PDA

View Full Version : Drinking and Driving

italiandomino
09-05-2009, 11:56 PM
So your thoughts on this.

If you knew your friend or family member was charged for Impaired driving, would you just accept it and it is ok because noone was hurt ?

or do you tell that person how stupid they are for putting other peoples lives in Danger.

just your thoughts folks.

Peety
09-06-2009, 12:02 AM
There are 4 people that drink and drive regulary,
They take the back roads and the police do nothing,
They have been in the ditches,
Ther are certain back roads that the drunks take and the police are fine with it..I guess it is who you know.

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:03 AM
removed by myself to reflect that i was not on topic

italiandomino
09-06-2009, 12:06 AM
I hope that friend doesnt kill one of your family members while your standing by him.

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:06 AM

Andre
09-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I know two guys that were charged with Impaired. I didn't have to say anything to them. They new how stupid they were.
One was pitched out is window about 50 ft. and hospitalized for a month. His passenger was killed.
The other one was thrown from his vehicle as it rolled down a ravine. They thought he was dead and started breathing again when the called for a body bag(or so he was told). He was also hospitalized for months.
So they learned the hard way how stupid it was. What matters to me is that they learned and have never driven drunk again.

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:08 AM

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Mistakes are only the result of carelessness and stupidity. Dont be stupid or careless and you wont mess up..

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I respond with cursing, cause that's how I feel. You are seriously irritating me tonight. And yes I stand by people who make mistakes. I think it DOES make me a good friend. I don't abandon people. Just because people do something stupid, doesn't make them a bad person. I am able to differentiate the behaviour from the person. Abandoning someone for doing something stupid doesn't make a change, or make a difference. Standing by someone and saying I love you and you can do better than this, it what I consider to be My better choice. Say all you want...I will not think otherwise. I am 40 yrs old and have already got my value system well in place. Love, not judgement, is my choice.

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Mistakes are only the result of carelessness and stupidity. Dont be stupid or careless and you wont mess up..

Says the people of the world who make NO mistakes......please. None of us is immuned to careless errors. It happens. Watch who you agree with 6th. There but for the grace of god go i.

No one is safe from error. We are human.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Says the people of the world who make NO mistakes......please. None of us is immuned to careless errors. It happens. Watch who you agree with 6th. There but for the grace of god go i.

Sure thing, Its a two way street!!

italiandomino
09-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I respond with cursing, cause that's how I feel. You are seriously irritating me tonight. And yes I stand by people who make mistakes. I think it DOES make me a good friend. I don't abandon people. Just because people do something stupid, doesn't make them a bad person. I am able to differentiate the behaviour from the person. Abandoning someone for doing something stupid doesn't make a change, or make a difference. Standing by someone and saying I love you and you can do better than this, it what I consider to be My better choice. Say all you want...I will not think otherwise. I am 40 yrs old and have already got my value system well in place. Love, not judgement, is my choice.

well i dont need to respond with cursing and swearing, i am better then that. but if you want to stand behind a drunk driver, that is your choice. When that drunk driver kills someone, i cant wait to see what you have to say for them.

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Good night ID. I have said all I'm going to say.

riggs
09-06-2009, 12:26 AM

We will all error several times in our life.Some errors will be more dramatic and devastating than others.None the less, no one is above it because we are nowhere near perfect.

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:31 AM

italiandomino
09-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Good night ID. I have said all I'm going to say.

good night sweet dreams :)

SquiggleGiggles
09-06-2009, 12:34 AM
ID, mistakes are mistakes im sure you noty perfect either

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:34 AM
ID...I hope I will. You too. No hard feelings. I think we are always going to butt heads, but that's what makes life interesting.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Thats because he is right all the time lol

SquiggleGiggles
09-06-2009, 12:38 AM

Well, He is totally wrong with his blind internet bbs assumptions about me :tongue:

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Well, He is totally wrong with his blind internet bbs assumptions about me :tongue:
Whatever you say Mooch

SquiggleGiggles
09-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Whatever you say Mooch

:shade:

DM46
09-06-2009, 01:41 AM
I won't lie, I got a DUI about 2 1/2 years ago. I was 17 with my big 4x4 truck, and thought i was good to drive home. Two of Sault Ste. Marie's finest pulled me over. I passed the field sobriety test but failed the breathalyzer. Now, 2 1/2 years later I finally got my license back a few weeks ago, and total cost was almost $5000. I lost all my independence when I lost my license. I needed to find a ride to go anywhere... It really sucked.. Not something I'm going to be trying again to say the least.

