PDA

View Full Version : Wishart Park

$Spendbender$
09-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I have a question.

Today a friend and I were discussing whether or not Wishart Park is a meeting place for ..um..people seeking clandestine meetings with those of the same sex.

Seems to me this rang a bell, I think I've heard this before, but not sure.

Settle the argument?

..and please keep it "G" people:tongue:

wiener
09-16-2009, 01:48 PM
It's a cruising spot for homosexuals. It's not a big secret.

TheManInBlack
09-16-2009, 01:49 PM
I've taken girls to the submarine races at bellvue park. But never heard of wishart park

NewAgeGal
09-16-2009, 01:50 PM
I thought drug dealers did a lot of business out there.

NewAgeGal
09-16-2009, 01:51 PM
I've taken girls to the submarine races at bellvue park. But never heard of wishart park

Wishart Park is up on Fourth Line between Great Northern Road and Old Garden River Road. Easy to miss...it's not very well signed.

TheManInBlack
09-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Ahhhhh I know where that is. I thought that park was for cross country skiing

GRUMPY
09-16-2009, 02:28 PM
go down there and flash your headlights and find out.

Driftwood
09-16-2009, 02:35 PM
I take my dog there to run sometimes. There are always dudes just sitting in their cars and I'm pretty sure I saw a biker shooting up there before. So I think it may be a meeting place for dudes seeking dudes and drug sales/use. I keep to myself while I'm there and I have my dog for protection, lol

GRUMPY
09-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Why don't you use the Red Pine route at Hiawatha instead? As it is always peaceful there and not that much further out to go to.

$Spendbender$
09-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I thought you weren't allowed to walk dogs on the trails at Hiawatha?

..or were you suggesting we use the Hiawatha trails for our drug dealing and homosexual trysts?

GRUMPY
09-16-2009, 02:58 PM
You aren't supposed to have your dog running free in the picnic area or by the beach however there is no trouble while you walk the ski trails.

$Spendbender$
09-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh, good to know.

I thought they had a big sign (in that big parking lot across from the ski lodge) that said something to the effect of "no dog-walking on trails".

thanks

dancingqueen
09-16-2009, 03:07 PM
among other activities, yes, Wishart park is a cruising place for gay people, so is the parking lot by the library/art gallery. I would say you don't really need protection, if you are not interested, people tend to move on whether they be selling drugs or looking to get laid.

TheManInBlack
09-16-2009, 03:10 PM
I thought you weren't allowed to walk dogs on the trails at Hiawatha?

..or were you suggesting we use the Hiawatha trails for our drug dealing and homosexual trysts?

BAHAHAHAHAHA I just spit my drink out

riggs
09-16-2009, 03:11 PM
go down there and flash your headlights and find out.

LMAO..........That's one way to find a crack dealer.

TheManInBlack
09-16-2009, 03:11 PM
among other activities, yes, Wishart park is a cruising place for gay people, so is the parking lot by the library/art gallery. I would say you don't really need protection, if you are not interested, people tend to move on whether they be selling drugs or looking to get laid.

LOL I never saw anything like that there. I used to eat my lunch in my car parked by the river at the gallery

Peety
09-16-2009, 03:13 PM

I guess gay people don't use the bars?
I would have never have known parks are a pick up place.

dancingqueen
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
LOL I never saw anything like that there. I used to eat my lunch in my car parked by the river at the gallery

My friend and I used to walk around there in the middle of the night when we where bored. I never noticed then either till someone approached us looking for a 3 some... I wasn't gay at the time, and my friend still isn't :p lol then you start to notice things and the people you see walking around sometimes don't seem so innocent :p

dancingqueen
09-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I guess gay people don't use the bars?
I would have never have known parks are a pick up place.

pffft, you can't pick up in a bar here, there are so many alpha males running around with the "I'd punch 'em in the face" mentality. I have seen it on numerous occasions. A gay man is socially not allowed to cruise in public here. You get the "don't cram it down my throat"
"keep it to yourself"
"you don't need to announce it"
etc...
apparently gay people are supposed to know who is gay upon sight and only flirt with those people, and only do it behind closed doors when no one else is around.
I think we have a secret hand gesture dictionary coming out for "being gay in Sault Ste. Marie"

dancingqueen
09-16-2009, 03:19 PM
LMAO..........That's one way to find a crack dealer.

of one variety or another ;)

TheManInBlack
09-16-2009, 03:20 PM
My friend and I used to walk around there in the middle of the night when we where bored. I never noticed then either till someone approached us looking for a 3 some... I wasn't gay at the time, and my friend still isn't :p lol then you start to notice things and the people you see walking around sometimes don't seem so innocent :p

My dad used to say the same lame joke to me for years.
"A girl walked up to me downtown and said "I'll do anything for you for $50"
So I said come on by my house at 3 oclock tommorow."

