PDA

View Full Version : PC Gaming vs Console ...

Scoff
10-22-2009, 12:20 PM
No comparison ...

For a couple years my gamer buddies kept trying to get me into the PS3 and since I was looking for a "media center" to store my Bluray downloads on I opted for a PS3 (and external TB drive) since it could handle the playing of my downloaded BR movies and could also play BR discs. I also needed to test out my new 240Hz Samsung LCD I picked up (with AMP ;)) so I really wanted a BluRay player/Media Center. The "HD" gaming option was just a bonus ...

So I tried ...

I'm an avid PC gamer who mostly plays MMO & strategy type games so right off the bat the console world offered very little to me. 5 weeks and 10 games later (played about 10 to 30 mins each) I've told myself that it's pointless to try and find something worth while on a console.

Back to PC I went.

Picked up a copy of that new MMO "Aion" and after 30 minutes of gameplay I remembered why I got so frustrated trying to find something worthwhile on a console ...

There's very little worth playing on a console box.

PC rules imo.

I guess the big difference is a 120Gb PS3 cost me $300 and my gaming PC was almost $3000. I guess that's a good starting indicator on gameplay and graphics being SO much better on a PC.

Guess the PS3 will just be used to play movies and that's it. Maybe the odd game of hockey here and there.

What's your opinions? Console or PC? (Those with adequate PC's - don't tell us you'd rather use a console when all you've played for a PC is P4 with HT). ;)

Upper Decker
10-22-2009, 01:12 PM
TRied 2 consoles now, I cant do thumbsticks and I find 8 or 16 slot game servers craptacular. Im used to playin online FPS with at least 40 - 46 people min for that fear for your life every single step feel. So my son lucked out and got himself a new xbox 360 after i dropped the controller in disgust when i played TF2 for the first time and beat halo wars in a night.

Scoff
10-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Ok, I did play all of that Arkhem Asylum (sp?) release ... that was a pretty good game, good story line, etc. The graphics were decent as well. I don't usually play that type but I was into it for the few nights it took to finish.

"Is that it?", I thought, "What a rip!" :p

I hear you about those thumbsticks ... wow, took a few to get used to that's for sure. I'll take my mouse and kb (or flight-stick) anyday thank you very much. :)

Ultra54
10-23-2009, 12:25 AM
PC is so much better looking. I actually own a few games on PS3 and PC along with my sons 360. We have a copy of GTA4 on all three and the PC is light years ahead. As far as the controller, it depends on the game type. Speed and accuracy go to the PC. I have to try my PC on my 46 " plasma. After I get a better vid card than my 8800GT that is. Two exclusive games on the PS3 that are excellent are Demon's Souls and Big Planet. The 360 has only Fable 2.

NewCasa
10-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Diablo rules ;)

Scoff
11-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Diablo eh? All the old-school rpg'ers tell me to give Diablo a try ... I should do that some day.

A classic is always a classic.

Aion is still keeping me happy :) MMO's can be time-sinks though.