PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 Updates

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 10:11 AM
To Moderators:

As far as I'm concerned, at least one H1N1 thread should be stickied in soapbox as current events and health is far more important than a kiss concert. However, maybe the thread should be only reserved for updates of the H1N1 rather than a mecca for conspiracy theory posters to sabotage.

Had to edit this one so the info doesn't get lost by the good ole' conspiracy theorists

http://www.algomapublichealth.com/Default.aspx?l=,1,2,7,25,741

Flu shot bookings:
•In Sault Ste. Marie, call 541-2332
•In the Algoma district, call 1-800-469-2449
Lines are open Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 10:55 AM
LOL what, cause your fear mongering to get people to get the shot isn't a conspiracy?

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 11:00 AM
LOL what cause you fear mongering to get people to get the shot isn't a conspiracy?
Where in this post do you see fear mongering. I for one am not getting the vaccine. But for those who want to know more info on numbers of H1N1 cases in the area, where can you get the shot if you chose to do so, wait time, etc... is not fear mongering. Get a grip pal

NewCasa
10-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I think it's a good idea Pleiades. And if the mods don't mind keeping an eye on that thread to take out the garbage once in a while it'd be even better.

I also think it would be a good idea for MIB to learn English.

Peety
10-30-2009, 11:06 AM
I think it's a good idea Pleiades. And if the mods don't mind keeping an eye on that thread to take out the garbage once in a while it'd be even better.

I also think it would be a good idea for MIB to learn English.

And manners...

Lance1
10-30-2009, 11:10 AM
I will get the shot but in a week from now it will take 5 min to have it done, not lined up like cattle for hours,I don,t want it that bad.

fenderbass
10-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I got my H1N1 shot on Tuesday...walked in and out in about half hour...I will stick this thread
but don't want to see anymore H1N1 threads

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Here's some info that explains why pregnant women are at higher risk

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/procedure_list/684

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 11:20 AM
http://loveforlife.com.au/content/09/03/13/dr-rebecca-carley-video-vaccines-true-weapons-mass-destruction

Heres one that tell you why its bad

NewCasa
10-30-2009, 11:21 AM
I got my H1N1 shot on Tuesday...walked in and out in about half hour...I will stick this thread

Where'd you go? Do you know the hours? I'm really uninformed about what's available here.

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Where'd you go? Do you know the hours? I'm really uninformed about what's available here.
There's a collaboration between Group Health Centre and Algoma Public Health. You call the Group Health Centre to book in and you get the shot at the Cambrian Mall.

•In Sault Ste. Marie, call 541-2332
•In the Algoma district, call 1-800-469-2449
Lines are open Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 11:26 AM
http://loveforlife.com.au/content/09/03/13/dr-rebecca-carley-video-vaccines-true-weapons-mass-destruction

Yeah, more youtube stuff, whatever. In a sense, what you're posting can also be considered fear mongering as to why they should be afraid to get the shot right? There's a risk with everything. It's up to the people if they want to get the shot or not. From what I've seen so far, nobody is dropping like flies from past or present vaccines.

Evil Monkey
10-30-2009, 11:28 AM
The H1N1 season is in full swing, and so, it appears, is flu vaccine fever.

With the second wave of swine flu now sweeping the nation, to get vaccinated or not is the question all of us are facing, as the vaccine becomes available. According to a new poll, most – 51 per cent of Canadians – are saying thanks but no thanks to the free inoculations now underway.

Despite urging of Health Canada and medical health officers across the country, we’re a cynical bunch who won’t roll up our sleeves for just anyone.

Skepticism of authority and a medical system that can be too cozy with Big Pharma is healthy. So too is a propensity for employing a proactive approach to one’s health – becoming an informed consumer.

But emerging wild-eyed from a session of Internet research is no way to make a calculated decision.

In fact, the H1N1 vaccine myths being perpetuated can do real harm. For instance, you cannot “catch” the flu from the vaccine. It is made from a killed virus that can’t cause the disease. A sore arm at the injection site and a general feeling of fatigue are usually the worst side effects. If a person does fall ill, they were likely infected before they received the vaccination.

This speaks to the myth that the risks of the vaccine are worse than the flu itself. Many people believe autism and Guillian-Barré syndrome are a result of vaccines. But no such link has been proven in Canadian studies.

Perhaps the most dangerous misconception is that the flu is no worse than a bad cold. This is simply untrue. The flu is a serious respiratory illness. Those afflicted are debilitated for days.