DM46
09-06-2009, 01:44 AM
And not to mention, I called my insurance company last week to get a quote on insurance for a 19 year old beater 4x4, $475 a month for PLPD.

dancingqueen
09-06-2009, 01:55 AM
Well, I am still friends with people that have made some pretty big mistakes.
I won't condone their behavior, but I will still be there for them, they are, after all, my friends.

SquiggleGiggles
09-06-2009, 02:20 AM
I won't lie, I got a DUI about 2 1/2 years ago. I was 17 with my big 4x4 truck, and thought i was good to drive home. Two of Sault Ste. Marie's finest pulled me over. I passed the field sobriety test but failed the breathalyzer. Now, 2 1/2 years later I finally got my license back a few weeks ago, and total cost was almost $5000. I lost all my independence when I lost my license. I needed to find a ride to go anywhere... It really sucked.. Not something I'm going to be trying again to say the least.

Me too, but to me it was definitely an eye opener after taking the rehab course. You see the possibilities in a different light, to me its more of a learning process
To do such a deed you need to be in a certain frame of mind then how you are after you realize it, I am not perfect and this was one of my faults. Good thing the outcome didnt involve anyone else is what Im thankfull for, now I rarely drink and if I do I walk or cab it. This was such big price to pay still and im still wiaiting to get my Licence back!!! Now All i have to do is face the high insurance costs, as the other hurdles are out of the way.

The way i figure, drinking and driving is like Russian Roulette... only some get caught and when you do you can come out of it alive most times but there is the times when you come out dead

gouligann
09-06-2009, 06:55 AM
To answer your question ID, NO, it is NOT ok. We have a family member who has been charged with DUI a couple of times, and believe me we love him, but hate the alcoholism.
Standing by him in love, and supporting his drinking habits (enabling) are two different things.

mags
09-06-2009, 08:10 AM
No I would not abandon family member who was charged with impaired driving. But I would talk to them about it. I would definitely say if you get into an accident. I want you and you alone to die or be injured! I would have to consider how good a friend a person was before giving them a second chance! Love the sinner hate the sin could apply.
Sure we all make mistakes but some mistakes are greater than others and cannot be either forgotten or forgiven! Charged with a DUI, I wouldn’t automatically abandon someone, impaired and killed or injured someone I would and have cut that person out of my life. A very close family member might be different.
Some mistakes or actions are inexcusable! Impaired driving doesn't automatically get you kicked to the curb. Beating a spouse, your kids would or committing a murder would. Being a pedophile does!

Igor
09-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Italiandomino! Do you have children? If so, if one of your children makes a mistake, you will abandon him/her? Explain! Are you married? What if your, whatever, made a mistake?

I hope someone that is in your family or someone you truly love is never is any such situation.

SIMBA
09-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Lets see...if someone killed your child, mother or whatever as a result of drunk driving and it was someone close to you who did this, I would love to see if some of your opinions are still the same OR how loyal you are to that individual!!!!!

Drunk driving is a choice! If someone is killed as a result of that it goes beyond a mistake!! It is pure stupidity!

Luv'inLife
09-06-2009, 10:46 AM
well I lived with the A-Hole I.D speaks of and he didn't make "A" mistake, he dui's almost daily, his only solution is treatment, he is aware of what he is doing and chooses to do it anyway, and IMO when you are drunk but still are in sound mind enough to think about what route you will take so you don't get caught, you an A-hole, he will do it again and he better hope its not someone child he hits instead of just curb jumping!!

Lance1
09-06-2009, 10:49 AM
There is a hundred cars at the Canadian Hotle every Thurday night,90% of them drive home drunk .does it not take just 3 beers nowadays to be considered drunk or one drink after the new law. If I hated everyone who drank and drove I would have no one to talk to.LOL

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-06-2009, 10:51 AM
well I lived with the A-Hole I.D speaks of and he didn't make "A" mistake, he dui's almost daily, his only solution is treatment, he is aware of what he is doing and chooses to do it anyway, and IMO when you are drunk but still are in sound mind enough to think about what route you will take so you don't get caught, you an A-hole, he will do it again and he better hope its not someone child he hits instead of just curb jumping!!