"when she got there, I walked over and handed her some paint and a brush and told her to get busy painting my fence"

GRUMPY
09-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh, good to know.

I thought they had a big sign (in that big parking lot across from the ski lodge) that said something to the effect of "no dog-walking on trails".

thanks

That sign was put up mainly for the slow-witted dog owners who would go out there in the winter to walk their dogs and then wonder why people were yelling at them. I never go there at all when there is any kind of snow on the ground as to avoid ticking off skiers who paid good money to ski there, but once the snow is gone I'm up the quite often. It is sort of a trade off with them I guess as in the summer time there is little damage that dog walkers can do and its good to have extra eyes on things so that nobody damages things. This time of year and the weather being as nice as it is there "should" be a lot of dog walkers out there, its great to watch the dogs interact with each other without the leashes getting in the way. Humans could take a lesson from them.

riggs
09-16-2009, 03:26 PM
of one variety or another ;)

I knew that wasn't going over your head...........:sdrag:

$Spendbender$
09-16-2009, 04:07 PM
That sign was put up mainly for the slow-witted dog owners who would go out there in the winter to walk their dogs and then wonder why people were yelling at them. I never go there at all when there is any kind of snow on the ground as to avoid ticking off skiers who paid good money to ski there, but once the snow is gone I'm up the quite often.

Okay, that makes sense. I honestly didn't know that. I know a lot of people who walk their dogs out there. I just thought they were being baaad.

verotik66
09-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Ahhhhh I know where that is. I thought that park was for cross country skiing

apparently each skier brings his own pole

verotik66
09-16-2009, 04:31 PM
pffft, you can't pick up in a bar here, there are so many alpha males running around with the "I'd punch 'em in the face" mentality. I have seen it on numerous occasions. A gay man is socially not allowed to cruise in public here. You get the "don't cram it down my throat"
"keep it to yourself"
"you don't need to announce it"
etc...
apparently gay people are supposed to know who is gay upon sight and only flirt with those people, and only do it behind closed doors when no one else is around.
I think we have a secret hand gesture dictionary coming out for "being gay in Sault Ste. Marie"

what your gaydar is broken?

$Spendbender$
09-16-2009, 04:36 PM
apparently each skier brings his own pole

AHAHAH!!

I get it..

:boy: + :boy: = :syes2: hoowaa!!

dancingqueen
09-16-2009, 04:47 PM
what your gaydar is broken?

I never had one :/

IMHO
09-16-2009, 06:25 PM
AHHHH.just leave the gays alone...they are out of the city in a rundown park with no washrooms and not even a picnic table.The Wishart family woild be mortified to see how the city has neglected this prime piece of real estate they donated to the city. The driveway in is full of potholes and all that is needed is a grader. The gays are not hurting anyone...just let then be.:smile:

4caster
09-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh, good to know.

thanks

well, all signs there are more guidelines than rules....

GRUMPY
09-16-2009, 09:45 PM
if you walk your dog in the picnic area they will get after you if it isn't on a leash however the trails are wide open. in 20 odd years I've only had trouble with one other dog while walking the trails as they all seem to be quite happy to run the trails. I seldom see Bandit except when he wants to come out of the bush to check up on where I am then its back in the bush for him till we are almost back at the car then he'll rejoin me.

lk_wicked
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
AHHHH.just leave the gays alone...they are out of the city in a rundown park with no washrooms and not even a picnic table.The Wishart family woild be mortified to see how the city has neglected this prime piece of real estate they donated to the city. The driveway in is full of potholes and all that is needed is a grader. The gays are not hurting anyone...just let then be.:smile:

for the record, some of that property is no longer part of the original Wishart Park property, my family owns a section of it at the bottom of the hill on the right hand corner. They are forever, running into gay people frollicking naked on their property, and whether these individuals are gay or not, the point is, they can't visit their own property with their young teenage boys without this nonsense occuring there. And some of these couples are in the 60 to 70 year old age range.

personally gay or not, if your old enough to have sex, you should be discrete enough to have it on your own property or get a room.

the family is trying to build their home on this property by next summer. They have private property signs posted, that are constantly been taken down. They've dropped trees across the path where the cars usually park.

Complaints have been filed with city police, and the families that live in that area are tired of all of it. Some people even use it as a city dump and drop off garbage and discarded furniture down there.

I have a husband, a house and money for hotels. I certainly see no reason or need to frolick naked on other people's property or public property.

Peety
09-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Take a few pictures of the naked people..
I bet a few times..Problem solved.

lk_wicked
09-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Take a few pictures of the naked people..
I bet a few times..Problem solved.

thanks, i'll tell the family to bring the camera. lol

skibunnie64
09-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Oh, good to know.

thanks

I think that sign is meant for the winter. They don't want the dogs on the groomed ski trails. I never had a problem with walking my dog there any other time of the year.

verotik66
09-17-2009, 12:06 AM
for the record, some of that property is no longer part of the original Wishart Park property, my family owns a section of it at the bottom of the hill on the right hand corner. They are forever, running into gay people frollicking naked on their property, and whether these individuals are gay or not, the point is, they can't visit their own property with their young teenage boys without this nonsense occuring there. And some of these couples are in the 60 to 70 year old age range.

personally gay or not, if your old enough to have sex, you should be discrete enough to have it on your own property or get a room.

the family is trying to build their home on this property by next summer. They have private property signs posted, that are constantly been taken down. They've dropped trees across the path where the cars usually park.

Complaints have been filed with city police, and the families that live in that area are tired of all of it. Some people even use it as a city dump and drop off garbage and discarded furniture down there.

I have a husband, a house and money for hotels. I certainly see no reason or need to frolick naked on other people's property or public property.

woot! you have a husband and you pay for hotels for your gay lover? lol whats wrong with a lil bit of nake in the woods, your friends will have a nice view from their new house, if they put in a hot tub they could have a lemon party

IMHO
09-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Why would you buy property on a public road leading to a park? Will the Conservation authority let you actually build that close to Root River?You spent the summer there without any washroom facilities...you are lucky someone did not inform the board of health...you must have a septic system but i doubt they will allow one that close to the water. I can see blocking your own property but you took it upon yourself to block the little roadway into the adjacent park which has no posted stay out signs. The average dog walker,like me, would assume all of the bush area adjacent to the park belongs to Wishart. Was any real damage done? I myself have picked up the odd coffee cup but i find walkers were very good to the environment out there.I think it is morally wrong to be making judgement calls onthe moral front of those who frequent the park. In all my years of dog walking out there my experience has been positive with no apparent "gay" things going on. I give the gay population more credit than you do. I sense this is a more MORAL complaint than a property complaint.... try and get by that.

$Spendbender$
09-17-2009, 08:29 AM
I would like to clarify my stance on the original subject.

I do not now, nor have I ever, had a negative issue with homosexuality (I know, everybody says that) but I honestly don't - believe me. Now. Illegal dumping? THAT I have a BIG problem with..lol

I never at any point meant this to become a thread about taking anyone's personal inventory, personal choice or insulting anyones decision to take lovers. I don't care what other consenting adults do. Life's too short, have at 'er!

I would also like to point out that I HIGHLY doubt that people who go there to meet a lover are bringing their trash with them...lol I think that would be the bigger problem that needs dealing with.

I was just in disbelief when a friend said that we had a "gay park". I guess I'm still naive enough to think that only happens in the big city..lol

..I guess the joke's on me.:smile:

cheeky
09-17-2009, 09:01 AM

No pun intended? lol

Peety
09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
thanks, i'll tell the family to bring the camera. lol

LOl..The pics would be good for a laugh..:omg:

GRUMPY
09-17-2009, 09:20 AM
The average dog walker,like me, would assume all of the bush area adjacent to the park belongs to Wishart.

Being an average dog walker myself all I can say is are you for real or what? Why would anyone make such an assumption as if it did belong to Wishart it would be part of the park. This is where most of the trouble comes from for dog walkers, when walkers who go where they have no business going and in the process p*ssing off the property owners and ruining it for other dog walkers.

Why a person wants to buy property and build where they do is THEIR business and they do not have to account for their tastes to anyone.

$Spendbender$
09-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Being an average dog walker myself all I can say is are you for real or what? Why would anyone make such an assumption as if it did belong to Wishart it would be part of the park. This is where most of the trouble comes from for dog walker, walkers who go where they have no business going and in the process p*ssing off the property owners and ruining it for other dog walkers.

Why a person wants to buy property and build where they do is THEIR business and they do not have to account for their tastes to anyone.

:beer:

IMHO
09-17-2009, 10:15 AM
GRUMPY: I guess what I was trying to say was that without definite signs it is hard to tell where the Wishart property ends and private property begins. If you take a trail from the parking lot it will lead out to the area that eventually says no trespassing. I am quite prepared to follow the rules but to me that whiole bush area looks like one. Where is the dividing line between park and private property?

GRUMPY
09-17-2009, 10:29 AM
true enough. It is just one of my pet peeves as there are a lot of twits out there who walk dogs and make it hard for the rest of us. It seems that as soon as you find a really great spot to walk your dog and everyone is happy some inbred shows up with a dog that hasn't been socialized and that they have no control over and the next thing you know is the city is all over you. Its happened at the locks, its happened at Fort Creek and many many places besides. I read the posts by some who are against dogs and dog walkers and I can understand what they are saying, if you show others respect you will get it back. I've met a few seniors at the home who would almost become violent just at the sight on Bandit on their floor however after some time they get used to him and even have started to pet him from time to time. Its all a matter of respecting other's space.

Chester Field
09-17-2009, 10:33 AM
true enough. It is just one of my pet peeves as there are a lot of twits out there who walk dogs and make it hard for the rest of us. It seems that as soon as you find a really great spot to walk your dog and everyone is happy some inbred shows up with a dog that hasn't been socialized and that they have no control over and the next thing you know is the city is all over you. Its happened at the locks, its happened at Fort Creek and many many places besides. I read the posts by some who are against dogs and dog walkers and I can understand what they are saying, if you show others respect you will get it back. I've met a few seniors at the home who would almost become violent just at the sight on Bandit on their floor however after some time they get used to him and even have started to pet him from time to time. Its all a matter of respecting other's space.

I agree with all that. If we don't police ourselves, then it is too easy for a few dumbasses to ruin it for the rest of us. I've been given the old FO a few times for offering a spare bag to a 'delinquent' dog walker, but I've had just as many people say thanks and pick up too.

IMHO
09-17-2009, 10:47 AM
The city provides FREE doggie do do bags at Bellevue Park, Pine Street Marina and the boardwalk. I always keep a few spares in my car in case the rack is ever empty(rare). I see no excuse for people not to take advantage of these bags and pick up after their dogs.

GRUMPY
09-17-2009, 03:09 PM
I always keep an old Timmies cup handy just in case. Makes me laugh though when you see those want to be yuppies walking around carrying those Timmies cups around like it was a badge of glory or something, I'm tempted to tell them that I know whats in the cup.

Peety
09-17-2009, 05:33 PM

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=41697
That is the place to be!!

bluekrissyspikes
09-17-2009, 06:02 PM
they should not be fixing that window 'issue' (:

Peety
09-17-2009, 07:44 PM
they should not be fixing that window 'issue' (:

Ha,Ha..

Soonet-china
09-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Isnt WP a cruising place for soonet?

Strife
09-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Isnt WP a cruising place for soonet?

Nope...just men that want to get laid

Soonet-china
09-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Oh, men from soonet, okay.

Strife
09-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Oh, men from soonet, okay.

Your home away from home...

Soonet-china
09-18-2009, 12:45 AM
13 , go away, i will complain without your bs!

Soonet-china
09-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Where can i go so i dont see any of soonet?

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Now you've done it lol

Strife
09-18-2009, 12:51 AM
Where can i go so i dont see any of soonet?

Wishart Park sounds like a good choice

heintzman
09-19-2009, 11:46 PM

sorry this is off topic,,, and i don't mean to do this to your thread,,, but dancingqueen,, what do you mean you were not gay then,,, i have always defended gay people , that they were born that way,,, that it was not a choice,,, they just are the way that they are, and we should understand and accept them and be happy for them,,,,, are you saying that that is not true!! if so,,, i have just lost hundreds of agruments...

bluekrissyspikes
09-19-2009, 11:51 PM
lol....sometimes it takes them a while to figure out who they are. i have a family member who came out as a lesbian and she already had 6 kids by the time she figured it out.

IMHO
09-20-2009, 02:36 AM
You do not turn gay anymore than you could turn str8. Its not a turnoff and on like tap. Its called missimg a gene and thats life...no prob:tongue:lem that i can see.

driver11
02-26-2011, 11:22 AM
defnitely and sometimes fun

D0bb3r
02-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Soooo .. you were bored and decided to go prancing around in a few of the 2009 archives did you ??

This was post # 1 .. will you be the new necromancer, bringing back threads from the dead ??

dancingqueen
02-26-2011, 11:32 PM
oh boy... this thread has brought back memories lol

everywoman
02-26-2011, 11:59 PM
http://www.cruisinggays.com/Sault%20Ste%20Marie/Cruising-Areas/41603-Fort-Creek-Conservation-Area

nightingale
02-27-2011, 02:42 AM
http://www.cruisinggays.com/Sault%20Ste%20Marie/Cruising-Areas/41603-Fort-Creek-Conservation-Area

lol! I think DQ may be too old for this....

everywoman
02-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Probably. Someone stumbled upon this while looking for places to go walking, and showed me. Interesting!

