PDA

View Full Version : how's school?

bluekrissyspikes
09-10-2009, 12:48 AM
so, for those of us with kids, especially the ones starting in jk, how are things going for them? even if you are starting back to school as an adult, how's it going?
my step-son just started his first year of jk and he's off to a rough start. i have to say i was very concerned about sending him to etienne brule but the school has been great with him. the first day of school he was being a complete terror and they had to take him out of class. he has an ea who works with him and they made sure that he had that in place right away. right now he is only allowed to go an hour a day because it will be too overwelming for him, they said(i think they were more overwhelmed by him than he was though) the school has been very supportive and the teacher makes time to talk with me daily to discuss his time there. i am looking forward to him going for the whole half-day. the school is also helping with some of his behaviour problems and they figured out that he does much better if he has a big kid to copy so he has a 'buddy' that comes to help him get ready to go into class and remind him of rules. i've heard so many bad things and seen so many people have trouble getting help for their special needs children from the schools. i am quite impressed so far with what they've put in place for him other than him not being able to be there for the full time. if he does okay for the next little bit though, they will increase his time.

Peety
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Mine loves it!..7:35 is way to early to catch a bus..

icecapp
09-10-2009, 09:34 AM
my little one loves it, of course the middle one brought home a cold now the little one has it... but he loves it!!

I can actually say I am lost with out them here in the am's but am getting alot done on a lengthly project that will be completed with in the next month 1/2

bluekrissyspikes
09-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Mine loves it!..7:35 is way to early to catch a bus..

yes, it is.

my little one loves it, of course the middle one brought home a cold now the little one has it... but he loves it!!

I can actually say I am lost with out them here in the am's but am getting alot done on a lengthly project that will be completed with in the next month 1/2

good, except the cold part. it's nice to have a bit of time to get stuff done.

Xzavia
09-10-2009, 10:12 AM
My oldest just started High School and loves it! He's seeing so many people he hasn't seen in years, he loves the fact that he's not stuck in one class for the whole day and can get up and walk tot he next one. He likes his teachers, we met them last night and they seem to really nice. We were worried but after talking to the teachers last night they have programs in place to help kids now if they need it, and they seem very supportive of the kids.

My younger son is in grade 8 this year, couple of issues already but hopefully we've got them resolved. Otherwise he really likes the new teacher he's got, he just can't wait to hit highschool next year! (He really liked the lunchroom we sat in last night at highschool....what a kid!!) LOL...

My daughter is in Grade 2 already and loving it. She has the same teacher she had last year and she really likes her as well.

Give' em a couple weeks when the workload kicks in and we'll see if they are all smiles and fairy dust farts then! ;-)

Punkin
09-10-2009, 10:31 AM
My 3rd started JK this year and I still have 1 at home.. she loves school! She almost cried Friday when she found out there was no school & all weekend she asked how many more sleeps until school!!

Some days I wish I was home to enjoy the quiet, but work gets in the way!! Have to book vacation days now LOL

Blue, I'm glad you're getting the help needed from Etienne Brule that you need!!

CANDY_74
09-11-2009, 03:31 PM
My kids love being back at school! And of course I do to...lol..

My oldest is in grade 10 at Korah, and my other 2 are in Grade and SK