Doing this daily does not fall under the definition of MISTAKE!!

09-06-2009, 10:58 AM
This thread isnt about "mistakes or bad decisions" in general. It's specifically about drinking and driving.

My brother was ran over by a drunk driver (He's still alive), so I have no sympathy for those weak people.

Like I mentioned before, I had a rough childhood myself, and it doesn't drive me to drink. Am I perfect because of it? No!, but it's no excuse.

If you drink and drive, you should be put right in the middle of a croweded field of people drinking and driving, so you can see the danger.

So, I will take my high and mightiness and snub off drunk drivers. Because untill you have a little brother that was ran over by a previously convicted DUI moron, or have a good friends mother taken out by drunk driver, you don't have a say.

To answer the original post, in order to be drunk and driving, you have to start off sober. In that sober state, you should make arranges for a ride home before you start drinking, if you don't you are irresponsible and a IDIOT!!!

09-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I wasn't just talking about DUI....all manners of mistakes....I am a loyal friend and family member. I don't just write people off because they make bad decisions. In my family I have pedophiles and drunks....I still say hello to them. I don't hold myself above people because they make different choices than me.

Thread is about drinking and driving, not all manners of mistakes :)

everywoman
09-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Ok well, I still know people who drink and drive(quite a few in fact) and I still haven't cut them out of my life. Satisfied?

Light_Keeper
09-06-2009, 12:08 PM
To whom ever wrote about still taking to a pedifile, and allowing them to remain in your life. ARE you completely nuts. You put children around you at an exttremely high risk of being RAPPED by your friend.

Jack Butler
09-06-2009, 12:10 PM

...don't think your opinion counts here, The!
What a hilarious debate....
No one has yet to condone it, so.......
.....you can get off your soapbox any time now there It.!

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:27 PM
To whom ever wrote about still taking to a pedifile, and allowing them to remain in your life. ARE you completely nuts. You put children around you at an exttremely high risk of being RAPPED by your friend.

It was me who said it. I didn't say I hang out with them, I said there was one in the family. I should amend it to say that there was rumour of one being the family. And I didn't hang out with him or bring my son around him. But I also didn't shun him. I'm not completely nuts. He was far removed from my life, but if I ran into him in the mall, I wouldn't run the other way. If he said hello, I would say hello.

09-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Was this pedophile ever convicted? Why isn't he/she in jail? If not, should you do something to make sure they are in jail?

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:42 PM
He's dead.

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:43 PM
And like I said, it was a rumour. Not found to be true.

09-06-2009, 12:45 PM
If it's not proven, then he didn't do it.

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Exactly.

everywoman
09-06-2009, 12:56 PM
But anyway, I was just trying to make a point that was off topic anyway....

09-06-2009, 12:56 PM
This one girl in Gr 4 was running around with rolled up posters on her boobs (Pretending to be Madonna), and stuck them in my face. I swatted them away (In Gr. 4 boobies are icky), and I almost got suspended for touching boobies. Got the strap, and was sent home lol

italiandomino
09-06-2009, 03:56 PM

so sounds like boozin and cruisin is a habit for this said person eh

italiandomino
09-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Italiandomino! Do you have children? If so, if one of your children makes a mistake, you will abandon him/her? Explain! Are you married? What if your, whatever, made a mistake?

I hope someone that is in your family or someone you truly love is never is any such situation.

I do have a daughter who is turning 1 in a few weeks, and she will be taught that drinking and driving is for idiots. both myself and Aggy dont drink and drive, and never will. Either will my daughter :)

I have 5 brothers, none of them drink and drive, noone have ever been in trouble with the police.

09-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Why do people keep saying drinking and driving is a mistake? It's not even close to being a mistake.

A mistake is something that is usually done accidentally. Purposely drinking then driving is no accident. A mistake is when said persons parents didn't use birth control.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-06-2009, 04:59 PM
...don't think your opinion counts here, The!
What a hilarious debate....
No one has yet to condone it, so.......
.....you can get off your soapbox any time now there It.!

Go tell your boyfriend what to do lol. Nice try though...

