PDA

View Full Version : place in the mall that does teeth whitening?

Giggle Squirt
09-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Has anyone been to the place in the mall to get their teeth whitened? My teeth aren't bad but i have a few spots from when i got my braces off that I want to bleach out. I going for family pics soon... MY dentist told me 300$ for the whitening treatment.

jag
09-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Glamorous Smiles
I haven't been, but I believe it's in the area of $120 for a treatment there.

lynys
09-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Crest Whitestrips...

$29 something at Walmart. And they work well. ;)

Giggle Squirt
09-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Crest Whitestrips...

$29 something at Walmart. And they work well. ;)

I have tried that, but I am not the commitment type. I have tried them but I just keep forgetting to put them on and such. I would rather just have like a one time deal.

Lollypop
09-28-2009, 11:03 AM
One of my friends went and no difference what so ever.

bluekrissyspikes
09-28-2009, 12:31 PM
i've heard the crest white strips work just as good or better. you just have to make it part of your bedtime routines. i've been using sensodine whitening lately and i can see a big difference in half a tube

DeleteAccout
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Crest Whitestrips only work a "little bit". If you want powerful results, get the Crest Whitestips Advanced, or Pro. They have a Peroxide concentration of approx. 40%. Any whitening strip with 40%+ is going to give you impressive results.
Also, after using the Whitestrips advanced, one package will last for a LONG time. Just keep your oral care routine up and you'll never need to use them again. I use Sensodyne Whitening, but used to use Crest Vivid White. That stuff is AMAZING ! Little abbraisive particles ( flouride? ) that really scrub your teeth =)
Paying for a profesional whitening is expensive, and you dont always get the results you want, making the price you paid, crappy

Scoff
09-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Has anyone been to the place in the mall to get their teeth whitened? My teeth aren't bad but i have a few spots from when i got my braces off that I want to bleach out. I going for family pics soon... MY dentist told me 300$ for the whitening treatment.

As far as I know, in town all use the same procedure. There's no laser treatment in town, just the $300 (which is standard) for the impressions of your teeth and a year or two supply of the whitening gel.

I called all around a few months ago and then just grabbed the gel treatment from my dentist. Benefits don't pay for it, the $300 comes out of your own pocket. (which is understandable)

The gel works good it just takes 2-4 applications to get them to your desired whiteness the first time, and you can reuse depending on how you live ;) I'm a coffee drinker & smoker so I like to have it around to reuse whenever I feel it's necessary. My g/f paid $1000 for a one time laser treatment in Toronto ... her's are still pearl white but she doesn't smoke or drink coffee etc.

I tried the "off the shelf" stuff and it's nothing compared to what you can get from your dentist.

sdp_86
09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
My husband and I did the whitening in the mall for our wedding, It was 150 per person. It worked, but our teeth we're fairly white already so there wasn't enough difference for the price we paid, and unfortunatly it doesn't get rid of those spots from braces.

Scoff
09-29-2009, 12:00 PM
True, stains from braces will never come off with any amount of whitening.

Giggle Squirt
09-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Not calcium deposits from braces, just I used crest vivid white so the parts around the brackt are whiter then the spots where the bracket was. and it is driving me crazy. No one can really tell unless your basically in my mouth but I can see it and it is making me mental. I think I am going to go and try it out.

Xzavia
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Crest Whitestrips only work a "little bit". If you want powerful results, get the Crest Whitestips Advanced, or Pro. They have a Peroxide concentration of approx. 40%. Any whitening strip with 40%+ is going to give you impressive results.

Speaking of peroxide...my sister used to just pour peroxide right on her toothbrush and brush her teeth with it, then use toothpaste after that. Now that I think of it, she still has pretty white teeth and she smokes and drinks coffee daily. Have to ask her is she still does it.....:D

She's still pretty healthy so it hasn't affected her health wise.

Giggle Squirt
09-29-2009, 08:50 PM
well I went to the mall today and they moved to pim street... :( Oh well I got an appt with my dentist tomorrow. :)