PDA

View Full Version : What level of education do you have?

pickles for sale
09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Do you have:
Elementary
Some highschool
Highschool
Some college
College
Some university
University

09-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Some elementary, a few years of gr. 9 and some co-op. j/k

I have college.

Santana
09-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Elementary, high school and college.

dancingqueen
09-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Elementary school, High school, college and some university.
I think we will see quite a number of highly educated people here. That is something I noticed a lot of people have here in the Sault.

pickles for sale
09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Dancing Queen....surely you jest....I almost sprayed coffee out my nose....

I think we will see quite a number of highly educated people here. That is something I noticed a lot of people have here in the Sault.

Thanks for the laugh....:laughm:

dancingqueen
09-14-2009, 08:04 PM
we will see.
Now just because someone is educated does not mean they are smart...

09-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Good Will Hunting : "So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy."

dancingqueen
09-14-2009, 08:22 PM
huh?

Jack Butler
09-14-2009, 08:25 PM
....it's from the movie.

09-14-2009, 08:29 PM
It compliments your "Just because your educated, doesn't mean your smart"

You can read everything you can about the sistene chapple, but can you tell us what it smells like? Or seen it from the ground floor looking up?

Only till then you can say you're smart. (If you're not smart enough to realize that I'm not JUST talking about the sistene chapple, then you are proving my point).

dancingqueen
09-14-2009, 08:30 PM
I gotcha... I was confused for a sec :p

09-14-2009, 08:34 PM
It's ok, i was bending over. It happens.

Anapeg
09-14-2009, 10:50 PM
I have the equivalent of grade 12,................ 6 years in grade 2.

bluekrissyspikes
09-14-2009, 10:56 PM
I have the equivalent of grade 12,................ 6 years in grade 2.

lol...

i have a college education.
i skipped highschool though. i just wrote the equivalency exam in order to get into college. i quit highschool in grade 10 to stay home with my daughter. and NO i wasn't on welfare. her dad looked after us moneywise.
i am planning to go back to college in the next couple years.

Tutones
09-14-2009, 10:59 PM
I've been in highschool for the last 12 years ;)

Andre
09-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Elementary School
High School
College
some University
various courses and classes

Strife
09-14-2009, 11:36 PM
I have a PHD in sarcasm. Does that count?

Barney Rubble
09-14-2009, 11:41 PM
My school was so tough the school newspaper had an obituary section!
:)

Peety
09-14-2009, 11:41 PM
I have a PHD in sarcasm. Does that count?

Yes it does,,

Strife
09-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Yes it does,,

Awesome! I knew years of being an @ss would pay off sooner or later

everywoman
09-14-2009, 11:46 PM
3 yrs. post secondary that has afforded my a lovely life-style, and some good common-sense/text book knowledge.

TheManInBlack
09-15-2009, 12:15 AM
College first for fun then I got serious. But now doing nothing that had to do with either courses I took

ProfessorZed
09-15-2009, 12:40 AM
University, plus a graduate degree.

Would you like fries with that?

everywoman
09-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Large please!!

b&aMom
09-15-2009, 06:27 AM
University, plus a graduate degree.

Would you like fries with that?

LOL

That's why I have a year of college, and only two years of university. Finally figured out that the year of college was of more job value than the two in university. Why continue to increase the debt?

(but I've never served fries ; )

sdp_86
09-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Elementary, High School and a College apprenticeship in Cabinetmaking

Koss
09-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Hard Knocks

Barry Morris
09-15-2009, 10:20 AM
My school was so tough the school newspaper had an obituary section!
:)

Dang, that IS tough!!!

High school, the best 8 years of MY life!!!

Barry Morris
09-15-2009, 10:21 AM
LOL

That's why I have a year of college, and only two years of university. Finally figured out that the year of college was of more job value than the two in university. Why continue to increase the debt?

(but I've never served fries ; )

Ya know what they say:

"A" students teach. "B" students work for the "C" students.

b&aMom
09-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Damn! All that hard work...I should have been a C student. LOL

ezrockjws
09-15-2009, 10:24 AM
I hold a Certificate in Business from Laurentian University through what was at the time Algoma University College.

SWRKR 01
09-15-2009, 10:27 AM
And those that can; do, those that can't; teach. Formal education is a piece of paper that tells others you should have the knowledge. I know many people, far less educated than myself, that work in this field and are far superior in their abilities....

09-15-2009, 10:28 AM
2 yr tech diploma from the college, 1/2 my 3rd year, course is no longer offered here...

And as a result?
I'm driving a cab.

lynys
09-15-2009, 10:30 AM
The world needs people to drive them, you know. ;)

As for me, I have a phD in life. :)

b&aMom
09-15-2009, 10:51 AM
I'd rather have a smart person driving a cab, than a not-so-smart person.

Actually, I worked for a cab company in the 80s. I found MOST drivers at night (when I worked) were quite intelligent, whether formally educated or not.