And then there are those who have died.

Perhaps after a generation or two of vaccinations that have spared us from various diseases (polio, diphtheria, etc.), the public has grown complacent.

We are also a culture of death deniers – with old age postponed by plastic surgery and the end of life so sanitized and scripted that we almost expect immortality. The facts are, H1N1 is a pandemic flu that is capable of killing the youngest, healthiest among us, and a vaccine deemed safe through clinical trials has made a vaccine available to avoid becoming sick.

Get the shot.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/opinion/67328667.html

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah, more youtube stuff, whatever. In a sense, what you're posting can also be considered fear mongering as to why they should be afraid to get the shot right? There's a risk with everything. It's up to the people if they want to get the shot or not. From what I've seen so far, nobody is dropping like flies from past or present vaccines.

SO its alright to show your risks but not mine HRMMMM thats a nice hypocrisy. Also that video is from youtube but it is a presentation by a leading expert in the field. So cause her presentation was videotaped and put on yourtube it's invalid???? I wonder how all the doctors in the audience feel about that.

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Algoma Public Health Unit Website:

http://www.algomapublichealth.com/Default.aspx?l=,1,2,7,25,741

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 11:34 AM
For instance, you cannot “catch” the flu from the vaccine. It is made from a killed virus that can’t cause the disease. A sore arm at the injection site and a general feeling of fatigue are usually the worst side effects. If a person does fall ill, they were likely infected before they received the vaccination.

Funny that the Nasal vaccine is actually the LIVE virus

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/biologicsbloodvaccines/vaccines/approvedproducts/ucm182406.pdf

Evil Monkey
10-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Funny that the Nasal vaccine is actually the LIVE virus

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/biologicsbloodvaccines/vaccines/approvedproducts/ucm182406.pdf

Even funnier that it was not approved for use in Canada so what's your point?

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 11:37 AM
It will be don't worry, they didn't test this one so whats another

NewCasa
10-30-2009, 11:38 AM

Could we maybe have two? I think we need a second thread called H1N1 Conspiracies and Antivirus Paranoia. And a rule that there be no conspiracy crap posted in this thread - it's a real waste of real estate and it detracts from the seriousness of the situation.

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 11:38 AM
SO its alright to show your risks but not mine HRMMMM thats a nice hypocrisy. Also that video is from youtube but it is a presentation by a leading expert in the field. So cause her presentation was videotaped and put on yourtube it's invalid???? I wonder how all the doctors in the audience feel about that.
Once again, please READ what I have posted. Where do you see hypocricy? Nowhere did I say it's wrong to post why it's bad, however, you're using youtube postings once again which we all know how people take that seriously. In the end, you can post whatever you wish and people will decide for themselves whether they want the shot or not. H1N1 and other seasonal illnesses are among us, it doesn't mean we all have to be naive and not educate ourselves on how to stay healthy. If you don't believe in the shot and choose not to get one, fine, but let's keep in mind we still have to take precautionary measures to stay healthy.

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 11:42 AM
It will be don't worry, they didn't test this one so whats another
There's plenty of postings in health and wellness where you can post all of your conspiracy theories. My idea for this thread was to keep people updated on current events here and now on the H1N1 for those who chose to do so.

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Once again, please READ what I have posted. Where do you see hypocricy? Nowhere did I say it's wrong to post why it's bad, however, you're using youtube postings once again which we all know how people take that seriously. In the end, you can post whatever you wish and people will decide for themselves whether they want the shot or not. H1N1 and other seasonal illnesses are among us, it doesn't mean we all have to be naive and not educate ourselves on how to stay healthy. If you don't believe in the shot and choose not to get one, fine, but let's keep in mind we still have to take precautionary measures to stay healthy.

I love how cause its on YOUTUBE ITS BAD. GO look at the credentials of the lady speaking. OH YEAH you just assumed it's on youtube its bad. There are alot of good things on yourtube (unless they are posted by Jinx) informational things. So just arguing that its on youtube and bad is a terrible argument

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 11:48 AM
I love how cause its on YOUTUBE ITS BAD. GO look at the credentials of the lady speaking. OH YEAH you just assumed it's on youtube its bad. There are alot of good things on yourtube (unless they are posted by Jinx) informational things. So just arguing that its on youtube and bad is a terrible argument
So how is what you have just mentioned useful information for people who want to know the number of H1N1 cases in the area? Once again, plenty of postings in health and wellness for your conspiracy theories.

