PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Borders

GenX
07-17-2007, 03:55 PM
"In a month, on August 20 and 21, the leaders of the United States, Canada, and Mexico will sit down together in Montebello, Quebec, to discuss making the borders between these three nations disappear. They will discuss progress on a vast highway project passing through America to link Mexico with Canada."

Full Text (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/viewstory.asp?Page=/Commentary/archive/200707/COM20070717a.html)

07-17-2007, 04:17 PM
John Manley was sitting on this tri-lateral committee back when Cretien was still King. It's the expansion of NAFTA -can anyone actually say they are surprised (authorship of the link aside).

I think the big super highway idea is just a way to funnel the Mexicans through the US all the way into Canada /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The Berean
07-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Make it easier with a highway and harder with passports?? And the US still hardnosed in trade disputes?

I wont hold my breath that open borders will work with the USA in the middle.

GenX
07-17-2007, 04:24 PM
You could always go just the Mexico/Canada route, which would make you as big as, oh let's say Chile, with the U.S. in the middle.

Hans
07-17-2007, 05:41 PM
But Mexican trucks are not allowed on US highways due to safety regulations. They have to drop off their loads, I believe no further then 20 km outwards from the Mexican border, where their loads get hooked up by Teamsters to be further transferred to their final destination.
So I am kind off confused as to your statement Speedy ...?

KDawg
07-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Pat Buchanan has been talking about this for over a year:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As author Jerome Corsi describes this Fox-Bush autobahn, container ships from China would unload at Lazaro Cardenas, a port named for the Mexican president who nationalized all U.S. oil companies in 1938. From there, trucks with Mexican drivers would run fast lines into the United States, hauling their cargo to a U.S. customs inspection terminal -- in Kansas City, Mo. From there, the trucks would fan out across America or roll on into Canada. Similar super-highways from Mexico through the United States into Canada are planned. </div></div>

link (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/column.aspx?UrlTitle=the_nafta_super_highway&ns=PatrickJBuchanan&dt=08/29/2006&page=full&comments=true)