PDA

View Full Version : Does Shaw Offer Lonestar

Daiv
08-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Maybe I am missing it, but I just checked the Shaw website and can't find the Lonestar channel on it anywhere.

Is it not offered anymore? I know it used to be, but it's been a long time since I subscribed to it.

SWRKR 01
08-21-2009, 09:00 AM
I believe the lonestar channel has been changed and is no longer available. It used to provide western type shows and movies, then changed to sci-fi stuff. I was quite disappointed and dropped the channel after they did that. I emailed them to complain and they told me that people wanted sci-fi more than westerns.... ok I thought, so why sell a western channel, and put sci-fi on it?

I don't know....sounded dumb to me.

Daiv
08-21-2009, 09:10 AM
What the frig... that blows.
I don't like Sci-Fi. I wanted to watch Matt Dillon! And Rifle Man.. ugh.
Oh, well! Guess I'll save the $5.00 a month.

Edit:
I am pretty sure my mom still gets Lonestar with the regular western type programming, but she is with StarChoice - or Shaw Satellite... whatever the new name is.

Another note:
I just looked it up on Shaw Direct and I can't find it on their channel line-up, either, so I don't know what channel I watched it on. I know last time I was at my mom's, I watched Rifleman back to back, though. Oh, well! Poo on crappy channels.

H.E. Pennypacker
08-21-2009, 09:47 AM
lonestar has been rebranded to movietime. that is why you aren't finding it anywhere.

Daiv
08-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks, Pennypacker.
I will have to go look that up now.
I don't want it, though, if it's like SWRKR says and is SCI-FI garbage.

08-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Lonestar rebranded, and decides which movies they want on there.

H.E. Pennypacker
08-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks, Pennypacker.
I will have to go look that up now.
I don't want it, though, if it's like SWRKR says and is SCI-FI garbage.

here is the site http://www.movietimetv.ca/

they play a variety of movies newer and older, all genres

Daiv
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
I looked it up. I'm not really interested in it that much.
I just wanted to watch Bonanza and Rifleman and ... I cannot for the life of me remember the other show name, but I wanted to watch it, too.

Oh, well! C'est la vie!