PDA

View Full Version : Harley-Davidson's Profit Plunges

Jack Butler
10-15-2009, 06:22 PM
The Company will discontinue production of Buell motorcycles.
Remaining inventories of Buell motorcycles, accessories and apparel, while they last, will continue to be sold through authorized dealerships.

http://www.buell.com/en_us/

http://finchannel.com/news_flash/Oil_&_Auto/49576_Harley-Davidson%27s_Profit_Plunges/

Jack Butler
10-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Too bad.....innovative motorcycle company.
Here is the flagship......146/82 is stout!

http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/sport/1125R/

velle
10-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Maybe they should stick with Buell and scrap the rest of that JUNK they make!!!JMO.

Jack Butler
10-18-2009, 08:30 AM
If HD were making trains, they still be making steam engines.
That being said, the V-Rod is exempt.
It's actually a Porsche design.
The rest are so short on technology, I don't get it.
Let's say HD made airplanes......
.....would you ride in one?

Jack Butler
10-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Here's the latest......
If the news last week that Buell American Motorcycles would be shuttered for good got you down, here's something to perk you up: there are plenty of folks who don't want 25 years of work to go down the drain either. Business and community interests around the Buell factory in East Troy, Wisconsin are looking into keeping things going, and there are rumours of Erik Buell hitting the road to drum up financial support for the freshly-killed brand.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/23october09_buellrises.htm

scsint
10-24-2009, 05:18 PM
LOL!

Velle and JackButler ... I guess you think the grass is greener on a Honda, right?? In the past I have owned Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, BSA, Triumph, and Harley. Currently I own a 2000 Harley FXD and have NEVER had any troubles with it. Any problems that did occur had nothing to do with the bike itself (such as finding that one screw on the road!). And yes, I do ride it. More than most do even with the single digit temps! I have never owned a Buell, but I have taken one for a spin about a year ago. In all fairness, I enjoyed the ride, but I feel more at home on my Harley.

If Harley made planes like they did MY bike, I would be relaxing and enjoying my flight! ;-) My bike starts every time, runs well, idles nicely, has plenty of power, doesn't smoke, has all it's parts, sounds great, looks great, rides well, handles tightly. I have pulled the front end off the ground, and spun the back tire in a parking lot. I guess belt drives really are nice eh?

I've seen some planes I'd rather not be in but that's a different story! LOL

Signed,
More than a T-shirt owner. hahaha

Jack Butler
10-25-2009, 01:07 AM
I didn't say the grass is greener.
I said they are short on technology, and they are big time.
Ha, Ha, Ha....enjoy a relaxing flight, well you won't have to stir your drink.
It's not about lifting your front wheel or spinning the rear tire.
It's about lifting your front wheel while you spin your rear tire.
More than a t-shirt owner is right.
Most harley owners have as much in their costumes than they do their bikes!
Hard to find a more expensive noise maker.

scsint
10-25-2009, 02:30 PM
I understand what you're saying - it's all good ;-)

I just happen to like Harley's. Regardless of their short comings. To me, that's what makes them special. Yamaha has always been my favorite Japanese bike. Particularly the 650cc Specials made between the early 70's to the 80's. I love the comment about not having to stir my drink, that is pretty funny ;-) and very true lol.

I'm not prejudice btw. I think anyone that can own a bike and has the guts to ride regardless of the bike's make and model is worthy of a High-5.
Cheers!

Jack Butler
10-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Regardless of their short comings. To me, that's what makes them special.

No...that makes them overpriced!
I just can't pay that much.....for that little.

velle
11-09-2009, 01:20 AM
I didn't say the grass is greener.
I said they are short on technology, and they are big time.
Ha, Ha, Ha....enjoy a relaxing flight, well you won't have to stir your drink.
It's not about lifting your front wheel or spinning the rear tire.
It's about lifting your front wheel while you spin your rear tire.
More than a t-shirt owner is right.
Most harley owners have as much in their costumes than they do their bikes!
Hard to find a more expensive noise maker.

Well put man,very well put! Give me that Jap crap technology any day!!SMOOOOOOOTH!!!