PDA

View Full Version : noisy neighbour

mothwoman
09-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Yesterday evening in a garage a band was playing and my newborn was awoken out of her sleep. It took me quite a while to soothe her back to sleep once they stopped. Can someone please enlighten me of noise bylaws I tried to look online for answers but wasn't able to come across anything local. I hope this will not become a habit, last evening was the first time I heard them play. As a neighbour I do not want to be known as a party pooper or someone that is hard to get along with, but my child needs her sleep. Should I approach the house and try to talk with them or should I mind my own business and Ieave it to the police?

cybolynx
09-18-2009, 11:51 AM
the bylaw is no excessive noise at any time during the day ...

TheManInBlack
09-18-2009, 12:48 PM
A few times and your daughter won't even notice. Like I don't hear the trains anymore around our place. Our son can sleep through a train runnning through his room now. All because we adjusted him to sounds. Worst thing you can do with a baby is walk around on eggshells. For your sanity more than anything

velle
09-18-2009, 01:30 PM
A few times and your daughter won't even notice. Like I don't hear the trains anymore around our place. Our son can sleep through a train runnning through his room now. All because we adjusted him to sounds. Worst thing you can do with a baby is walk around on eggshells. For your sanity more than anything

DITTO!! The baby will get used to it.

cybolynx
09-18-2009, 01:40 PM
how about neighbours who bulldose at 10 at night ...

or light firworks off at like 1am ...

or parking in my driveway ... almost blocking me in my house at times ...

or how about urination on my companys vehicals ...

or how about sleeping in my companys vehicals ...

when i try to talk to them about it there so drunk they prolly dont even remember i was there talking to them ...

thats ok ... next time i get a parked car in my driveway im going to stab the tires ... easy peasy

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-18-2009, 01:42 PM

If I had a dollar for every time that happened....

Peety
09-18-2009, 01:44 PM

when i try to talk to them about it there so drunk they prolly dont even remember i was there talking to them ...

thats ok ... next time i get a parked car in my driveway im going to stab the tires ... easy peasy

I am sorry.

cybolynx
09-18-2009, 01:48 PM
you dont even live near me ... lmfao

bluekrissyspikes
09-18-2009, 01:48 PM
rub doggy doo on the inside of their door handles. they'll park somewhere else next time

Peety
09-18-2009, 01:50 PM
you dont even live near me ... lmfao

Ha,Ha ..I know..
Be nice to the person..bulldozers come in handy..

opinionated
09-18-2009, 01:58 PM
I would talk to the band. They would probably be understanding and something could be worked out, perhaps not to play at certain times or something along those lines? Or give you warning of their practices?

If you do confront them, however, try not to be aggressive or demanding... you get what you give.

I know its them that's causing you the problem, but things will go a lot smoother if everyone stays cool about things.

TheManInBlack
09-18-2009, 01:59 PM
if i had a dollar for every time that happened....

hahaha

mothwoman
09-18-2009, 03:15 PM
thank you for your insights / opinions, like I said I am never one to cause problems for people and the last thing I want is a grouchy neighbour. I think I'll just go and introduce myself. I'm sure they are civilised enough to not feel threatened by a single mother.

bluekrissyspikes
09-18-2009, 04:01 PM
i actually got a new neighbour last month who was blaring his music outside on the porch at night for the first few days. after i talked to him and he saw all the little kids he stopped doing it without my saying anything about it.

Strife
09-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Most people are understanding about noise late at night. I would introduce yourself to them and politely bring up the issue. Try not to be overly aggressive but stay assertive. The last thing you want to do is get revenge or involve the police when everything can be settled first. Most of the time, the police wont get involved until you have made a decent effort to resolve the issue on your own.

NewCasa
09-18-2009, 05:55 PM
There's really no problem that a little napalm won't resolve.

H.E. Pennypacker
09-18-2009, 06:00 PM
i actually got a new neighbour last month who was blaring his music outside on the porch at night for the first few days. after i talked to him and he saw all the little kids he stopped doing it without my saying anything about it.

some hicks moved in adjacent to our backyard as well. our neighbourhood is mostly older people, or those young with kids.

These dirtbags move in to a house that the previous neighbours couldnt sell so they sold it dirt cheap.

-the dog never stops barking.. and then the owner just yells at it 24/7 to shut up
-having a fire every night so one can't even keep their windows open or else your house will smell like smoke
-parties all the time with bass so loud you don't understand how anyone could possibly be in the room it's coming from

frig i'm not even close to being old and find it annoying as hell.

09-18-2009, 06:07 PM
http://www.city.sault-ste-marie.on.ca/contentadmin/UserFiles/File/By-Laws/4100.pdf

http://www.city.sault-ste-marie.on.ca/contentadmin/UserFiles/File/By-Laws/80-200.pdf

Here are two documents you can find on the Sault City website. Or just type in "By-laws noise Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario" in google.

If i'm not mistaken the last city council they are going to revise the noise bylaw.

Tutones
09-18-2009, 06:25 PM
some hicks moved in adjacent to our backyard as well. our neighbourhood is mostly older people, or those young with kids.

These dirtbags move in to a house that the previous neighbours couldnt sell so they sold it dirt cheap.

-the dog never stops barking.. and then the owner just yells at it 24/7 to shut up
-having a fire every night so one can't even keep their windows open or else your house will smell like smoke
-parties all the time with bass so loud you don't understand how anyone could possibly be in the room it's coming from

frig i'm not even close to being old and find it annoying as hell.

If you want to solve the fire problem, just call the fire hall. Odds are they don't have a permit and will be charged for burning illegally.

H.E. Pennypacker
09-18-2009, 06:29 PM
If you want to solve the fire problem, just call the fire hall. Odds are they don't have a permit and will be charged for burning illegally.

thanks i'll have to do that next time they decide to have a hillbilly bbq.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs209.snc1/7623_1106936922353_1494690511_238750_2137111_n.jpg

ByrdDawg
09-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey Pennypacker:

That house wouldn't happen to be a white one located on a corner of a street that starts with the letter K and a street that starts with the letter R would it ?

I drove by that one last night and it it looked like a camp-out at a State park.

bluekrissyspikes
09-18-2009, 08:20 PM
thanks i'll have to do that next time they decide to have a hillbilly bbq.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs209.snc1/7623_1106936922353_1494690511_238750_2137111_n.jpg

lol...hillbilly bbq. that's a good one.

GRUMPY
09-18-2009, 10:17 PM

NO NEVER do this as it is much easier to just give the valve stems for each tire a good kick so as to break the seal. There are no holes or damage to the tires so the air must have just leaked out of them all at once. Believe me it works like a charm.