PDA

View Full Version : need appetizer suggestions

Bill Nash
11-02-2009, 12:51 AM
I am throwing a New Year's Party and am looking for some appetizer suggestions. Any new dips, use of seafood, sandwiches, finger food, hot or cold, etc. would be appreciated.

BrAt
11-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Dressing Bacon Balls

Prepare dressing (as you would to have with turkey dinner). Shape into balls and wrap with 1/2 slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Place balls on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray.

Cook at 375 for about 35 minutes or until bacon is crispy.

Delish!! You can make these ahead and toss them back in the oven to heat.

MissMuffett
11-02-2009, 08:12 AM
http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/newyears/new_year_apps.htm

TONS OF RECEIPES ONLINE !!

MaO3
11-02-2009, 08:13 AM
This summer we got hooked on this.

Baked Brie with Sundried Tomatoe's

450 gr or larger Brie Cheese
2 tsp of Gourmet Village - Sundried Tomato Dip Mix
1/4 cup of chopped Sundried tomatoe's in oil
1/3 cup of Amaretto

You place a whole Large brie cheese, in an oven proof pan - thats approximately the same size. Score the top of the cheese, add some of the spice mix, some cut up sundried tomatoes, and the amaretto.

Bake until the cheese becomes semi-liquidified, serve with a variety of crackers.
the best are crackers with little flavour - like wheat thins or water crackers.
OH MY GOODNESS is it good.

MaO3
11-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Another nice and really easy one is Bacon wrapped water chestnuts

2 cans of water chestnuts - drained and well rinsed.
1 lb of bacon - cut in half
toothpicks
1 bottle of Dianna's sauce - I like the Chicken and rib
1/2 honey
soya sauce.

I like to partially cook the bacon in the microwave because it takes too long otherwise.

Cook bacon (if desired) a few slices at a time on paper towel in the microwave. Only cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.

Wrap each waterchestnut with a slice of bacon, secure with toothpick
place in a 9 x 13 pan.

Mix Dianna's sauce, honey and a few dashes of soya sauce together in a bowl till well combined.
Pour over wrapped waterchestnuts
Bake in a 350 over about 40 minutes or until bacon is cooked.
Serve hot.

heintzman
11-04-2009, 07:28 PM
this one is so easy, but everyone always seem to enjoy them.
Melba rounds
grated mozzeralla
mayo

mix enough mayo into mozza to make it stick together and be pliable
put a spoonful ontop of each round
put under broiler till cheese is melted and slightly browned.

thats it,,, try it, let me know what u think!
just thought i would add , that i came upon this recipe while working as a maid for some rich Americans during my teenage yrs. ,, at their cottage,, this was served at their cocktail parties.

HDV
11-05-2009, 10:15 AM
My wife and her mother make this crab dip ting that is really really good here is the recipe.

1 -2 packs of cream cheese
1 jar of seafood sauce
1 can of shredded crab meat
1 box of sociable crackers preferably or whatever you perfer.

Let cheese get to room temperature so it is easy to spread out, take a round plate/platter, spread the cream cheese over the bottm till plate is covered, take the seafood sauce and spread it over the CC, the sprinkle the crab meat till the sauce.CC is covered in it.
You put crackers around it or in a bowl and people scoop out the dip with the cracker. It is really really good. Always the first thing to go at partys. if you have alot of people you should always make a extra one cause they will be asking for more :).