PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start a metal band

mbhetallurgy
08-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Guitarplayer looking to start a metal band.. i have my own gear.. i would like to do originals... i have few songs (no lyrics tho)... here you can listen to few samples i've recorded just click the link below
http://cid-d6faf903e09b7668.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?uc=5

if anyone is interested email me at metallurgy@live.ca or reply here with your contact info

ylabelle
08-24-2009, 02:40 AM
how long have you been playing?

mbhetallurgy
08-24-2009, 06:35 PM
how long have you been playing?
...'been playing guitar for about 17 years...
so no one here is interested to play some metal??? do originals??? or people in this city are only interested in playing covers from country to rock?!?!?! lame....

ylabelle
08-27-2009, 01:02 AM
yeah im down.

wiener
08-27-2009, 03:50 AM
oh ya you is down homie... problem is with the way bars are in this city, a metal band wil never get hired because most bar goers in this city wanna hear the same rock and country crap over and over and over until they are sick of it. Weddings??? i can't see a metal band playing at a wedding, or a christmas party.... there isnt a market for metal bands in this city and from what i heard on your samples, i'd say move to a bigger city and get discovered becuz u got talent.

Scoff
08-27-2009, 05:27 PM
If the band is doing strictly originals then he won't be in the market to be playing bars & weddings.

You do your own shows at halls etc with other metal bands & charge a cover. There is a small market here but you've probably lived in the Sault long enough to know the limitations.