PDA

View Full Version : little peach cakes recipie?

Giggle Squirt
08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I am looking for a recipe for the little italian cakes that look like peaches.... If any one has one please post!!!!

someguy
08-06-2009, 10:46 PM
If you can not find the recipe go tot Dominick's homestyle on Wellington West. They make them just like mama does. I will se if I can get the recipe for you

someguy
08-06-2009, 10:51 PM
2 cups sugar

8 eggs

2 cups oil
8 cups flour (you may have to keep adding flour until firm enough to form balls)

2 tablespoons baking powder

store bought make yourself lemon filling
peach brandy, apple, orange juice or water
red and green food coloring
granulated sugar

1. Heat oven to 350& lightly grease cookie sheets Mix sugar, eggs and oil- add flour and baking powder.
2. Form 1" balls (cookies should be"flat" on the bottom where they rest on the cookie sheet) and bake about 10-15 minutes (until lightly browned on the bottom).
3. While still warm, take a small pointed knife and scoop out a pocket on the flat side of each cookie.
4. Fill with lemon filling or custard and leave a small amount on the flat sides as you join 2 cookies together to form the peach.
5. Color the brandy( or you can use water or orange/apple juice with a little food coloring& dip the peaches to give them a"blush".
6. Then roll the peach in granulated sugar.

Giggle Squirt
08-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the recipe!!! I am going to make a ton of these for my grandparents anniversary and if their is any left over you can have some ok??

someguy
08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Ok Deal!