09-06-2009, 05:01 PM
You'd have to be a lil'brat to think you have the right to drink and drive, case closed!

axalon2003
09-06-2009, 05:13 PM
I have had people in my family, and had friends that were nailed for DUI. I didn't feel any misgivings about telling them exactly how stupid I thought what they did was.

Igor
09-06-2009, 06:08 PM
I do have a daughter who is turning 1 in a few weeks, and she will be taught that drinking and driving is for idiots. both myself and Aggy dont drink and drive, and never will. Either will my daughter :)

I have 5 brothers, none of them drink and drive, noone have ever been in trouble with the police.

Good for you! I am so proud of you and your brothers! But to say your daughter will not drink and drive, right now, is a little premature. I hope she never does. I hope she never gets into any kind of trouble, but guess what? Things happen. We try to teach our children well and hope for the best. Our children are human and they do make bad decisions. You don't know what is in store for you in the next 15 plus years! Good luck!

GRUMPY
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
very true

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Drinking and driving is not a mistake. Everyone knows its wrong when they get it the car and drive. The mistake is thinking nothing bad will happen.

Luv'inLife
09-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I think the issue is more about those who do it regularily and the idiots that stick up for/defend them.

italiandomino
09-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Drinking and driving is stupid. I'd be lying if I said I'd never done it and I'm sure many who read this have too. Most of us get lucky and nothing bad happens before we realize just how stupid it is.

Now if you know someone who's been charged they probably already know how stupid they are. It doesn't hurt to remind them though. Disowning them, to each their own I guess.

does this mean you no longer drink and drive ?

Macs II
09-06-2009, 09:32 PM
I used to drink and drive for years ....got stopped couple of times ...but back then no one cared ....cops would just tell me to go straight home lol ......this was over 20 years ago and I have not done it since then and never will

Peety
09-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I used to drink and drive for years ....got stopped couple of times ...but back then no one cared ....cops would just tell me to go straight home lol ......this was over 20 years ago and I have not done it since then and never will

The good ole days...:tongue:

Macs II
09-06-2009, 09:37 PM

yeah ...you just did what everyone else did lol

WingNut
09-06-2009, 09:41 PM

Yep, the good old days for sure! I think most people in all honestly have driven under the influence at least once!

Luv'inLife
09-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Yep, the good old days for sure! I think most people in all honestly have driven under the influence at least once!

once yes, repeatedly on a regular basis...no!

kodak57
09-06-2009, 09:46 PM
So your thoughts on this.

If you knew your friend or family member was charged for Impaired driving, would you just accept it and it is ok because noone was hurt ?

or do you tell that person how stupid they are for putting other peoples lives in Danger.

just your thoughts folks.

what kind of stupid post is this?all you are trying to do is stir the soonet pot,not all dunk drivers kill people. in fact most of them get away with it it only a very few that get caught.

GRUMPY
09-06-2009, 09:54 PM
its called maturity and learning from ones mistakes. it is something that only happens to those other people and never will happen to you,till it does.

verotik66
09-06-2009, 10:13 PM
ima drinkin now ima goin drivin

GRUMPY
09-06-2009, 10:19 PM
go for it as I'm in for the night.

09-06-2009, 10:24 PM
ima drinkin now ima goin drivin

Only thing better than that, is for you to mow your own family member down. Watch them in ICU for 3 weeks in a coma, missing half their skull.

GRUMPY
09-06-2009, 10:27 PM
speaking of drama queens

09-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Speaking obsession.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-07-2009, 12:35 AM
what kind of stupid post is this?all you are trying to do is stir the soonet pot,not all dunk drivers kill people. in fact most of them get away with it it only a very few that get caught.

You just raised the bar for stupid posts lol. Not all drunk drivers kill and not all of them get caught? Does that make them less incriminating? The fact of the matter is that your driving skills are diminished when you are intoxicated...

09-07-2009, 09:30 AM
ARE YOU SERIOUS? LOL Not all drunk drivers kill people, so it's ok! LOL Wow, Spoken like a true drunk driver.

KDawg
09-07-2009, 10:02 AM
I think what kodak was saying is that the guy who downs a 26er, drives home at 80 mph, and smashes his car into the the side of a house, killing the occupant who was sitting on the couch, is not in the same category as the guy who goes to his local watering hole after work for a couple of beers and is unlucky enough to get pinched in a ride program.

wiener
09-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Drink after work, LOL!!!!! That's a good one!

wiener
09-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Because most alcoholics don't work.

wiener
09-07-2009, 11:00 AM
I have my own world?

