View Full Version : Satellite TV Signal Theft

08-01-2009, 11:59 PM
How come the thread was deleted? Hrmm

GRUMPY
08-02-2009, 12:43 PM
I was wondering the same thing

Bill Nash
08-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I think you only posted the definition of theft without making a reference to any specific point. Mods probably thought it was "pointless".

Try posting again and state why you are doing so, .... maybe it will stay.

08-02-2009, 02:44 PM
It had a huge point. Signal Theft. Just thought it'd be a fitting topic for the TV section.

08-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I remember someone said it was a victimless crime. It showed some stats of Sat company down 200,000+ subscribers, and how may jobs were lost because of it. So I was wondering how it was a victimless crime. Perhaps shrouded by ignorance?

Bill Nash
08-03-2009, 02:50 AM
It is one of those crimes that courts and governments aren't willing to prosecute because it ties up the courts with valuable time they need for other more "hurtful" offences.

I don't think there is any crime that is victimless.

Upper Decker
08-03-2009, 01:30 PM
what about the retarded amount of commercials you get bombarded each hour on TV. 20 - 25 min an hour of commercials is also a crime in my opinion, im not paying to have advertisments blasted at me. Personally I think im a complete sucker for paying for television.

08-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Those commericals are what keep networks going. If not commercials, then there is a higher cost to carry the channel. (CTV, GLOBAL, etc..)

How many people think it'd be wrong if the clients of ESSAR bought steel elsewhere, that sells it cheaper? Isn't that called dumping, and frowned apon?

I think it's a victimless crime, but hundreds of people will lose their jobs? Yes, no?

kodak57
08-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Those commericals are what keep networks going. If not commercials, then there is a higher cost to carry the channel. (CTV, GLOBAL, etc..)

How many people think it'd be wrong if the clients of ESSAR bought steel elsewhere, that sells it cheaper? Isn't that called dumping, and frowned apon?

I think it's a victimless crime, but hundreds of people will lose their jobs? Yes, no?

give it a rest......who cares about the people that make movies.tell me who lost their jobs because of tv pirates,if anything its kept alot of people working,working on new encryption cards for bell and dn..as for the actors ****k em..they cant keep their lives together.

NewCasa
08-04-2009, 12:10 AM
How many people think it'd be wrong if the clients of ESSAR bought steel elsewhere, that sells it cheaper?

No - it's called competition. I think the comparison would be more like if someone just started ripping off the steel companies and giving the steel away free. That'd obviously kill the legitimate steel companies if there was enough of it, but that's the key - how prevalent is it?

Hans
08-04-2009, 10:29 AM
You are not really stealing the signal, you are just decrypting a data stream. It's the decrypting part you are not supposed to do. However, I am not sure if decrypting a data stream is against the law or not.

GRUMPY
08-04-2009, 11:50 AM
You can try to fool yourself that you are not a thief but in the end you know that you are the same as the ones who break into cars or steal bikes; a thief is a thief.