothing like hi-jacking my own thread huh? lol

SWRKR 01
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I think that was a feeble attempt to get people to say Happy Buirthday to be honest with ya..... :)

$Spendbender$
07-29-2009, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't be that conceited.

I was merely lobbying for a free gift, that's all.:teeth: