PDA

View Full Version : subaru power lock system....

Giggle Squirt
09-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Ok so on my car (98 outback limited) the power door lock module started to make a clicking sounds (like the signal light relay does when you have your signals on) but it did it even after the car was turned off... fearing my battery would drain I pulled the 20 amp fuse (the hot at all times fuse) for the moduel and now my power door locks don't work from inside the car just by pusing the buttons on the door (they will manually unlock and lock). If i were to put the fuse back in and just unplugh the module itself from the harness under the dash will my door locks work again from inside the car? because seriously having to go and unlock all 4 doors and the rear door lock is not really friendly to get at reaching around from the front to get everyone in the car sucks. I can't find any diagrams online for this and I am sure replacing the module from subaru will cost me my next born child. I am kind of fat right now so being head first under my dash isn't fun... :( I was thinking of just installing a remote starter system and using the door lock feature from that but i was told it might not be able to be hard wired in.... any info would be great!

DM46
09-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Without the module in the system, no your locks will not work.

doogymon
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi Giggle

I know this is an older event, but what was the outcome for the power locks?

I have an Outback same year.

Cheers