PDA

View Full Version : The itch!

EyelashExtensions
08-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Wondering if anyone else out there has the same problem as me. About a month ago I all of a sudden started to ITCH! My arms and legs. Nothing is there no rashes, no bumps, just drive me insane itching! I googled it and apparently it is a common problem with women. According to Drs. stress related....but I'm far from stressed. Other women also seem to think it is not stress related. Anyone else had any diagnosis from something similar?

kitca
08-08-2009, 06:56 PM
i have had an itch on my back for about 7 or 8 years now. most of the middle of my back. the doctor said it was something about nerve endings or something. it DRIVES ME CRAZY. i wondered about the menopause thing, but my hormone test said that i wasnt hormonal like that. i would love to know if you find any answers, as it drives me crazy.

yoda
08-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Do you have any kidney problems?

kitca
08-08-2009, 09:15 PM
who? i have constant uti's.

yoda
08-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I have heard of some people with kidney problems that become quite itchy, I don't know the reason though

Giggle Squirt
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I have had that problem since I was a kid and my doc gave me a cortazone cream to use when I get itchy. It gets worse when I am prego, so I think it is hormone related. It always seemed to act up more when it was that time of the month no rash or anything like that but if I could I would scratch till my skin was shreaded.

Amaranth
08-09-2009, 02:41 PM
I have heard of some people with kidney problems that become quite itchy, I don't know the reason though

I have kidney disorders and the doctor said the itching caused by kidney problems was because of the fluids and toxins that get into my system. Sometimes there is no rash, other times I get nasty red spots that look like measles.

As for itching in general, I was having an issue with it myself a couple of years ago. I didn't have a rash but I was soooooooooo itchy and I would scratch until I had red blotches everywhere lol. It turned out it was environmental; the office I worked in made me itchy for some reason!

kitca
08-10-2009, 03:52 PM
enviromental, yes, my mom had a horrible problem and they figured it out. it was allergies to tide. she even had to wash everything that had not been washed in tide but might have been folded beside something that had been.

my back drives me nuts. have i said that already?

kitty&mimi
08-11-2009, 08:58 AM
allergies
hormones
nerves
omg it could be a whole bunch of things

EyelashExtensions
08-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I think I had an allergic reaction to my meds. It just wasn't an immediate reaction. They require to build up in my sytem and I think once they did I got itchy! I have stopped taking them for about a week now and it's slowly dissipating. I started to get migraines at the same time the itch started too! I took some benadryl and hydro cortisone(leftover stuff I had), it helped a bit. So now I'm back to square one with my RA! Grrrrrr