PDA

View Full Version : horrifying!! body bags for aboriginals

lk_wicked
09-16-2009, 11:14 PM
unbelievable!! a new time low and an outrage!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hmiFbmFxutzAf2ddAEaJO2pLg_7A

dont know what else to say, but omg !!

Jackie B
09-16-2009, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't say it's an outrage so much as a warning of things to come. Very telling indeed.

lk_wicked
09-16-2009, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't say it's an outrage so much as a warning of things to come. Very telling indeed.

just watched the news, and they didnt send body bags to anywhere except the aboriginals. that is the outrage. On the news, the aborinal spokesperson said, is the message that we are suppose to be getting is that noone cares about the aboriginals and the government official on the news states that she is launching a full investigation regarding this.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idCATRE58F69K20090916

read more on the related articles

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090916/flu_bodybags_090916/20090916?hub=TopStories

"It's like sending body bags to Afghanistan for our soldiers. We've been asking for proper health institutions, proper health equipment. Instead, what do we get? Body bags. That's totally unacceptable." Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq said at a flu briefing in Ottawa Wednesday that she too was disturbed by the move.

David Butler-Jones, Canada's chief public health officer, called the body bags "unnecessary.

New Democrat MP Judy Wasylycia-Leis said she was angry that Health Canada refused to send hand sanitizer to reserves but is now sending body bags

vixen
09-17-2009, 12:53 AM
from what i read they got everything the need plus the body bags. I find it hard to believe they got body bags as a warning. They went to remote reserves, its all in being prepared, sad to say but we need to be realistic.

Upper Decker
09-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Epidemic control.Plain and simple. As for health care for them, if they joined the rest of the country maybe they would get an equal share of the pie.

Amaranth
09-17-2009, 01:02 AM
from what i read they got everything the need plus the body bags. I find it hard to believe they got body bags as a warning. They went to remote reserves, its all in being prepared, sad to say but we need to be realistic.

I agree. As you said, the body bags were sent to remote reserves. If they do not normally have a considerable amount of body bags on hand they may need them to contain any bodies with H1N1 if they have a number of deaths from the virus.

Not that I think this H1N1 thing is out of control or anything. I am not concerned about it myself. I do not think that hand sanitizer is going to help. I think it is more of a problem than anything else. I work in a group home type setting and we have hand sanitizer everywhere. I wash my hands regularly but I try to avoid using the hand sanitizer.

verotik66
09-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Canada's Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq said she has asked officials for an explanation.

lol um they are expecting some people to die?

they will either die from the vaccine or from the flu lol

bluekrissyspikes
09-17-2009, 01:09 AM
i don't think it was meant to be offensive. in all reality, if someone who is part of a society that is particularely sensitive to an illness that is going around, chooses to live in a small remote community away from any descent health care then they are taking a risk in doing so. not to mention how extended families share homes which is perfect for spreading germs. small towns and farming communities don't have hospitals either, it's part of the package that goes with their lifestyle. the bags were sent as part of a prevention package and, yeah, a warning that more people will probably die and these will help to keep any germs from spreading to living people. not a threat. just a reality check. the whole situation is sad but would it be better to wait until someone dies from this or any other reason and then order a body bag for that person??

hommer
09-17-2009, 01:30 AM
My daughter and son-in-law are posted in a remote native community in Sask, and my son is also there working with them, I hope that they are also sending the much needed medications to these remote areas. I am not sure if they would send the hand sanitizers to where they are "a dry reserve" so not too sure if that is aloud. Will have to speak with my daughter to see if anything is being done up where they are.

TheManInBlack
09-17-2009, 02:05 AM
its the big cities not the remote areas you have to worry about in a pandemic. But BE SCARED the news says its coming. What a load of ****. If you get that H1N1 shot your retarded jsut read about what the government did to us in the 70's the last time they scared people into getting a shot

B.David
09-17-2009, 02:07 AM
LMAO. I think it's hilarious, and a more or less a safety precaution to cover ALL angles, even the worst.

Soonet-china
09-17-2009, 02:23 AM
So what!

Luv'inLife
09-17-2009, 08:45 AM
the fact of the matter is, on a reservation, like anywhere else that people are living in close proximity to one another, you "catch" the flu, and even with some medications, with out a hospital close by, people will die, and they will be a corpse with a virus and in order to control and help save the other lives the body must be wrapped properly...some of the aboriginal people take everything too much as a slam...do you think other remote medical stations did not recieve the same kits, yes they did, but of course the media has to stir up crap. They need to ask the question...do we want help or not...the goverment cannot pay for a medical team to go and sit and wait for people to get H1N1, so they sent the supplies needed, masks because its airborn, sanitizer to kill bacteria and as an extreme measure, for those that pass a body bag to control the virus...not much else to do.

IMHO
09-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Are body bags re-used, ever? Are they bio-degradable?

Upper Decker
09-17-2009, 09:37 AM
It wasnt the media that stirred the pot, it was the idiot leaders of these reserves that did. They will take every single opportunity they can perpetuate how much the white government doesnt care about them and is racist towards them. Of course the OP seemed to have the same retarded and ignorant bleeding heart mentality.

italiandomino
09-25-2009, 01:24 PM
I dont see the problem with this issue ... sorry