PDA

View Full Version : Canadian B/S ...

Crusty
10-27-2009, 03:39 PM
So who screwed Wishbone out of the Grady gig .... ?

fenderbass
10-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Well it was........I will pm you

fenderbass
10-27-2009, 05:48 PM
It has come to the point that in this town boycotting bands is normal practice...Its a shame..

HBomb
10-28-2009, 08:00 AM
It is a shame.

fenderbass
10-28-2009, 10:03 AM
More I think of it the happier I am that I'm not in the music scene anymore....But I do miss playing.

Fingerbang
10-31-2009, 08:06 PM
So who screwed Wishbone out of the Grady gig .... ?

Gsis Murphy and 2 other regular Canadian bands screwed Wishbone.

Adamantium Productions
11-01-2009, 12:52 PM
wtf? really?

fenderbass
11-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Well the cat is out of the bag now....This is the word on the street

Fingerbang
11-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Yes. Wishbone had the gig and were on the Grady poster with the second band Domenica. Wishbone was doing the show for free.

italiandomino
11-02-2009, 11:25 PM
And this folks is why I avoid the Canadian as much as I can ... all BS there ...

GRUMPY
11-03-2009, 08:49 AM
might be why they do so poorly for concerts

fenderbass
11-03-2009, 10:09 AM
It is to bad...I played there years ago..Won't see me there anymore.

Scoff
11-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I've had the Canadian on my "do not play" list for about 8 years now. Not because of political reasons ... because it's a hole to play.

On a side note ... are we talking about the same owner (Italian Joe), doesn't sound like him to give up a "free" band to get Gsis Murphy who I guarantee wouldn't be doing it for nothing, regardless if them and Joe are "still tight" or not.

A note to Wishbone though ... cut out the "free" gigs. People did free gigs when there was no internet and they wanted exposure. Don't cheapen yourselves and the other musicians around you by playing for free.

Thing is ... here you have an original local band trying to do something and then Gsis takes the show away to possibly do more of their covers. I agree, give a show like that to an original band ... unless Gsis started rejuvenizing some of their late 80's original material from "Midpoint" & "Your Mutha". :p

italiandomino
11-03-2009, 12:20 PM
i have seen GSIS Murphy before .. dont see the big deal in them, a career bar band is all they will ever be.

I seen Wishbone, a co-workers husband is in the band .. very good sounding band. sucks that this happened to them.

Fingerbang
11-03-2009, 10:27 PM
A note to Wishbone though ... cut out the "free" gigs. People did free gigs when there was no internet and they wanted exposure. Don't cheapen yourselves and the other musicians around you by playing for free. :p

From what I understand, Wishbone does gigs for headliners for free and just sells their CD at those shows to get money. Regular shows they got paid for. They have opened for recording artists Brandon Paris band and another one. Sorry name escapes me. Wishbone opened for Grady last year at the Canadian but this time, they had a different drummer. I assume doing an opener for free gives them the best chance to get the booking. It didn't quite work for the Canadian show.

Fingerbang
11-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Some ironic news. Wishbone is scheduled to play the Battle of the Bands contest coming up this Monday and or Tuesday. The winner opens for Kiss at the Essar. I say ironic because this show is being held at the Canadian. Note the title of this thread and it's previous contents to this post ;-) |O| Question: Will they get boycotted again? I hope not. They deserve a shot at it.

The music scene sure is odd in this city isn't it?

fenderbass
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I do think that the music scene is strange in this town..As I have been in and around it for some time now...I don't want to date myself..haha!..But all the bands should get a fair shot at this. And I don't think that all the bands will get a fair shot....To much Bull and some bands think they are the be all of the city..let the arguing begin!!

spinmonkey42
11-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Hey guys..The Canadian is just the venue. This is a ROCK 101 event. And as with any battle of the bands, everyone is going to think they should have won, and there will be all kinds of hard feelings at the end. On a positive note, they got George & Crank Sound to do it, so everyone should sound their absolute best.

Stifflers Mom
11-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Ya know I don't normally get into the middle of these things but I've been playing the bars here in the Sault for 12 years now and yes of course there are situations that will arise that are unfair!!! Come on people it's the entertainment business the whole business is unfair but at the end of the day we all like to rock!!!! So quit complaining and put that anger and frustration into another original tune!!!

Stiffler's Mom has decided to throw their hat into the ring for the Kiss contest and of course we're going to win!!! LOL!!! Let's just go out there and show the Sault how the top bands in this town can rock!!!

Cheers

Greg

RobFRules
11-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey Greg, what day are you guys playing at the Kiss Battle? I'm trying to update lineups on http://saultmetalscene.blogspot.com cause no one's released anything official about them

Stifflers Mom
11-27-2009, 12:38 PM
We are on Monday night!!!

RobFRules
11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks Greg, I'll update the SMS to let everyone know!

Adamantium Productions
11-27-2009, 04:00 PM
well put :D

fenderbass
11-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Like I said before....I hope everyone gets a fair shot at this....