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 11:54 AM
same reason this thread should be in health

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Funny have you noticed that anyone who goes against the mainstream is called a quack.

Evil Monkey
10-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Funny have you noticed that anyone who goes against the mainstream is called a quack.

It is because main stream is real, credible, researched, qualified and educated information. Wish I could say the same for your posts!:smile:

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Most people come to soapbox, so that's the logical reason why I thought it would be a great idea to keep updates of the H1N1 here as a sticky for information purposes only, not to cause fear and panic, also, not to be sabotaged by conspiracy theorists.

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 11:59 AM
And you actually thought people would leave it at that!! :confused:

This thread should be in the health section with the rest of them, no reason why it couldn't be a sticky there..

If anyone wants to read about flu or sickness, that is where they should be looking, and most have enough of a brain to figure that one out!!

As for other threads to do with music, etc. they should also be put where they belong, if not just obliterate all the sections and put everything in the soapbox and mix it up like a dog's breakfast.
Well, duh, of course not, this is soonet, lol
Now that the conspiracy theorists have made their way, people will just have to filter out the garbage is all

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 12:05 PM
It is because main stream is real, credible, researched, qualified and educated information. Wish I could say the same for your posts!:smile:

ACtually the mainstream is the people with the money to push an agenda. You think CNN reports the truth LOL. Check the news from other countries and see how different it is. We just get smacked with the same news over and over cause all the news channels are owned by the same companies

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Well, duh, of course not, this is soonet, lol
Now that the conspiracy theorists have made their way, people will just have to filter out the garbage is all

You know dude, I dont want anyone to gethurt over this. But when they do I'm glad I'm on the right side. How are you going to feel when this untested vaccine ends up hurting people like the one in the 1970's

Evil Monkey
10-30-2009, 12:08 PM
ACtually the mainstream is the people with the money to push an agenda. You think CNN reports the truth LOL. Check the news from other countries and see how different it is. We just get smacked with the same news over and over cause all the news channels are owned by the same companies

You seem to have a fascination with CNN and I just wanted to clear up your misconception of me and CNN. I do not even know what channel CNN broadcasts from.

So you are not trying to push your agenda with your non credible and knowledge lacking statements?

Pleiades
10-30-2009, 12:12 PM
You know dude, I dont want anyone to gethurt over this. But when they do I'm glad I'm on the right side. How are you going to feel when this untested vaccine ends up hurting people like the one in the 1970's
LMAO, ok sure, let's put all the blame on little old me. You might've missed one of my postings, but, I'll repeat it again since people have a hard time to read english. I for one am not getting the vaccine, it is my choice, for people who chose to do so, it is their choice. I don't see people dropping like flies from past flu vaccines and current vaccines. Like everything else in life, there are risks, dude...

NewCasa
10-30-2009, 12:19 PM

Go read the release decision. The vaccine was tested, but the tests were limited due to time constraints in getting the antivirus out to distribution. Check your facts before you propogate your bullcrap ok?

gizmoguy
10-30-2009, 12:29 PM

Dude...

Seriously...

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/carley.html

I particularly like the part where they discuss how she has referred to herself as "Ghandi with breasts" and likened herself to Joan of Arc.

fenderbass
10-30-2009, 01:45 PM

Got my shot done at the Cambrian mall Tuesday..3:45 no line walked in and got the shot and waited the 15mins and went home..

Koss
10-30-2009, 03:04 PM
just a note of what's going on in the Ukraine and it's national state of emergency. An unidentified flu virus is running amok over there. Too early too tell , but one theory is that this is a mutated form of H1N1. H1N1 is not overly deadly but very contagious, there is great fear that if someone already carrying the H5N1 (bird flu - deadly but not contagious to humans) then caught H1N1 it could mutate bringin the worst of each others traits into one new strain. That probably isn't happening though - but the Ukraine did have an outbreak of Bird Flu over the summer.

http://zik.com.ua/en/news/2009/10/29/202374

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 03:59 PM
get in line early for this vaccine guys

SSMP
10-30-2009, 04:06 PM
It seems the Soo doesn't suck at everything.

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2009/10/30/11575101-sun.html

NewCasa
10-30-2009, 04:16 PM
get in line early for this vaccine guys

Nah we can just call for appointments - haven't you heard?

