PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu vaccination linked to killer nerve disease

KDawg
08-16-2009, 08:05 AM
A warning that the new swine flu jab is linked to a deadly nerve disease has been sent by the Government to senior neurologists in a confidential letter.
The letter from the Health Protection Agency, the official body that oversees public health, has been leaked to The Mail on Sunday, leading to demands to know why the information has not been given to the public before the vaccination of millions of people, including children, begins.

It tells the neurologists that they must be alert for an increase in a brain disorder called Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), which could be triggered by the vaccine.
GBS attacks the lining of the nerves, causing paralysis and inability to breathe, and can be fatal.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

The article also goes on to say that during the 1976 swine flu scare in the U.S., more people died from a similar vaccine than from the swine flu. I'll take my chances with the flu itself, thank you.

Tutones
08-16-2009, 09:00 AM
This is nothing new. Guillain-Barre Syndrome has always been a potential side affect of flu vaccinations - or a side effect of the flu or any virus for that matter. This is nothing new. Cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome are extremely rare and MOST people have a complete recovery.

This is scare mongering at its best. The chances of contracting and/or dying from the swine flu are far higher than those of contracting Guillain-Barre syndrome.

Also, this information is based completely on what happened in 1976 with a DIFFERENT strain of the swine flu and a DIFFERENT VACCINE. 25 deaths out of 40,000,000 vaccinated is .0000625% chance. The current swine flu has already killed far more than 25 people. In 1976 it killed 1 person in the US. Today? I've lost count.

KDawg
08-16-2009, 09:44 AM
This is scare mongering at its best. The chances of contracting and/or dying from the swine flu are far higher than those of contracting Guillain-Barre syndrome.

Also, this information is based completely on what happened in 1976 with a DIFFERENT strain of the swine flu and a DIFFERENT VACCINE. 25 deaths out of 40,000,000 vaccinated is .0000625% chance. The current swine flu has already killed far more than 25 people. In 1976 it killed 1 person in the US. Today? I've lost count.

Of course it's a different flu strain and a different vaccine -- this is 33 years later, but that's not the point. From the numbers in the article, in 1976, 80,000 people contracted GBS from the vaccine and 25 died, out of 40 million receiving the vaccination. One person died from the flu itself.

Chance of contracting GBS through vaccine: 0.2%
Chance of dying from GBS through vaccine: 0.0000625%
Chance of dying from swine flu: 0.0000025%

Do you still want to say the chances of contracting and/or dying from the swine flu are far higher than those of contracting GBS?

The US Government paid out millions of dollars in compensation and stopped the vaccination program after 10 weeks because it was worse than the swine flu.

As far as today goes, I believe less than 300 people world-wide have died from swine flu so far, but that still doesn't make the vaccine an attractive solution. The article states that the GBS link is still there in today's vaccine.

Tutones
08-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Do you still want to say the chances of contracting and/or dying from the swine flu are far higher than those of contracting GBS?

Of course I do! The current strain of swine flu has already proven to have a MUCH higher death rate than 1. There have been 477 deaths from swine flu in the US alone so far this year. Aside from that, the flu virus (or any virus for that matter ) itself can trigger GBS so there is no guarantee you WON'T contract GBS if you don't get vaccinated. Again, MOST people who contract GBS make a complete recovery.

http://www.utahpreppers.com/2009/08/swine-flu-fact-check/

Read the above article.

In addition...According to the CDC an average of 36,000 people die from the flu EACH year in the US. How could it be possible then, that only ONE person died from the flu in the US in 1976?

There are many reasons why this outbreak cannot be remotely compared to 1976.
In actuality the 'swine flu outbreak' in 1976 was limited to one military base in the US. No other state in the US or country in the world reported a case of swine flu. The mass vaccination was either extremely successful or extremely unnecessary in this case. Of course, we'll never know which. :P