09-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Yes, the World of Warcraft

wiener
09-07-2009, 11:08 AM
that game is for dweebs

italiandomino
09-07-2009, 11:24 AM

talk about stupid posts ... this is the stupid one of the year.

so it is ok to drink and drive as long as you dont kill anyone .... is that what your trying to say to everyone ???

I can only assume you have a habit of drinking and driving.

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-07-2009, 11:39 AM

Hilarious that he started this post with 'what kind of stupid post is this?'. I'm going to play russian roulette now because more times than not, I won't die.

kodak57
09-07-2009, 01:09 PM
talk about stupid posts ... this is the stupid one of the year.

so it is ok to drink and drive as long as you dont kill anyone .... is that what your trying to say to everyone ???

I can only assume you have a habit of drinking and driving.
you seem to hit benny hills meaning of assume, oh where does it say in my post."its ok to drink and drive".

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Read your post again and maybe you should stop posting when you are drunk..

italiandomino
09-07-2009, 03:32 PM
you seem to hit benny hills meaning of assume, oh where does it say in my post."its ok to drink and drive".

keep reading your stupid post over and over again. And maybe you will get it.

kodak57
09-07-2009, 04:37 PM
maybe i can only read french.cuz in my post it says nothing about drinking and driving being ok........it only says what is true.....there are alot of legally impaired drivers on the road,drive by any bar see the vehicles,then at closing time lots are empty. The fact is.....most drunk or impaired drivers get away with it!.oh and btw...anyone that knows me knows i dont drink and drive, and i know alot of people.As for ac/dc guy.....ah never mind your not worth the effort......you i know....

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for trying though!!

italiandomino
09-07-2009, 09:13 PM

it was a nice try .. but a complete FAIL

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-07-2009, 09:14 PM

Ah well, some will live and learn, some dont lol

Jack Butler
09-08-2009, 08:05 AM

Ah well, some will live and learn, some dont lol

It cute when you guys post like that....kinda a Mutt and Jeff thing.
Is he your hero.....cause he's so big and strong?

GRUMPY
09-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Actually what he wrote is quite accurate in that the only difference between the average drunk driver and the average driver is that the drunk got caught as almost everyone has done it at one time or another. I'm not saying its right just that most have at one time or another in their lives.

$Spendbender$
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM

haha!

I was just thinking the same thing.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Its cute when you obsess over others. Go back in your cave you cave man lol

GRUMPY
09-08-2009, 07:25 PM

I think it might be a bit more Bevis and Butthead

Jack Butler
09-08-2009, 07:46 PM
haha!

I was just thinking the same thing.

I think it might be a bit more Bevis and Butthead

No obsession...just an observation.
....and, apparently a good one...he, he!
Survey says........you lose.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-08-2009, 07:50 PM
No obsession...just an observation.
....and, apparently a good one...he, he!
Survey says........you lose.

Because of your warped mind? lol. Dont post drunk

italiandomino
09-08-2009, 07:58 PM
I think we walked into a segment of Grumpy old men

one that gets a erection and the other that cant no matter how hard he tries

you two can fight over which is which

italiandomino
09-08-2009, 07:59 PM

i am afraid that you said we are cute ... now your acting like a lush

remember Ol' Man .. your noone's type

Jack Butler
09-08-2009, 08:11 PM
I think we walked into a segment of Grumpy old men

Come on It., we told you, it's Mutt and Jeff or Bevis and Butthead!
Listen up buttercup!
....someone talkin when they should be listenin....you lose!
Thing about is, you don't even know.
How did Forest say again?
......oh ya, ______ is as ______ does.
You fill in the blanks...if you can?

Peety
09-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Listen up buttercup!

LoL @ buttercup..

Slow
09-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Listen up buttercup!

If Soonet had a breathalyzer, Jack wouldn't have been able to post the last two days.

My goodness, man...

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-08-2009, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWCBghizQUs

italiandomino
09-08-2009, 09:13 PM
If Soonet had a breathalyzer, Jack wouldn't have been able to post the last two days.

My goodness, man...

he is stealing all the good material from the other Grumpy old man

09-08-2009, 09:49 PM
It's Beavis and Butthead.