TheManInBlack
10-30-2009, 05:24 PM
yeah as everyone says, good luck getting throuhg on the line

lk_wicked
10-31-2009, 08:55 PM
7 year old today at emerg was diagnosed with H1N1. saw it today. mine are all getting vaccinated asap. when questioned by my relatives who are still sitting on the fence, I said, how many people have already died with H1N1? Who are the most targetted high risk groups? Can you really choose to not vaccinate for fear of long term effects, or is the higher short term risk of death more acceptable.?

Sure, I am scared to vaccinate, but I am more afraid of not getting the vaccination. My children have additional high risk factors in addition to their age, like history of bronchitis, pneumonia, crohn's and asthma. So, I can live with the idea that by vaccinating them, I gave them every chance to fight this H1N1 and survive.
I can live with that, as opposed to losing them, and wondering every day for the rest of my life, If I had vaccinated them, would they still be here.

And for the record, we don't get the regular flu shots, but we did get the H1N1 vaccine.

just a thought to share with others who are still sitting on the fence. You dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't. so the question at the end of the day is, what can you live with?

lk_wicked
10-31-2009, 09:03 PM
update: got our vaccines done in the cambrian mall, in the wecare walk in clinic right across from the shoppers drug mart. no appointments needed. monday wednesday and fridays. we went at 9 am friday, and were done by 9:20 am. NO APPOINTMENTS NEEDED. need I say more. the group health center injection clinic is dishing out over 1300 h1n1 injections a day. pretty sure your wait time will be long.
most of the schools that are giving the injections to the students is later in november. I did not want to wait that long.

Jinxs1973
11-01-2009, 12:03 AM
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091031/Swine_Clinic_091031/20091031?hub=Toronto

Ya better hurry and get your vax here while it's still free....
Good luck

<oh my, it's not a youtube link.....maybe, just maybe it may be credible.....hahaha>

NewCasa
11-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Jinx please get your damned paranoia off this thread.

MIB - I got through twice on the appointment line. Both times took me less than ten tries.

Pleiades
11-01-2009, 02:53 AM
It seems the Soo doesn't suck at everything.

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2009/10/30/11575101-sun.html
Good stuff. I posted this link on another thread, only to be buried and lost by the conspiracy theorists, lol

Pleiades
11-01-2009, 02:54 AM
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091031/Swine_Clinic_091031/20091031?hub=Toronto

Ya better hurry and get your vax here while it's still free....
Good luck sheeple!!

<oh my, it's not a youtube link.....maybe, just maybe it may be credible.....hahaha>
It seems jinx is a conspiracy theorist sheeple??

Jinxs1973
11-01-2009, 10:28 AM
It seems jinx is a conspiracy theorist sheeple??

Funny how my original post was removed for what? A Toronto website. hmmmmm This was put in H1N1 updates, really no paranoia here. Just more news. So now who is the conspiracy theorist? Maybe the one the ones who want to be in control.

Fyre
11-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Funny how my original post was removed for what? A Toronto website. hmmmmm This was put in H1N1 updates, really no paranoia here. Just more news. So now who is the conspiracy theorist? Maybe the one the ones who want to be in control.

Was that one or two bowls of crazy this morning for breakfast?

NewCasa
11-01-2009, 10:33 AM

Jinx after posting so many lilnks to conspiracy crap you actually expect people to be reading new links from you before deleting them? Get real.

Barry Morris
11-01-2009, 10:51 AM
CBC had a major medical guy tell us that all at risk would be vaccinated within two weeks, that everyone in the country who wanted it would be taken care of by Christmas and that Canada was doing the best among all the nations working on the problem. And STILL the reporter went on about the "crisis".

Jinxs1973
11-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Copied For Educational Purposes Only.

Private clinic says it will vaccinate general public

Updated: Sat Oct. 31 2009 8:07:17 PM

ctvtoronto.ca

A private clinic in Toronto which has faced criticism for providing paying clients with swine flu vaccinations says it will now open up its immunizations to the general public free of charge.

Representatives from the Medcan clinic told CTV News Toronto Saturday that they would ask Toronto Public Health on Sunday to begin referring high-risk patients to their downtown offices.

It wasn't immediately clear when non-paying patients would start arriving at Medcan's office, which is located in the heart of the city's financial district.

The clinic said on Friday that its high-risk customers have been able to access the vaccine without lineups, even receiving valet parking.

