PDA

View Full Version : how can i help her

MissMuffett
08-12-2009, 10:34 PM
I have a friend who is being emotionally and physically abused.. I have tried to offer some assistance, but she has excuses for everything, and refuses to listen.. I wish their was something i could do!!

kitca
08-12-2009, 11:05 PM
pray for her. i say that, yet i am not a 'religious' person, but i mean it. think good thoughts and hope for her. you cannot change her, you can only be a support. the best you can do is offer your unconditional support for her. dont say bad things about her partner, just be there.

leave subtle reminders of crisis line, women in crisis or whatever, but be subtle. i think she needs a friend and it sounds like you are one. i dont envy you, how hard it is on you who knows better...

everywoman
08-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Just be there for her no matter what. She needs someone she can trust. Who cares if she defends this arsehole....she's not thinking clearly. Just be a friend and a shoulder.

bluekrissyspikes
08-13-2009, 01:24 AM
as much as you probably hate her partner right now the worst thing you can do is insult him or tell her he's not good enough. she is confused and scared and probably feels like she is 'under a spell' and trapped. you can't really force her out of it. just try to be there, and let her know she can come to you if she needs to escape. also, if you can find some information for her on the cycle of abuse and help her create a safe escape plan in case she needs it that might be more help than you know.

Luv'inLife
08-13-2009, 01:41 AM
pick her up when she falls...until then just be there.

SWRKR 01
08-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Help her develop a safety plan and as others have stated, be a source of support when she needs it. I would also recommend offering her literature and education in regards to spousal abuse and services available to assist her with leaving the situation.