PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 shots given to children at school

Sweet Little Sister
10-26-2009, 10:45 AM
thats what my husband was just told when he called to make an appt for them.
guess we'll wait for the note to come home..

kitca
10-26-2009, 03:35 PM
i just posted in soapbox. i was just on the phone with group health. she said they wwould be in the high schools in the 2nd-3rd week of november. dont know about the elementary. they are not considering children high risk.

ladybug
10-28-2009, 02:02 PM
nothing was said to us this morning about the kids getting the vaccine in school, my husband and I along with our 3 kids are going on Sat. to get our H1N1 shots.

Misschix
10-30-2009, 11:48 AM
my children are having theirs done nov 6th AT school

Jinxs1973
10-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Got 3 permission forms today from school. No where to put NO I do not consent....meh, looks like my kids are staying home Nov.16

Evil Monkey
10-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Got 3 permission forms today from school. No where to put NO I do not consent....meh, looks like my kids are staying home Nov.16

You were obviously not smart enough to read the accompanying letter...LOL

If you do not want your kids to get it you just don't send back the form. So there you go no conspiracy!

lk_wicked
10-31-2009, 07:53 PM
7 year old today at emerg was diagnosed with H1N1. saw it today. mine are all getting vaccinated asap. when questioned by my relatives who are still sitting on the fence, I said, how many people have already died with H1N1? Who are the most targetted high risk groups? Can you really choose to not vaccinate for fear of long term effects, or is the higher short term risk of death more acceptable.?

Sure, I am scared to vaccinate, but I am more afraid of not getting the vaccination. My children have additional high risk factors in addition to their age, like history of bronchitis, pneumonia, crohn's and asthma. So, I can live with the idea that by vaccinating them, I gave them every chance to fight this H1N1 and survive.
I can live with that, as opposed to losing them, and wondering every day for the rest of my life, If I had vaccinated them, would they still be here.

And for the record, we don't get the regular flu shots, but we did get the H1N1 vaccine.

just a thought to share with others who are still sitting on the fence. You dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't. so the question at the end of the day is, what can you live with?