PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Caruso

BAILEYDOG
09-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Is there anyone doing this diet right now i would love to hear from you. If you just want to talk, give recipes, helpfull hints, how you r doing, what is working and what is not. I am doing this now and i need some help. I am down 12 pounds and was wondering if anyone could help me with this tough time. I would love to talk to people that would love to give me some advice and i hope to help them to.

Thanks

everywoman
09-26-2009, 04:52 PM
My husband and I were both on it. He lost 50, and I wasn't quite so successful! But overall not a bad diet.

Here are some things we used to do:
- spend one night a week cleaning fruits and veggies and putting them in lg. freezer size ziplock baggies to ensure that it was easy to grab and eat.
- hard-boil a dozen eggs and keep them in the fridge.(we ate the yolks even tho its a no no)
- here's a good salad dressing that follows the plan. you can make a few servings at a time to save time: soya sauce, balsamic vinegar, 2 packets sweetner, and a bit of s&p. it's sort of a sweet and sour type of dressing and very flavorful
- have several varieties of crystal lite around
- use eggs a base for things. ie...scramble your eggs and cook them very thin and flat in a frying pan, with PAM, and throw stuff in and fold it over. you can really vary your ingredients from anything pizza oriented, to a classic blt type thing

Mostly, we supported each other, and tried to cook together and come up with ideas together. It helped having a partner.

Tutones
09-27-2009, 10:39 AM
I was planning on going to Caruso to do this diet, however it looks like eggs may be a big part of it. Is this true? 'cause I can't eat eggs. :(

Good luck with it!

everywoman
09-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Just egg whites. But I do cheat and have the yolks. It's not a huge part, but for those of us who like eggs, it's a great choice as part of the diet.

Arimac
09-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Stir fry, stir fry, stir fry! We didn't eat a lot of eggs. And yes, I agree that you really have to spend time cuttng up veggies. It makes life a lot easier. I lost over 40 pounds and my daughter lost about 100 pounds. Good luck to you!!!

Arimac
09-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh.....and buy the protein bars from him. The wildberry ones are the best (the chocolate/coconut ones are a close second!)

Scoff
10-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Isn't this something you can do on your own without going to a doctor for? I've even had a distant family member go briefly and it sounded like it's all stuff you can do on your own aside from the shots he gives ... I told her though, "You know they're water shots right?" :p

btw, it didn't work for her. She lost 10 or 15 pounds and that was it ... no more. Then she stopped seeing him and then put that 10 or 15 back on.

Medically assisted & monitored weight-loss ... has it actually gone to that? It all sounds like an infomercial in a doctor's office.

Next we'll have "Doctors" for aerobic workouts and intense physical exercising.

"Oh you have to see Dr <so and so>, he prescribes the best workouts."

Curious here, please ... what is it that he can do for clients that you cannot get out of somewhere else (like a "Jenny Craig")? Is it just ones of those "I'll try anything" sort of things? Someone who has tried diet after diet that didn't work and found this one to work or something?

Girl at work here went to him too ... she's still the same size.

/shrug

Kevin is a good guy though so no bad-mouthing him, I was always curious about his practice.

MaO3
10-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I've known a few people who've gone to him, and while the weight loss was successfull, they havent' kept the weight off. The diet was too restricted.

NewCasa
10-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Just egg whites. But I do cheat and have the yolks. It's not a huge part, but for those of us who like eggs, it's a great choice as part of the diet.

You can get cartons of 'whites only' near the eggs at the grocery store. Just sayin.... I got those and a little microwaveable omlet maker. Dump some egg white in, a couple of tablespoons of salsa and 2 1/2 min in the micro while the toast is making. Awsome breakfast sandwich!

everywoman
10-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I know you can get the egg whites only, but I love eggs! I want the whole egg. I don't eat them enough to be problematic, and yolks have gotten a bad rap! They are high in cholesterol, but they are also high in vitamins and essential fatty acids. So, seeing as I eat them in moderation, I'm gonna eat the whole damn egg!

But thanks for the info! I appreciate any input for healthy eating tips.

everywoman
10-02-2009, 05:03 PM
And as far as the "bariatric" diet....yes, it IS very restrictive. It's not realistic for life, but hopefully some good eating habits can be picked up from it, and teach people to put more fibre, fruits and veggies in their diets.

HDV
10-03-2009, 10:28 AM
By chance is he work out of that place U weight loss?

autum1
10-04-2009, 07:49 AM
No he is not. He is located on Queen street , across from the hospital. It is a white building, think it says Medical building. Bunch of other doctors are in there too.

Bouffer
10-05-2009, 09:03 PM
As soon as you stop that diet, you gain it back and then some. I'd suggest doing weight watchers... or you have to stay on that diet for life. I did it for 8 months.... and i lost a ton of weight. But even with the same diet/ exercise plan.... after i stopped getting the b12 shots and taking the vitamins.... i couldn't loose any weight.