PDA

View Full Version : Bell ExpressVu or StarChoice

403_forbidden
08-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I am trying to decide which statelite provider is better in the Soo area:

Bell ExpressVu or StarChoice.

If anyone has had both services in the past maybe you can comment which one was better in terms of HD quality and signal quality, hardware quality etc.

Juggs
08-25-2009, 03:14 PM
I am trying to decide which statelite provider is better in the Soo area:

Bell ExpressVu or StarChoice.

If anyone has had both services in the past maybe you can comment which one was better in terms of HD quality and signal quality.

they both suck you can get the same programming with full cable. may I suggest fta nfusion phonex is up and running

403_forbidden
08-25-2009, 03:20 PM
they both suck you can get the same programming with full cable. may I suggest fta nfusion phonex is up and running

I am currently with Shaw cable, but I will be moving to an area that I can not get cable service, so cable is out for me (luckily I can still get DSL for broadband Internet access). So I am down to the 2 satelite providers. What is fta nfusion phonex?

Upper Decker
08-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Expressvu has a hands down better audio and sound then cable or starchoice. That was my only regret going to cable was the picture quality. Zero issues with my bell reciever or reception except when i had a buildup of slushy wet snow on the dish.The only real beef i had with bell and starchoice was price and contract.

Anapeg
10-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I have Star Choice and enjoy the programming. My friend has Bell and other than not fully understanding Bells programming guide see little difference. When I hooked up Bell required a credit card guarantee and I am anal about giving out numbers to anyone so Star Choice got the nod. As to contracts Star Choice has none but I can't speak for Bell.
Any problems with Star Choice have been handled the day I have called whether it was for billing or delivery. The techs are really on the ball and show up in the evening if necessary. My buddy has twice at least complained about Bell being slow to respond to technical problems.

Bill Nash
10-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I have three Bell receivers and have no problem with the service or product. My only beef (and it is understandable, I guess), is that every time I call with a problem, after they fix the problem they try to sell me some other feature.

Last time I called Bell, they tried to sell me channels 287, 288, 289, 290, 291 for only a dollar a month. Those channels are the American feed for ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS. The only difference I would get is that I would be able to watch American commercials. Give me a focken break????

kodak57
10-03-2009, 10:50 PM
have had them both.love expressview,dont know about any contract,ive never had one with bell and have been a subscriber for over 10 years.As with any satillite you can share the expense with friends.i have 6 receivers and split my monthly bill with 3 friends.

H.E. Pennypacker
10-04-2009, 05:47 AM
fyi starchoice is now shaw direct.

Shawn
10-10-2009, 12:08 AM
From my understanding the one big difference between Shaw Direct (aka Star Choice) and Bell is that Bell is only 720P and Star choice is 1080I. From what I hear sports fans generally like Shaw more. Also another issue is right now Shaw's hd boxes have a bunch of issues with them and from what I read they will be releasing new boxes in the spring. They did just release some firmware upgrades I believe that fixed some of the issues with the current boxes...

Peety
10-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Nfusion Phoenix and other similar makes/models are receivers that share channels from Bell and Dish Network subscribed receivers through an offshore server, you get only the channels that they pay for.
Seeing as they haven't been able to hack the new Nagra3 cards to date this is the only available method to stick it to Bell and Dish Network and get free TV. It needs a constant connection to the internet to function, some people think that their IP addresses can be traced by using one of these so It's entirely up to the user to decide if that is a concern for them.

PM me .I have a question ..

NewCasa
10-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Nfusion Phoenix and other similar makes/models are receivers that share channels from Bell and Dish Network subscribed receivers through an offshore server, you get only the channels that they pay for.
Seeing as they haven't been able to hack the new Nagra3 cards to date this is the only available method to stick it to Bell and Dish Network and get free TV. It needs a constant connection to the internet to function, some people think that their IP addresses can be traced by using one of these so It's entirely up to the user to decide if that is a concern for them.

Yes pm me too please.