PDA

View Full Version : WTB Bassett Hound

lexilou
07-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Preferrably a puppy. PM me or e-mail lexilou366@yahoo.com

christori
07-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I have a friend that is getting one in Indsor I can find out if she can get one for you too if you would like. She is going on Wednesday.

GRUMPY
07-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Indsor???

Larimar
07-16-2007, 10:20 PM
windsor probably-as it looks like a typo.

I have a basset hond-wonderful pets. Males are not as good as females when dealing with children. I have a female who is around daycare kids and so she is always tolerant an well behaved-even got her therapy dog liscence at one point-I've heard around tho that the males get too stubborn and get howly and snappy if they are pestered too much-where as the females don't have that temper lol. Mine doesn't even know how to howl!! tho i think she's an odd ball.
anyways, to the person looking for a bsset-if u have children or will someday-get a female -you'll love her for her patience as she gets older. Her puppy like behaviour will snip and nip-but with training that stops..

GRUMPY
07-16-2007, 10:21 PM
If you get one please promise me one thing,I was in Fort Creek awhile back and this woman runs past me with the Bassett behind her and shes yelling back at the dog to hurry up. I told her to look at her legs and to look at the dogs the poor thing had to take 4 steps to her one. If you want a jogging partner don't get a Bassett as they just love to sniff and visit with other dogs. They make great pets.

Larimar
07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
awwhh poor basset grumpy.
My own Basset hound (btw isn't bassett-a candy :p )

could walk and run so much as a puppy but as she got older she fell asleep on her walks and i'd carry her home haha. now she can't walk down the driveway without beingtired. they are definitly not exercise dogs.lol

GRUMPY
07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DreamSpirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">windsor probably-as it looks like a typo.

I have a basset hond-wonderful pets. Males are not as good as females when dealing with children. I have a female who is around daycare kids and so she is always tolerant an well behaved-even got her therapy dog liscence at one point-I've heard around tho that the males get too stubborn and get howly and snappy if they are pestered too much-where as the females don't have that temper lol. Mine doesn't even know how to howl!! tho i think she's an odd ball.
anyways, to the person looking for a bsset-if u have children or will someday-get a female -you'll love her for her patience as she gets older. Her puppy like behaviour will snip and nip-but with training that stops.. </div></div>
Not at all she just hasn't had anything to say. The males are more like Beagles which though while being very loving have to be among the most stubborn animals on the face of the Earth.

Larimar
07-16-2007, 10:50 PM
"Not at all she just hasn't had anything to say" not sure which this is in reference to grumpy.

yah the females are stubborn also- they won't do a thing they don't want to do-bu whereas the males have a tendency to growl at a child if they are bothered-females are a bit more layed back-i heard-my female does show this layed back, patience-but yet stubborn attitude. If we take her for a walk and she doesnt want to go let-where i'm walking. she will lay down until i go right..silly dogs.

Larimar
07-16-2007, 10:51 PM
"left" typo

GRUMPY
07-16-2007, 11:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DreamSpirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine doesn't even know how to howl</div></div>

lexilou
07-17-2007, 12:09 AM
I was hoping for something a little closer to home. My step-sister breeds them outside of Ottawa, but she is not expecting any litters this year. She is just doing shows.

Larimar
07-17-2007, 12:29 AM
a lot of times i've actually seen bassets end up at our local humane society-you should leave your name with them and theycan phone if they get one in. it's so sad to see those long eared sad eyed dogs behind those bars.

ssm2006
07-18-2007, 01:25 AM
someone on sootoday had a basset that she was selling, i think it was a male about 2 years old.. maybe a little too old for you though..

lexilou
07-18-2007, 09:25 AM
I did see that. Thank you. We decided we should get a puppy, though.

Larimar
07-19-2007, 09:43 PM
just to verify. bassets at age 2 are still very very much into puppyhood haha. In their own right. They are very hyper until reaching about age 5 when they start to sleep more haha.

lexilou
07-19-2007, 11:26 PM
LOL Cute....I hear ya. It has more to do than with the cute puppy stuff.

Larimar
09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
For anyone who is interested, the humane society has a 1 year old basset pup there waiting for a good home!
1 year olds are still very much into their puppy stages in life. Please save this lil girl.

Females make great family pets b.c they are patient, tolerant and love children usually.

http://hosting.soonet.ca/humanesociety/DogBelle28Aug07.JPG

Belle is a 1 year old female Basset Hound with brown, black and white fur.

http://hosting.soonet.ca/humanesociety/dogs.htm

lexilou
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
I remember someone posting on Sootoday thaT THEY FOUND ONE WANDERING IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. tHEY SAID THEY BROUGHT IT TO THE hUMANE sOCIETY. tHIS MUST BE HER. Thank you for the info, I already committed to purchasing one from a local breeder. It is much appreciated.

Larimar
09-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Glad you found one, maybe when you get yours or talk about your own someone will show an interest in getting one and you can show them this lil baby at the humane society-i have no doubt she'll go quickly though. She's agood family breed.

TPK
09-07-2007, 12:52 PM