However, to be added to the clinic's list of 40,000 clients and receive the shot, customers must first undergo a "comprehensive assessment" which costs $2,300 and is not covered by OHIP, a spokesperson from the clinic said.

In recent days, Torontonians have become increasingly frustrated with the city's public vaccination facilities. On Saturday, hundreds of people waiting for shots at two centres were sent home because demand was too large.

Lineups stretched into the thousands and many people waited in the rain for hours only to be turned away empty handed.

Meanwhile, Ontario Health Minister Deb Matthews says she will review the practice of allowing private clinics to administer the swine flu vaccine for patients who pay in advance.

Matthews' comments came in an interview with CTV Toronto's Paul Bliss Saturday evening. She also said that the clinic's operations would be reviewed by government officials once the rush for vaccines had subsided.

Medcan applied early for the doses and received about 3,000 of them from Toronto Public Health. If new clients are deemed to be in the high-risk group, they can then be immunized without waiting in line. They even receive valet parking.

The distribution of the vaccine was left to local public health offices across the province, which may explain why some family doctors have the vaccine while others do not, CTV Toronto's John Musselman reported.

Though Medcan has said that only high-risk patients have been immunized, NDP Leader Andrea Horwath decried the vaccinations so far completed as unfair.

Health officials are also warning that they do not know how many doses the city will receive in coming weeks.

In the meantime, only high risk patients will be given the vaccination. High risk groups are described as the following:

* pregnant women
* children between six months and five years of age
* people under age 65 with chronic conditions
* caregivers
* health-care workers

With a report from CTV Toronto's Austin Delaney

Private companies are going to charge $2300 for a shot that is supposed to be free?

tired-n-cranky
11-01-2009, 12:25 PM
You don't get it do you.

Firstly, your other post was deleted because it was insulting and argumentative.

Secondly, the $2300 cost is to become a patient of said private clinic, NOT FOR THE SHOT!

I would assume someone like you would know how to read.

NewCasa
11-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Jinx, you need to read your own articles (and maybe stop spamming this thread with them too). They are not charging $2300 for the shot, they are charging $2300 for an initial evaluation to join the clinic. The shot is free. Also, I get the idea that Deb Matthews is considering investigating this sort of thing.

In any case, it sounds like Toronto is dealing with very badly. They could learn a lot from how the Sault is doing things.

Fyre
11-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Jinx- Your membership to this private BBS is a privilege, not a right. If you want to be heard, make a sign and take to the streets to practice your freedom of speech.

NewCasa
11-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Um ,,,, my brother lives in T.O and he's the one that linked it to me. My post was deleted and Soonet will be contacted. You people on here think this is a game or something? Due diligence. The mods better contact Soonet or Vianet and ask them what constitutes BREACH OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I have posted nothing illegal or lies. I have broken no rules or laws. It is against the law to stop me from posting NEWS. Mods better start doing their jobs(DON"T DELETE POSTS) I will be contacting Soonet.

Freedom of speech only applies to government censorship. Soonet is a private business. They own your posts and can do what they like with them. Read the membership agreement. Reading really does seem to be in short supply with you Jinx. A little diligence on YOUR part might be helpful to us all.

Also, you might want to check where you stand in terms of personal liability should someone die from taking your advice. Personally, I don't know where you'd stand in that event, but you can be assured if it were anyone I knew I would not hesitate for a second to persue the matter and find out. You are right Jinx, this IS serious business.

Huggy85
11-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I personally think that, with H1N1 being a concern to everyone in the Sault, having a sticky for H1N1 updates is a great idea. Obviously the management of this board thinks so as well, thus the sticky.

Too bad this potentially very worthwhile and informative thread gets hijacked for the purposes of spreading fear and lunatic conspiracy theories.

Can we please stick to facts that will be helpful to local readers here!

NewCasa
11-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I think we should all get together and vote Jinx off the island.

official soonet pu$$ycat
11-01-2009, 02:17 PM
First off, Hans you're the man!. As for H1N1, if you decide to get it. Great. If you don't. Great.