Suze
09-15-2009, 12:41 PM
High School, College Diploma and University Degree

Giggle Squirt
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
2 diplomas and I am now a sahm.. :( I have some very expensive pieces of paper on my wall. And a very expensive book collection on my book shelf.

SWRKR 01
09-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Time spent with your children is never wasted. There will be lots of time to use the education.

b&aMom
09-15-2009, 01:38 PM
2 diplomas and I am now a sahm.. :( I have some very expensive pieces of paper on my wall. And a very expensive book collection on my book shelf.

That very expensive book collection is interesting, and can be the source of much joy, or dismay, from your kids when you pull them out. LOL

One of my daughters has spent many hours pouring over my 2000 pound text I had to carry back and forth to school for Art History. She's also shown a bit of interest in the Servants of Satan text I have for the Witchcraft and Folklore history course I took. The other one, sadly, is only interested in my S.M. Stirling sci-fi books, and my doomer fiction, like Alas, Babylon. : )

gouligann
09-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Post secondary and am now getting an education from some of the fine members of Soonet on how to treat people, how to use intelligence and kindness when I disagree with someone, how to get along with people in general. Oh, I forgot... to brush up on my spelling and grammar edjacashion.

Seraph
09-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Good Will Hunting : "So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy."

I LOVE THIS MOVIE - and that line.

Thank you!

Myself, I got kicked out of class in elementary school many times. I was in the gifted program and did not listen to teachers.

I slept through high-school, missed most of my classes or dropped out of them and still graduated with good marks because I aced most of my exams.

I looked into college and figured that it was a waste of time and money.

Went to Europe, traveled, went down south.
Picked up every book I could. Started doing applied scientific experiments in the fields of Physics, Chemistry, Psychology (the most entertaining) and Biology.

My favorite topic in Physics was Chaos Theory. Because there is an unseen order in chaos. I quite enjoy thermodynamics because of the applications and the impossibility behind breaking the rules of thermodynamics, although it seems like they could be broken easily. All attempts have failed. I love it.

In Chemistry I have studied more to do with diatomic mineral isolation and that brings us to my biological experiments with the growth and development of rats, especially relating to the rate at which cancer cells are present in rats treated with a mineral solution that increases cellular mitosis.
I've found that there is a strong decrease in cancer cells with the rat I cared for who was diagnosed with cancer.
In personal studies I'm a trans-humanist and trying to figure out some solutions around electromagnetism and the control and focus of biological energy.
Psychology is by far the most entertaining, it was a career option but since I think working is for chumps, and would rather have time to study there's no way I'd sit through ten years of school to gain nothing from it more than I can learn myself.

School is a boring institution of mundane programing of information that is already known. Everything I learn is new and applicable to current life in working towards it's improvement.

That's just my scientific studies at a glance.

So yeah, I have my grade 12, some OAC's and I have a hard time talking to people because they're not interested in things that are as interesting as my books!

Karmael
09-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Elementary (French)
Highschool both French and English
College

starterwiz
09-15-2009, 11:27 PM
I gots me half my grade 12 (Grade 6), but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once!

Oscar_Leroy
09-15-2009, 11:59 PM

One of my favorite movies of all time. Love this quote, Robin Williams was great in this film.

Oscar_Leroy
09-16-2009, 12:01 AM
I have Elementary, High school, College, and am working towards my bachelors degree.

Even if you don't land the desired job right out of school, knowledge is power. It never hurts to learn more.

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Off topic, Good Will Hunting is awesome. On topic, 3 years university and counting. Maturity level of an elementary student.

Luv'inLife
09-16-2009, 12:38 AM
college and now more college.....

dancingqueen
09-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Maturity level of an elementary student.

I think you are giving yourself a little too much credibility :p
:kiss2:

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-16-2009, 12:59 AM
You're right DQ. I thought for sure I could fool the GED's

dancingqueen
09-16-2009, 01:02 AM
It's okay, I won't tell anyone. you're one of my favorites :)

Tansy
09-16-2009, 01:06 AM
I have highschool minus 2 credits. And just about every book I could get my greedy little hands on. (Not that books amout to much when you get down to it...)
Oh yeah, I said it. ;)

bluekrissyspikes
09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
You're right DQ. I thought for sure I could fool the GED's

there's nothing wrong with having a GED. why waste a bunch of time being bored out of your skull in a school full of immature teenagers that you find obnoxious when you can just write the test and get it over with in one day? i love learning but i hated highschool.

Scoff
09-16-2009, 09:35 AM
I LOVE THIS MOVIE - and that line.

Thank you!

Myself, I got kicked out of class in elementary school many times. I was in the gifted program and did not listen to teachers.

I slept through high-school, missed most of my classes or dropped out of them and still graduated with good marks because I aced most of my exams.

I looked into college and figured that it was a waste of time and money.

