PDA

View Full Version : The fox and the bridge

KARM
08-11-2009, 12:05 PM
When shooing him away didn't work I decided to photograph this fox... that's obviously what he wanted!

The sad part of this picture is that he was obviously looking for food... people have probably been feeding them scraps out of their cars near the locks. This was shot with a wide-angle lens... this fox was just a few feet in front of me.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2645/3811016507_cc17f04015_o.jpg

icecapp
08-11-2009, 12:08 PM
I wounder if its the same one that visits my husband early morning in the shop!!! he says hes not to sure how he gets in other then when the doors are open and he hides and stays in the barns. My husbands been startled by one a few times at work.. and he works close to where that pic is.. My husband said hes not fraid of anything ....

KARM
08-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah he seems really tame, but I didn't want to test that past taking a few shots. I half expected that he was distracting me while 10 more foxes were sneaking up behind me waiting to take me down :P

Xzavia
08-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Neat pic.

There's a family of them living in the mill where Hubby works. Said it's kinda freaky when you're walking in in the morning and they start following you. He said they watched them yesterday frollicking with each other on top of piles of stock.

They asked the guy that does the pest control what could be done about them, as they are getting quite brave and freaking the guys out as they follow them around in the mill and apparently because they are "wildlife" he can't do anything about it. Sounds like they'd have to trap them and relocate them much the same as the bear problem everyone is having.

KRP
08-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Wow, great photo! I don't think I could've been that brave to stand there taking pictures as tempting as it would've been. If there isn't something between me and the animals when I'm taking pictures... I'm out of there lol.

KARM
08-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Wow, great photo! I don't think I could've been that brave to stand there taking pictures as tempting as it would've been. If there isn't something between me and the animals when I'm taking pictures... I'm out of there lol.

Haha, "brave" may not be the right word :D but after repeated attempts to shoo him away he just sat there and posed for me. I had my camera in my hand so I figured "why not?"

I was just wasting time shooting pictures of the bridges... but this was far more interesting.

MaO3
08-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Karm I love the shot. Amazing - the fox looks like he posed there just for you.

KARM
08-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Karm I love the shot. Amazing - the fox looks like he posed there just for you.

Thanks. When I moved he followed and then posed again...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2433/3811790183_7407a484e4_o.jpg

KRP
08-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Haha, "brave" may not be the right word :D but after repeated attempts to shoo him away he just sat there and posed for me. I had my camera in my hand so I figured "why not?"

I was just wasting time shooting pictures of the bridges... but this was far more interesting.

lol I still couldn't have stood there and took pictures, the most I would've done is snap a few while quickly walking away.

EyelashExtensions
08-17-2009, 04:39 PM
He has been hanging out at the boardwalk lately. Seen him there two days ago. He's not shy, but not outgoing either. I wish they would relocate him so he doesn't get hit by a car!

Very nice pics by the way :)

everywoman
08-17-2009, 09:30 PM
What a fantastic shot! I love wildlife photos, and obviously this little guy was ready for his big moment!!

Tutones
08-24-2009, 10:05 AM
He's run in front of my car a few times. I live near the plant and I've seen foxes many times lately on Wallace Terrace and Goulais Avenue heading in/out of the plant property.

Great pics!