Jinxs1973
11-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Here is something for anyone who is debating the shot. It is a great read for ALL CANADIANS to read.

http://littlemountainhomeopathy.wordpress.com/2009/10/26/five-swine-flu-vaccine-deaths-and-over-190-h1n1-vaccine-side-effects-so-far/

Six Swine Flu Vaccine Deaths and Hundreds of Debilitating H1N1 Vaccine Side Effects

Little is known about the side effects of the brand new swine flu vaccine. Here in North America, vaccinations have only recently gotten underway. Many Europeans, however, have already received the vaccine, because the approval process for the vaccine was speedier in many European countries compared to Canada and the US. So one must look to the Europeans to see what potential side effects one can expect if one is considering the vaccination.

official soonet pu$$ycat
11-01-2009, 03:09 PM

tired-n-cranky
11-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Jinxs1973 : Read our membership agreement and rules, which you have accepted. You do not pay for this service, so it is a priviledge, NOT a right.

Continuing to threaten any member or mods of this site will result in your account being banned/revoked.

Choose your actions wisely.

Jinxs1973
11-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
Very long video but very informative.

Pandemic Influenza: Science, Economics, and Foreign Policy: Session One: The Science (Video)
Speakers: Arnold Monto, Professor, Epidemiology, University of Michigan
Peter Palese, Professor and Chair, Microbiology; and Professor of Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Lone Simonsen, Research Professor and Research Director, Department of Global Health, George Washington University
Presider: Jon Cohen, Correspondent, Science Magazine

October 16, 2009
Conference Panel Session: Pandemic Influenza: Science, Economics, and Foreign Policy: The Science
Symposium: Pandemic Influenza: Science, Economics, and Foreign Policy

This session was part of a CFR symposium, Pandemic Influenza: Science, Economics, and Foreign Policy, which was cosponsored with Science Magazine.

http://www.cfr.org/publication/20439/pandemic_influenza.html?breadcrumb=%2Feducators%2F multimedia%3Fgroupby%3D3%26%3D%26filter%3D2009%26p age%3D2

Pleiades
11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Here's a link with real credible researchers with real results and not from some crackpot conspiracy theorists who think the whole world is going to die.

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_synopsis/342?section=synopsis

H1N1 Facts
• 88 percent of H1N1 flu deaths have occurred in people under the age of 65
• 53 percent of H1N1 hospitalizations are people under the age of 25
• A disproportionate amount of pregnant women are affected by H1N1
• H1N1 flu can lead to viral or bacterial pneumonia, which can be fatal
• A flu virus can survive on surfaces up to eight hours, which is why it's so important to wash your hands often

"There's no way to predict who is going to get a severe case and who is not," pediatrician Dr. Jim Sears says.

Pleiades
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
H1N1 Flu myths that some people who post here will refuse to accept even when I personally tell them that no one is being forced to take the vaccine where I work either. This link is for the U.S. but the same goes for Canada as well.

http://thedoctorstv.com/main/procedure_list/679

Huggy85
11-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Ontario H1N1 case map - updated daily showing the number of confirmed cases per region

http://thestar.blogs.com/maps/2009/06/map-of-the-week-h1n1-in-ontario.html

Jinxs1973
11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Gary Null Speaking Out at the NYS Assembly Hearing | 10-13-2009 | (part 1 of 3)
http://www.youtube.com/user/GaryNullTV#p/a/964B3E6C0465D14C/0/y3XlJB7J5-o

HDV
11-03-2009, 12:55 PM
My wife daughter who is 16 months and myself received our H1N1 needle last evening. We are all ok and the one issue we have had is a sore arm at the injection site. My wife was very iffy about getting our daughter done but now she is glad that she did.
Too many people and especially children are getting this flu and children are dying. I recommenced everyone get this shot but its a personal decision.

italiandomino
11-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Why are my posts getting Deleted ?

TheManInBlack
11-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Heres an interesting video of a meeting of the CFR talking about how to get people in to get the shot since so many are not

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=23a_1257107005

Shanny
11-04-2009, 11:23 AM
I think its to the point now that its completely up to each and every individual no matter what some think, everyone is going to do wht they think is best.

tired-n-cranky
11-04-2009, 12:01 PM
My wife daughter who is 16 months and myself received our H1N1 needle last evening. We are all ok and the one issue we have had is a sore arm at the injection site. My wife was very iffy about getting our daughter done but now she is glad that she did.
Too many people and especially children are getting this flu and children are dying. I recommenced everyone get this shot but its a personal decision.

I sure hope that you fall into the High Risk catagory, because that is the only ones who are supposed to be getting it right now.

High risk is defined as, and only as:

◦Persons with chronic conditions under the age of 65
◦Pregnant women
◦Children 6 months to less than 5 years of age
◦Persons living in remote and isolated settings or communities
◦Health care workers (all health care system workers involved with the pandemic response or delivery of essential health services
◦Household contacts and care providers of persons at high risk who cannot be immunized or may not respond to vaccines.

