PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2

mboy67
11-04-2009, 01:09 AM
This game is being boycotted by most of the PC community Myself included until they have dedicated servers.

mboy67
11-04-2009, 01:16 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition-sign.html

there is the petition for the change. 179236 Total Signatures

mboy67
11-06-2009, 01:25 AM
I'm sorry but I will not buy the game for on line play of servers limited to 18 players max. also with a limit of who and where I play. If your nothing but a xbox 360 or PS3 owner then this is business as usual but for a avid PC gamer this is a total let down of epic proportions. I will save my money for BF3 do out next year.

tired-n-cranky
11-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I was going to go for the MW2 edition with the night vision goggles collectible.

But then I found out no clan servers, no mods, no communit maps.. forget it.

filthy
11-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Ya no doubt, no dedicated servers with a $59.99 price tag...screw that. I can safely say that as I have new Foo Fighters and Nirvana for Rock Band and I'm right into Borderlands on the PC. Plus Drake's 2 still to go. I'd be more frantic if I had nothing to play right now...lol.

mboy67
11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Found this posted on another forum.

‘An officer is used to certain things’ thought Captain Rupert Horsechesterton as he sat in the mess tent, toying with the unappetizing grey sludge on his plate – ‘we have certain expectations connected to our rank, and these are things we’ve earned with hard work and loyalty to our cause’

‘We like to have a dedicated server – a man who brings us what we want in the mess hall. We like to be able to choose what we eat, and the order in which we eat it. We like to be able to choose a favorite table, sit at it when we want and get rid of any riff-raff if they sit next to us. All of this is only available when a man has a dedicated server working for him in the mess tent. A dedicated server is a great thing – he turns an ordinary meal time into a pleasurable, unique and privileged experience. A man is willing to pay a little for that privilege’.

The captain stared out of the window of the tent onto the pock-marked battlefield and continued his melancholy soliloquy ‘Things have changed recently. Meal times have lost their special appeal. New mess tents spring up on the battlefield that only have a buffet. We can’t even choose which dishes we eat. The officer’s table has been replaced by lines and lines of benches. A man doesn’t know who he’s going to be sitting next to, and we can't get rid of riff raff if they sit next to us. More and more of these tents are phasing out dedicated servers. Is this the modern way of making warfare?’

Suddenly angered and inspired by his internal monologue, the Captain got up from his bench, tossed his plate of grey buffet food aside and thrust his fist in the air in a mark of steely defiance.

"I will not take this anymore. I don’t need to eat here! I will take my meals the old-fashioned way! I will choose a mess tent with dedicated servers!"

With that he took his sword, put Monty on his shoulder, and strode out of the tent into the fresh morning air.

Found it on the frontpage of Battlefieldheroes

mboy67
11-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Live Chat Session - Transcript

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Live-Chat-Session-Transcript/td-p/67692

Upper Decker
11-07-2009, 04:41 PM
im sure glad that i decided to get left 4 dead 2 instead of this. The whole fun of CODWAW were the few clan servers i played on regularly.

DeleteAccout
11-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Played the campaign when I got home after the midnight release, and beat it on Hardened. Took approximately 5 hours or so. Absolutely AMAZING story, and verry well put together. Graphics were top knotch. There are a few parts in the game where veteran will be exremely challenging. When you get there you'll understand why.

I must say though, there are so many twists in the game that you will get lost if you dont pay attention. Don't skip cut scenes.

All in all, I give the campaign gameplay a 10/10

Sepc ops I give a 9/10 mainly because some missions are just weird, and kind of useless.

Online multiplayer, is weird. It's almost NOTHING like COD4. It's extremely fast paced. Sniping, is almost dead. There is virtually nowhere to sit, snipe, and camp. Every place you go has multiple routes to get there making it virtually impossible to watch your back. Now, you need to go from level 1 - 70, so prestiging comes with a heavy price. Points are awarded to you for almost anything now though. Making the first 30 levels go by in a flash. Recovering from a death streak awards you bonus points, killing someone who is on a streak and so forth.

One really cool thing that Im still working on though is a 25 kill streak. Theres a killstreak you can open that is a nuclear bomb. Once you get the 25 kill streak, and use the nuke, even if you're losing, it obliterates the map, kills everyone and everything, and you win :)

All in all, multiplayer gets a 10/10 also. Comparative to COD4 though, I'd have to give it an 8/10. It's in a league all its own now.

mercifulpenguin
11-12-2009, 12:16 AM
every friend on my friends list is playing this game, whenever i'm on, i think they look at me playing peggle and laugh

General Lee
11-12-2009, 06:25 AM
its a sick game the online is great

Scoff
11-13-2009, 11:45 AM
FPS's ....

/yawn

My buddy brought it over and we played for 15 mins before I got bored with this, he was in his glory though.

I thought MAYBE, this could be a FPS/Console game worth trying.

Ultra54
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
It sure looks a lot better than Modern Warfare 1.

Chrylon
12-01-2009, 09:12 PM
although there is no dedicated servers and crap it's still a fun game. the lack of sniping maps disappoints me though

DeleteAccout
12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
This game is SO fast paced. Its impossible to pop a squat with a sniper rifle and collect a killstreak. The killcams put a damper on the ability to do that too.

Running and gunning is prett ymuch your only option :(

I miss sniping. All in all though, the game is enjoyable. Almost on my 3rd prestige (8 levels to go or so) from running around like an idiot and picking the new kids off