Went to Europe, traveled, went down south.
Picked up every book I could. Started doing applied scientific experiments in the fields of Physics, Chemistry, Psychology (the most entertaining) and Biology.

My favorite topic in Physics was Chaos Theory. Because there is an unseen order in chaos. I quite enjoy thermodynamics because of the applications and the impossibility behind breaking the rules of thermodynamics, although it seems like they could be broken easily. All attempts have failed. I love it.

In Chemistry I have studied more to do with diatomic mineral isolation and that brings us to my biological experiments with the growth and development of rats, especially relating to the rate at which cancer cells are present in rats treated with a mineral solution that increases cellular mitosis.
I've found that there is a strong decrease in cancer cells with the rat I cared for who was diagnosed with cancer.
In personal studies I'm a trans-humanist and trying to figure out some solutions around electromagnetism and the control and focus of biological energy.
Psychology is by far the most entertaining, it was a career option but since I think working is for chumps, and would rather have time to study there's no way I'd sit through ten years of school to gain nothing from it more than I can learn myself.

School is a boring institution of mundane programing of information that is already known. Everything I learn is new and applicable to current life in working towards it's improvement.

That's just my scientific studies at a glance.

So yeah, I have my grade 12, some OAC's and I have a hard time talking to people because they're not interested in things that are as interesting as my books!

I would've loved to see you say all that with a straight face. ;)

So what do you do for a living without that important piece of paper? Gifted child and all ...

I knew a gifted child once, he skipped a couple grades, when on to university & dropped out because he had a similar thought pattern about it all being a waste of time.

Last I heard he was cutting lawns seasonally.

School, waste of time? I hope you won the lottery or were born a fortunate son. You truly may be gifted as it sounds like you have a bit of a social disorder and real geniuses are always a bit eccentric and are usually socially inept.

Psychology is by far the most entertaining ...

Ahh, another Psych major who would end up jobless.

So did you get your big science job without that piece of paper or are you flipping burgers? (serious question)

Elsewhere, this was a good one:
I have highschool minus 2 credits.

Peety
09-16-2009, 09:36 AM
It's okay, I won't tell anyone. you're one of my favorites :)

Awee DQ you are so sweet..:star:

Xzavia
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
LOL!!!!

As for me...got me a grade 12 diploma, but I ain't done yet! Still hoping to go back at some point in time!:tongue:

dancingqueen
09-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Ahh, another Psych major who would end up jobless.

Ouch....

icecapp
09-16-2009, 12:45 PM
I have grade 12 and one college diploma that hangs and collects dust up on the wall.

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-16-2009, 01:41 PM
there's nothing wrong with having a GED. why waste a bunch of time being bored out of your skull in a school full of immature teenagers that you find obnoxious when you can just write the test and get it over with in one day? i love learning but i hated highschool.

I love GED's more than BA's, OAC's and PHD's.

4caster
09-16-2009, 02:24 PM
University...along with various accrediations in auditing, six sigma and project manangement.

basically I'll never stop going to school

Tutones
09-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I have grade 12 and one college diploma that hangs and collects dust up on the wall.

I've got a couple of University degrees in a box somewhere. Most expensive pieces of paper I own. Too bad they're not legal tender. :(

Bluesky
09-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Was it Mark Twain who said, "Don't let school get in the way of your education"?

Well, that was me. I dropped out of high school in grade XI. All boys class.. one of the worst social experiments that I have ever been forced to participate in. This was back in the day before guidance counsellors knew what their job entailed and bullies ruled.

Grabbed life by the nubbies two weeks before final exams in Gr XI, got a car, a job, an apartment at age 17, pulled my own weight for several years, THEN went back to College, Seminary and have been learning ever since....

dekedawg
09-16-2009, 08:33 PM
university -masters

Evangeline
09-16-2009, 09:14 PM
college-some graphic design, didn't finish because it wasn't worth it
and pre-health, going back for nursing next fall, would have went this fall but am due in January.

Krysta
09-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Kindergarden!

intuit
09-17-2009, 07:05 AM
4 yrs university (BBA), and it helped me get a job in a call centre. lol..someone on here had a good comment about college better preparing you then university, I'm beginning to think that. I would love to go back to school (college) and take a trade, say electrical or something like that. Just to dam old and have too many kids.

Amaranth
09-17-2009, 07:09 AM
I was too old with too many kids and decided to go to college lol. I thought I would be the oldest person in the class and I was worried about so many things but it was the best thing I ever did.

Bluesky
09-17-2009, 09:00 AM
A bachelor degree from university doesn't give you much these days. I think you need to get a Past grad degree to get into the good paying professions. Even then, there are plenty of masters degrees out there pounding the pavement.

But try and get an electrician or a carpenter these days. You have to wait for 6 months.

Chester Field
09-17-2009, 10:46 AM
A bachelor degree from university doesn't give you much these days.

I think of a degree or diploma as a license to look for work. Nothing guaranteed, but much easier than without.