If you don't fall into that, and got it, with the shortage, you have taken it away from someone who is in that catagory.

TheManInBlack
11-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I sure hope that you fall into the High Risk catagory, because that is the only ones who are supposed to be getting it right now.

◦Pregnant women
◦Health care workers (all health care system workers involved with the pandemic response or delivery of essential health services
◦Household contacts and care providers of persons at high risk who cannot be immunized or may not respond to vaccines.

If you don't fall into that, and got it, with the shortage, you have taken it away from someone who is in that catagory.

Its a false Shortage they are still making appointment for people everyday. They are just scaring people into thinking they need to get it now cause there is a shortage of the vaccine to cause urgency

NewCasa
11-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Its a false Shortage they are still making appointment for people everyday. They are just scaring people into thinking they need to get it now cause there is a shortage of the vaccine to cause urgency

Ahhh...more utube research. Fascinating.

HDV
11-04-2009, 12:42 PM

◦Pregnant women

Im assuming you did not read sootodays article where it said this;

;Although most of this week’s clinics were booked for high-risk we had opened the bookings toward the end of the week to general bookings which would have allowed some lower-risk bookings as well as the high-risk.

Because of our small excess of vaccine we can honour those bookings."

http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=42588

we booked our appointment way before they announced the shortage. My daughter is in that category, and so am i. If there was a issue with us getting our shot they would of denied us. I dont feel i took away form someone else. i feel i protected my family and that is what is important to me. Sorry if that sounds offensive. But I will protect my family before I will protect some stranger.
There will be more shots coming soon.

TheManInBlack
11-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Ahhh...more utube research. Fascinating.

Actually, they announced on the radio before the vaccine came that they had 60000 doses of the vaccine delivered. I find it hard to belive that 60000 people were given the vaccine in 2 weeks

gizmoguy
11-04-2009, 02:23 PM
http://www.healthzone.ca/health/newsfeatures/swineflu/article/720794--cocoa-krispies-won-t-save-you-from-h1n1?bn=1

It's particularly sad that some people appear to be out to make money on H1N1 fears.

Even sadder is that for every dollar that they make, there is someone out there who then believes that they are now magically immune because they are taking the right vitamins, herbs or "homeopathic resonance system" (see the Ottawa company in the attached link.)

And people wonder why I cringe every time someone cites natural medicine, homeopathy or herbology as a cure for anything...

NewCasa
11-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Actually, they announced on the radio before the vaccine came that they had 60000 doses of the vaccine delivered. I find it hard to belive that 60000 people were given the vaccine in 2 weeks

Why would you find that hard to believe? 71 per day at 60 clinics would pretty much do it. Do the math.

Jinxs1973
11-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Man suffers life-threatening reaction to swine flu vaccine

Published: 4 Nov 09 08:28 CET
Online: http://www.thelocal.de/national/20091104-23009.html

A 30-year-old in Düsseldorf has been the first German patient to suffer life-threatening health complications from a swine flu vaccination, daily Rheinische Post reported on Wednesday.

Jinxs1973
11-04-2009, 07:47 PM
'Flu rage' erupts in Canada as cases spike and vaccine dwindles

And in Europe, it is believed that four seniors with underlying health issues have died after receiving the Pandemrix vaccine, the one that is similar to Canada's Arepanrix. Neither vaccine has been tested on children under 18 years, people over 60 years of age, pregnant women and people with health conditions.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/281345

Jinxs1973
11-04-2009, 08:47 PM
CFR Recording Suggests Creating False Scarcity To Drive Up Demand For H1N1 Vaccine
Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Tuesday, Nov 3, 2009
A recording of a recent Council On Foreign Relations symposium reveals attendees discussing ways and means of getting the public to take the H1N1 flu vaccine in spite of the mass resistance that has arisen due to questions over it’s safety.

The recording dates from October 16 when the CFR held a Symposium in New York entitled Pandemic Influenza: Science, Economics, and Foreign Policy.
http://www.cfr.org/project/1442/cfr_symposium_on_pandemic_influenza.html

The meeting was held in order to encourage a consensus for policy to present to the federal government concerning the so called swine flu pandemic.

In attendance were professors and doctors from several influential universities and medical schools, along with media representatives from Science Magazine, The Canadian Press and The Financial Times.

