PDA

View Full Version : Plate difference

Hans
09-30-2009, 08:43 AM
I have been trying to find information on the MTO web site, but it seems they have hidden it well.

So here it goes :

- Why are plates on a truck a different color then plates on a car?
- Why are the stickers on the back plate for a car, and front plate on a truck?
- Why does a truck have a separate sticker indicating the vehicle is mostly for personal use, and a car does not?

corn316
09-30-2009, 02:59 PM
I have been trying to find information on the MTO web site, but it seems they have hidden it well.

So here it goes :

- Why are plates on a truck a different color then plates on a car?
- Why are the stickers on the back plate for a car, and front plate on a truck?
- Why does a truck have a separate sticker indicating the vehicle is mostly for personal use, and a car does not?

well blue indacates that it is a car and the sticker goes on the back of it now as far as i know there are 3 different black plates for trucks one is just a regular black plate wich is for most trucks and for the big rigs that stay in canada the reason for for the sticker being on the front is that there is no trailer in the way of the plate. now the second black plate has a prp from top to bottom on one side of it wich is a boarder crossing truck. And the last plate has farm writen on it indacating that it is a farm use truck and i think its so they can burn colored fuel and no polotion test is needed since its hardly on the road but i might be wrong.

the other sticker that you are asking about is a yellow one that goes on your side window or winshield and it indacates that u are a comercial truck and means that u must pull in an inspection station when the lights are on and subjected to a yearly safety or what ever is deemed for the type of work that is being done

i hope i have answered this as best as possible fro you

Timbit
09-30-2009, 10:29 PM
also the reason for truck plates being different is because they COULD be used a commercial vehilce, or because they are used to hauling and carrying extra load....its' only because it can be used like that because it can carry cargo.

My buddies 1967 elcamino has truck plates on it, just because it has a box and can be considered carrying cargo....how odd :)

corn316
09-30-2009, 11:38 PM
also the reason for truck plates being different is because they COULD be used a commercial vehilce, or because they are used to hauling and carrying extra load....its' only because it can be used like that because it can carry cargo.

My buddies 1967 elcamino has truck plates on it, just because it has a box and can be considered carrying cargo....how odd :)

well that is why after a certain weight it become comercial with the extra yellow sticker