PDA

View Full Version : stat holiday question

xXx
09-22-2009, 01:12 AM
If you are to get paid the stat holiday and you work full time hours what would u get on stat holiday for pay if you didnt work. I was told u get your shift paid like u worked it, just not time and a half. But on my pay i only got 30 dollars which is far from my full shift pay.

Luv'inLife
09-22-2009, 01:35 AM
you get straight time(like you worked) if you are off that day, and time and a half or depending on your contract you could get double time and a half...you only get paid the holiday pay if you worked your shift before and after the holiday.

BrAt
09-22-2009, 01:37 AM
You also only get an average of your last 8 weeks worked so if you just started a job you wouldn't get many hours paid for the stat.

Strife
09-22-2009, 01:39 AM
If you have not missed a shift in the previous month before the stat, you should get a full day as if you had worked it. If you did miss a day, here is the formula

Add the combined hours from 2 previous pay stubs and then divide that by 20. You should get close the the amount of hours you normally work.

BrAt
09-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Ya, sorry.. it's 4 weeks. Here is a link:

http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/guide/guide_8.html

xXx
09-22-2009, 01:57 AM
okay thanks ya they owe me over 60 dollars, thanks for the help

Barney Rubble
09-22-2009, 03:56 AM
you dont have to work the day before and day after.....you have to work your scheduled day before and scheduled day after!
if you werent scheduled for those days, you cant be demerited!

gizmoguy
09-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Just to further convolute the issue, your employer may also simply choose to pay you your regular hourly wage if you work on the stat and provide you with paid time off in lieu at your regular pay but at a rate of 1.5 hours for each hour worked... In other words, you don't get paid time and a half for the hours you worked, but if you worked 8 hours on the stat, you would get 12 paid hours off.