PDA

View Full Version : Letterman SHow

Bluesky
10-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Did anyone watch Letterman last night? The guy confessed to having affairs with female employees amidst a blackmail attempt. I thought he was joking. It's all over the news now.

official soonet pu$$ycat
10-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Good for Dave. At that age if you can get it, take it. Nothing funnier than people trying to extort you, and getting burned.

Daiv
10-02-2009, 09:21 AM
I say good for him for coming clean and not giving into the demands.
Not that I condone his behaviour (depending on when this was done).

Bluesky
10-02-2009, 09:25 AM
I imagine if his dalliances were before his current marriage, the blackmailer would have had nothing to extort him with. The only leverage for blackmail here is the marriage relationship which he would naturally want to protect. he made light of it, but knowing how he hates revealing personal stuff on the show, he must have been in internal agony over this.

Super Gram
10-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I really don't think it matters when he had these affairs. He has been married for 5 months and has been living with his g/f since the 1980's.

I say good for him. It's refreshering to see someone in show biz, being honest. I wonder what the network will do........since he has taken first place since Jay Leno left the "tonight show"

Daiv
10-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I also assume it was done during his relationship. I said depending because if on the off-chance it happened before, then I see no problem.
If he was cheating on his girlfriend/wife, I don't condone it, but I do applaud his coming forward and being honest about the whole thing.

Bluesky
10-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Well, there is another problem. Having sex with his employees?? Any one of those girls could claim sexual harassment and he would be screwed (no pun intended). These are not 'ordinary' affairs. This looks really bad for Letterman.

Lance1
10-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Glad to hear Letterman is not gay. Hope the black mailer is thrown in jail now.

Anapeg
10-02-2009, 07:45 PM
I also assume it was done during his relationship. I said depending because if on the off-chance it happened before, then I see no problem.
If he was cheating on his girlfriend/wife, I don't condone it, but I do applaud his coming forward and being honest about the whole thing.

Being honest? Not so much. Being mercinairy(sp), likely. Willing to lose a relationship but not the money. Not terribly romantic but what the hell, he saved a few bucks. That's using your head,....head's,....er,.ummmm, well you know. :confused2:

Luv'inLife
10-02-2009, 07:51 PM
who cares..he's Letterman...good publicity though.

Peety
10-02-2009, 08:24 PM
He's a dirty old horndog!

DM46
10-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I say good for him for coming clean and not giving into the demands.
Not that I condone his behaviour (depending on when this was done).

From what I saw on the news, he did give a cheque to the guy for 2 million, however when the man went to cash it, he was arrested for extortion. Might not be true, but thats what the news reported.

Bluesky
10-02-2009, 10:09 PM
From what I saw on the news, he did give a cheque to the guy for 2 million, however when the man went to cash it, he was arrested for extortion. Might not be true, but thats what the news reported.

No, you just caught a part of it. They set up a sting operation and he gave him a fake cheque for 2 million.

Slow
10-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Letterman used to be funny. Now he is an old, angry man who is much too politicized.

Bluesky
10-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Letterman used to be funny. Now he is an old, angry man who is much too politicized.

Agreed. And his live audiences are to be pitied. They are conditioned to laugh in all the right places, even when it isn't funny. Did you hear them laugh during his 'confessions'? That was sick.
I often get the sense that Letterman despises his audience, because of the absolutely stupid things he makes them do.. It's like, "Let's see how badly I can humiliate these dumb jerks, and they still laugh at my jokes and treat me like the god that I am."

KDawg
10-03-2009, 10:46 AM

Much too politicized? Late night talk shows owe their existence to political humour -- it's what they do.

Slow
10-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Agreed. And his live audiences are to be pitied. They are conditioned to laugh in all the right places, even when it isn't funny. Did you hear them laugh during his 'confessions'? That was sick.
I often get the sense that Letterman despises his audience, because of the absolutely stupid things he makes them do.. It's like, "Let's see how badly I can humiliate these dumb jerks, and they still laugh at my jokes and treat me like the god that I am."

Yeah, when I heard the audience reaction it just added to my feelings of a society on remote control, unable to make value judgments because of our rampant rush to secularism at all costs, at all times.

Letterman was one of the best at one time. Fame and fortune have turned him into a bitter human being.

SweetBiotch
10-03-2009, 12:02 PM
the audience thought david was joking and it was part of his monologue, in their defence..