MaO3
02-27-2011, 06:17 PM

OMG EW - I looked at that site... Holy CRAP! Sault College washrooms - tap your foot if you want to get busy?
The Wellington Square washrooms?? ewwwwww....

Peety
02-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Where do the old guys go?
Cruising Info/ Tips:No one plays with older guys here just twinks and younger guys cruise and play here

Peety
02-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Where do the old guys go?
Cruising Info/ Tips:No one plays with older guys here just twinks and younger guys cruise and play here

Outhouse has two stalls inside, the first side you walk into has a urinal, off to the right is another door that is not lockable and has a toilet. There's a small hole to view the urinal

lol. peak at some one peeing.

everywoman
02-27-2011, 07:53 PM
OMG EW - I looked at that site... Holy CRAP! Sault College washrooms - tap your foot if you want to get busy?
The Wellington Square washrooms?? ewwwwww....

LOL! Yup, who knew eh?

pyper39
02-27-2011, 09:47 PM
These people disgust me, this type of behavior isn't tolerated by the women on Albert st but all over town in the bushes is ok... give me a break

Peety
02-27-2011, 09:59 PM
These people disgust me, this type of behavior isn't tolerated by the women on Albert st but all over town in the bushes is ok... give me a break

Guess it is ok they not charging money.

IMHO
02-28-2011, 12:13 AM
iT S DONE IN THE PRIVACY OF THEIR OWN BUSHES..WHats the big deal?

SmrtGrl
02-28-2011, 04:39 PM
iT S DONE IN THE PRIVACY OF THEIR OWN BUSHES..WHats the big deal?

Don't you mean PUBLIC bushes?? It is a big deal because someone's child could stumble upon them! I have no issues with someones sexual orientation but seriously, do it in the privacy of your own home or get a hotel room! Could you imagine if straight people started behaving in this manner, meeting at random places for a quickie in the bush or public restroom??

Peety
02-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Don't you mean PUBLIC bushes?? It is a big deal because someone's child could stumble upon them! I have no issues with someones sexual orientation but seriously, do it in the privacy of your own home or get a hotel room! Could you imagine if straight people started behaving in this manner, meeting at random places for a quickie in the bush or public restroom??

Great everyone from Soonet will be in the bushes.

dancingqueen
02-28-2011, 04:43 PM

agree.
seems like this is acceptable for some, but not others, this only negatively maintains the stigma around homosexuality.

cybolynx
02-28-2011, 05:00 PM
many str8 ppl do things like this in the public ... it just more exciting ... the only reason you hear more of same sex people doing this ... is because people are afraid and like to point it out more ... and gossip spreads like wild fire ...

SmrtGrl
02-28-2011, 05:06 PM
many str8 ppl do things like this in the public ... it just more exciting ... the only reason you hear more of same sex people doing this ... is because people are afraid and like to point it out more ... and gossip spreads like wild fire ...

To be quite honest, I was totally ignorant to any of the goings on of gay people and their trysts until this thread surfaced. I didn't quite understand what you meant about people being afraid...do you mean people are afraid of homosexuality so therefore they point out those behaviours more?

NewCasa
02-28-2011, 06:07 PM

Oh wait - you're talking about 'public bushes' - thought you were saying something else. Never mind.

Melanie Booker
02-28-2011, 10:20 PM

yikes. what if you just REALLY have to go, and you're doing that little step step step dance while undoing your drawers?? lol

everywoman
03-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Oh wait - you're talking about 'public bushes' - thought you were saying something else. Never mind.

Badoom boom!!

NewCasa
03-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Badoom boom!!

I'm here all week. Try the veal. Tip your waitress.

cybolynx
03-01-2011, 11:17 AM
To be quite honest, I was totally ignorant to any of the goings on of gay people and their trysts until this thread surfaced. I didn't quite understand what you meant about people being afraid...do you mean people are afraid of homosexuality so therefore they point out those behaviours more?

yes it is what meant ...

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-01-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't know if this belongs here or the practical joke thread but my friend told me about geocaching so he gave me the coordinates and I went searching for a glory hole. I asked him what that was and he said you will know when you get there. I figured it was a hole filled with goodies. Long story short, I still can't see out of my left eye.
True story!...but not

verotik66
03-01-2011, 07:00 PM
wow and you arent banned!

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Not even close. I was actually invited back.