PDA

View Full Version : need some advice.. **** TMI warning!!! ****

Giggle Squirt
08-30-2009, 11:31 PM
For about the past 3 weeks now I have been having horriable horriable horriable abdominal pains in the right upper area like under my ribs that some times radiate into my back almost everytime I eat. I get horriable runs and honestly the pain some times it lasts from an hour to 10 hours. I have went down to emerge a few times becasuse the pain has been so horriable, but becasue I tell them I have cramping and such they send me up to labour and maternity even though I am clearly not in labour. Honestly I would rather be in labour then deal with this pain. Then the docs up their have no idea what to do with me becasue they deal with delivering babies. So I am so very frustrated. My reg doc has been on holidays and is back tomorrow. I am going to try to get in tomorrow but I don't know if I can or not. I am now scared to eat because of the pain that comes after I eat and have basically limited myself to broths and like mashed potatoes and just plain toast and such. I have tried everything for the pain that I can take due to pregnancy and the last time I went in they gave me a shot of morphine that helped a bit until I ate again. I am desperate right now. I have never been actually tested for anything the past few times I have been in the hospital. They just tested my iron and such. They have been trying to pass it off as the flu. This is not the flu. I do get nausiated sometimes after I eat and sometimes I get bad gas, but that i can deal with. I just can't deal with the abdominal pain.

SquiggleGiggles
08-31-2009, 12:08 AM
I would get that checked ASAP

mags
08-31-2009, 07:57 AM
Call your Dr today! Eat toast and what you know doesn't bother you. The cause of your pain and discomfort can likely be managed easily once the cause is understood.
good luck!

Intangible
08-31-2009, 08:19 AM
Sounds like gall bladder attacks to me.

Luv'inLife
08-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Sounds like gall bladder attacks to me.

yep, gallbladder...eat low fat bland, and make a Dr.'s appt.

Giggle Squirt
08-31-2009, 10:24 AM
well i got in today to see my doc. do gallbladder attacks really just come out of the blue like that? i just hope that they can do something about it. it hurts like hell.

Amaranth
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Gallbladder attacks can just come out of the blue like that. My first attacks were when I was 21 and pregnant. Everytime I went to the ER I received similar treatment so when my doctor was available I saw her and she sent me to a surgeon. They wanted to remove my gallbladder while I was pregnant because a stone was stuck and it caused me to become jaundiced. I refused (probably a stupid decision on my part but my baby was already at risk for many things as it was) and didn't have my gallbladder removed until I was 33.

Regardless of what it might be I hope your family doctor figures it out for you!

Tutones
08-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Yup, sounds like gallbladder. I started having attacks right after my second child was born and I just had mine out last fall...Avoid fatty foods and raw veggies and you should feel a bit better. Everyone forgets to mention the raw veggies... that is what always caused my worst attacks. :( Good luck to you! (both for the baby and your gall bladder)

Giggle Squirt
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Yes so I went today and I have to wait 2 weeks before I can get in to get an ultrasound to check for stones, but they think it is my gallbladder. :( And to make everything better I have been craving fried chicken for like 2 weeks now and that is what hubby decides to get for supper tonight. I have already lost about 1/2 the weight I put on during the pregnancy in about a month so I am a bit scared to go on a no fat diet with little room for anything. And thanks for mentioning the raw veggies. I was just about to sit down with a veggie plate and snack. I think I will boil them first maybe? UGH :(

Intangible
08-31-2009, 08:52 PM
I have had a child, and I think gall bladder attacks hurt worse than labour, LOL. They come on all of a sudden and the pain is just non-stop, intense...and no position gives you any relief. Mine got worse each time I had one. They were less frequent at first, then got more and more frequent until I had it out. The only thing that worked to relieve the pain was Percocet, which clearly you can't take pregnant. I sympathize with you!

SquiggleGiggles
08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
gall stonesor kidney

kitty&mimi
09-09-2009, 09:04 AM
i hope it's not kidney stones!
apparently they're worse than gallbladder attacks
when i was prego i had no problems whatsoever with my gallbladder, never an attack just before pregnancy and after....weird eh
how have u been doing anyway?

Butterfly~Kisses
09-09-2009, 09:55 AM
when I was pregnant my gallblader attacks started when I was 4 months pregnant and lasted till I had her, nothing since then. I have no issuse since delivery besides popping out an almost 10 pound baby. You could also ask to be checked for diverticalitis some of the same issuse you get with gallblader you get with that as I quickly found out. I had no noticeable triggers for my attacks, so you just need to eat small amounts of food till you do know what causes your attacks

Giggle Squirt
09-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Ya it does suck. They gave me some meds to take. It is a powder i mix in with orange juice and it is like drinking chalky jello. YUMMY!!! I just want to go and indulge in a greasy plate of goodness. oh well only 29 more days to go!!!

Super Gram
09-18-2009, 07:48 AM
When I had my first baby back in 1960 lol....I was so sick to my stomach and throwing up....then the gallbladder pain started. It don't seem to matter what you eat. I had to go to emerg 3 times and they gave me morphine to kill the pain. I could not have the operation back then until I had my baby. In those days when you had a gallbladder operation they cut you right across the stomach down to near the leg. I think I had 35 stitches and was in hospital for 14 days. You guys are lucky you are in the 2009....believe me.

BTW when I had my second baby....no sickness at all so I guess it was my gallbladder making me so sick.