PDA

View Full Version : BUY co2 setup for aquarium

noved
08-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a co2 setup for my planted aquarium? Used or new, I don't care.

Giggle Squirt
08-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Pennies sells them or you can order them online. Depending on the size of your tank you might need two.

bluekrissyspikes
08-16-2009, 03:10 PM
if you want to go compressed c02 you can probable find a cylander pretty easily, like at a welding place or sometimes restaurants have them. then you need to by a kit with a regular and everything. check out bigalsonline.ca they have lots. if your tank is small you can just use flourish excel, also at bigalsonline as no one here carries it. they also have the other kind of non-pressurized co2 set ups that are a lot cheaper but don't work the same and need more maintenance like pennies gets in sometimes.

GRUMPY
08-16-2009, 07:40 PM
check on-line you can make a DIY one for a fraction of the cost of buying one.

noved
08-16-2009, 08:49 PM
My tank is an 80 gallon. The do-it-yourself won't work on a tank that big, but I am making one for my 10 gallon, I just need to buy the yeast and an air stone.

For my big tank, I want to go pressurized. I am considering buying online, but It will cost me $200+ after all is said and done. I wanted to keep it in the $100 to 140 range and buy local if possible. Thanks for the suggestions though.

bluekrissyspikes
08-16-2009, 10:28 PM
if you can figure out how to put together a co2 set up for $100 please let me know. i'd be very, very interested in knowing. :)

GRUMPY
08-16-2009, 10:59 PM
check out Big Al's but be sure to go through their American store. Its a scam however the price was about 1/2 of what the Canadian one was and this was back when ours was worth more than there's. The sad thing is it all comes from the same warehouse in Markham! Have it shipped to Weir's and bring it over from there. When going through customs tell them what you have and show them the shipping invoice that will come with it if you get any hassle. Under no circumstance try to buy plants and bring them over as they will severely slap your pee pee. Just let them know that it is for your personal tank.

gwca818
09-26-2009, 08:41 AM
If you are looking for a C02 cylinder you can get them through praxair.

20lb C02 $200 to own or $50 a year. Costs $50 to fill through them. If you rent it is $50 plus the first fill, if you buy the first fill is included.

They also have 64lb tanks but they are only for rent and are $100 a year and $100 to fill. They do deliver in both sizes for $30 and all the tanks are hydro rated and ready to go. Cheapest place in town for them.

Hope that helps.

noved
09-26-2009, 04:31 PM
thanks for the reply. I have in fact checked with Prax air. The Liquid air place across the street also will rent you a tank for $40 a year with $45 dollar refills. I have found a person that will fill Co2 tanks locally without sending them away and has unofficially quoted me $110 for a filled 20# co2 bottle with a CGA320 valve. He is also looking for a regulator for me as well but even if he can't find one I can get one on ebay for pretty cheap. If all goes well, I should be running co2 to 5 of my tanks within a couple of months. I'm not in too big of a rush. I don't want to mention his name until all is official. He wanted to read up on this use of co2 to learn for himself about obvious business potential.

gwca818
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
I think I know who you are talking about: Phoenix Fire off White Oak Drive, I get my Paintball C02's filled there...way cheaper then crappy tire, plus they fill them the correct way and don't blow pin valves.