PDA

View Full Version : Mouth Guards at night

cutie22
08-16-2009, 01:13 AM
I was told by my dentist that I need to start wearing a mouth guard at night for my TMJ. I have had one in the past made up for me which now hurts me so I do not wear it. The dental hygienist told me to just get one off the shelve because of having so much coverage. So my question is has anyone ever used the ones off the shelf? I got the Doctors advantage comfort one and so far I cannot get it to fit to my teeth properly.

Giggle Squirt
08-16-2009, 09:20 AM
I have tried a number of over the counter ones and non of them fit right and were very uncomfortable. I ended up getting one made at dr. floreani's office for 100$. Dr. Cho also made me one but my dog ate it so I just got floreani to make me a new one when he was moulding my teeth after my braces got off.

cutie22
08-16-2009, 09:45 AM
$100 isn't to bad for a mouth guard. I just don't want to pay $350 for one and have the same problems as I had with my old one.

b&aMom
08-16-2009, 10:32 AM
My husband just said, if you had it made at your dentist, you should take it back and have it fixed so it doesn't hurt. He just had one made for grinding, at about $350. He's had it about 2 or 3 weeks now, has adjusted, and it doesn't hurt him. If it hurts it's bad, let 'em fix it...you paid for it.

cutie22
08-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Mine was made a few years ago now.

Giggle Squirt
08-16-2009, 01:23 PM
What you could do is boil a pot of water, turn it off put the night guard in for a few seconds and the pop it in your moth to reshape it to your teeth.

Luv'inLife
08-16-2009, 01:44 PM
if you have had work done to your teeth your mouthguard needs to be fixed, also from not wearing it and grinding at night, the shape of your teeth change, I have one and had stopped wearing it for about 6 months and the dentist said it didn't even line up like it was made for someone else...mine has a 4 year gaurantee, ask the dentist about that.

cutie22
08-16-2009, 03:36 PM
thanks guys I will have to look into it.