PDA

View Full Version : Polaris owners beware.

Lance1
09-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I needed a needed Rad fan for my Sportman 500 ATV and was quoted $320! $360 after taxes!

Well my my new $ 88 (Total even after shipping and curency exchange) made in Italy Spal built fan (Spal make the fans for Polaris) came in from E bay and I installed it and its that EXACT same fan as the old Polaris OEM fan,even the model number (VAO7-AP12/C0),stickers,and print ,everything just a straight bolt on to change them. I felt like driving down to them and throwing the new fan on there counter with the bill of sale and asking whats up with this.

I thought maybe the new fan was some sort of knock off copy but is was the same fan which just made me steam.

Jack Butler
09-13-2009, 02:24 PM
That's good you found such a deal.
Don't think for a second that the dealer can do that.
The difference is not dealer mark up, I doubt if they can buy them that cheap.
The Dealer can't go anywhere but the manufacturer for their warranty or replacement parts.
Don't rub it in the dealers face, just know it, and use it in the future.
.....you may need them some day.
I've had a dealer tell me to shop online, as he was sure that I would do better.
I did...by a long shot....just like you.
So....they already know!

DM46
09-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Listen to Jack on this one. Many times I have bought parts cheaper online, but there is still many times that I need to go see the boys at RiverCity Because they are the only ones that have the part. Its wise not to burn your bridge before you even need to cross it.

Lance1
09-14-2009, 02:06 AM
RiverCity Has treated me good on other stuff,maybe 20% more then online but you get your part fast because they seem to have lots in stock. but 350% mark up should be "shame on you'.

Jack Butler
09-14-2009, 09:30 AM
It's not mark up, Lance.
And it's not shame on them.
Do not rub it in their face.
...the satisfaction you feel over saving that money wouldn't be equal to how far down the dealers customer list you will slide.
Bringing it to their attention, proves nothing.
Everybody knows you can do better on most things online.
.......let it go...just...let it go!

bowtie
09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
This is nothing new.

they quoted me $250 for a brake caliper for my sportsman.

which i found on ebay for $50.

its not their fault, thats what they go for from every dealer.

there is still lots i will buy from them....

big deal, its called being a smart shopper.