Other notable attendees included Robert E. Rubin, Former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury and current Co-Chair of the CFR, along with John Lange, Senior Program Officer of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Global Health Program.

During part of the discussion (see transcript)http://www.cfr.org/publication/20442/session_i_of_a_council_on_foreign_relations_sympos ium_on_pandemic_influenza.html
on whether or not the vaccine should be made mandatory for health workers and school children, Lone Simonsen, Research Professor and Research Director at the Department of Global Health, George Washington University, suggests creating an artificial scarcity in order to ramp up demand for the vaccine.

“I think what would work better would be to say that there was a shortage and people tend to buy more of something that’s in demand. (Laughter.) We saw that — there was one season where, really, people lined up all night to get a flu shot.” Simonsen says, much to the amusement of the other attendees at the symposium.

The entire recording is on the CFR website here http://www.cfr.org/publication/20439/pandemic_influenza.html, but an edited version appears in the following short video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImeSieEZDdU&feature=player_embedded

HDV
11-05-2009, 11:00 AM
What people need to understand is that we do not have the dame vaccine as the USA, ours is the European one. There is a big difference. So when you hear of all these tragic story's in the USA don't fear for yourself, ours is NOT the same. It has different ingredients. Canada is more careful about these things then USA. We have higher standards.
And I was watching the news last night, all those of you who are worried about running out there is 1.8 million more vaccines coming next week.

Fyre
11-05-2009, 11:35 AM
What people need to understand is that we do not have the dame vaccine as the USA, ours is the European one. There is a big difference. So when you hear of all these tragic story's in the USA don't fear for yourself, ours is NOT the same. It has different ingredients. Canada is more careful about these things then USA. We have higher standards.

Can you prove any of these claims? Ahem, without using a YouTube link?

Jinxs1973
11-05-2009, 11:46 AM
And I was watching the news last night, all those of you who are worried about running out there is 1.8 million more vaccines coming next week.

Canada is using Arepanrix(A.K.A PANDEMRIX) it states it right on the Health Canada website and in the Product Info Leaflet.

NewCasa
11-05-2009, 12:00 PM

We don't need to prove anything - we're Canadian. Sheesh. ;)

Fyre
11-05-2009, 12:02 PM
We don't need to prove anything - we're Canadian. Sheesh. ;)

Oh right, pardon the silly American for asking! :P

NewCasa
11-05-2009, 12:03 PM
You're pardoned. But only because us Canadians are so darned polite.

Shanny
11-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm seriously annoyed hearing about this and seeing it everywhere I go, for the last 3 days I have had a massive head ache (but goes away with Tylenol) and some conjestion in my chest. I have been at work every day! Should I Have missed 3 days of work because of feeling a little under teh whether? Or have I now infected everyone from gonig to work liek this! Its crazy.

HDV
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM

Youtube..blah..garbage. Im just going by what our local news has said.

Fyre
11-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Youtube..blah..garbage. Im just going by what our local news has said.

So you don't have a credible link?

tippikitty
11-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Is there a lot of people in the City that have this H1N1? I think it's going to be a long winter. My niece was just diagnosed with it. I am at very high risk because of health issues but cannot have the shot. I hope the media is just making a big deal out of it. I don't want to be stuck in the house all winter.

SSMguy2009
11-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I have the swine flu. You'll recognize me when I cough into your food.

Pleiades
11-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Canada is using Arepanrix(A.K.A PANDEMRIX) it states it right on the Health Canada website and in the Product Info Leaflet.
How is it that you are still spamming useless junk when the end of mankind was suppose to be October 24th?

SSMguy2009
11-07-2009, 06:31 PM
How is it that you are still spamming useless junk when the end of mankind was suppose to be October 24th?

No, its supposed to be in 2012. We have to wait until then to say "I told you so"

Pleiades
11-08-2009, 08:33 PM
No, its supposed to be in 2012. We have to wait until then to say "I told you so"
You must've missed his other posts because he was preaching to everybody that on October 24th Obama was to be assassinated and everything was going to blow up, we are now in November. lol

PwRjinjin
11-13-2009, 08:49 AM
y2k will kill us all!
Watch for falling rocks, (giant death meteors)
JFK goes down, we all go down.
The cold war will kill us all.
George bushes war on drugs will work. At least as well as the war on terrorism.
The truth is out there, and it's on utube.