PDA

View Full Version : Blue Rodeo

starterwiz
11-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Once again they're coming to the Essar.
Go here RIGHT NOW to get your pre-sale tickets, or get 'em Friday the 13th at 10:00am at Essar.
http://www.bluerodeo.com/Store/Category.aspx?id=Tickets
Show is in April, bur I guess they need the $$ now for to buy Christmas presents.
They were very good last time, the nicest sound I've heard in the Essar yet.
Cheers

Evil Monkey
11-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Who??

$Spendbender$
11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
guess..

Evil Monkey
11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
guess..

I am guessing that there will be no need for a pre sale here as this band will not sell out and no commotion will be made about not enough tickets or resellers.

NewCasa
11-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Who??

Evil Monkey
11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Who??

Exactly!!

starterwiz
11-09-2009, 04:38 PM
First time I saw them at White Pines, I fell asleep lol. You know it's easy listening when...
But they are still an excellent band, and can actually play more than 3 chords. I know, I know!...that's too many notes for most folks to handle.
And it just makes sense to be up front if you're going to listen, cause anything farther back than the 15th row sounds like pooh in there.

NewCasa
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I liked 5 Days in July, but not much since that. I prefer Cowboy Junkies personally - nobody can sing like Margot Timmins.

SSMguy2009
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Well at least if the concert doesnt sell out, there wont be people scalping tickets

starterwiz
11-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I've been trying to find the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions on vinyl, but they want enormous money for it.
I did just get the Caution Horses on mint vinyl for a good price.
Apparently the new Blue Rodeo will be out on double vinyl as well. And vinyl rules, dontcha know.

Evil Monkey
11-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Well I am sure that a simple check of ip address' will verify that you are one in the same.

Amaranth
11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Sounds like something a former CANADIAN Mac's employee would say!

lol!

SSMguy2009
11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Well I am sure that a simple check of ip address' will verify that you are one in the same.

All an IP address proves is that myself and Canadian use the same source for internet access.

Evil Monkey
11-09-2009, 06:51 PM
All an IP address proves is that myself and Canadian use the same source for internet access.

So using your posts under this account not only do you use the same internet but you have the same job and both got fired from Macs:

Damn the thread was deleted? I was hoping to see some comments about me being fired.

responding to a thread about getting asked for ID when buying cigarettes:

Well after I thought about it for a while I did make a mistake asking the woman for ID. My manager at the time pointed out to her that I was new on the job but she didnt correct me or say "Oh dont worry about it, I know your old enough" which is why she is a great manager. Looking back now I wouldnt do it because I am a better judge of character but that lady did look very young for her age.

CC you may be 40-something but whenever I pass by you on the bus or on the street, you dont look a day over mid 20's.

I also guess you and canadian both need a passport to visit your american girlfriend that you both share along with the child that has 2 dads right??? You and Canadian??

Thats good considering I only have one copy of my birth certificate and I use it to get across weekly. The two weeks will be great because they will get to us before the deadline.

There are many more examples to prove that you are one in the same but I don't have that much time to copy and paste all of it. Coincidence as well that this user name you are now using did not post since April 29,2009 then all of a sudden when canadian gets the boot this user name comes back to post?????

starterwiz
11-09-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm glad that everyone on Soonet has the courtesy to keep their petty personal gripes out of people's threads, and that if they have something off-topic to spew, start their own thread. Unlike some of those other childish forums, that no-one wants to visit, because everyone on them is a dicl<.

Evil Monkey
11-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I apologize for going off topic in your thread but unfortunately had to finish what was started by others. Again I am sorry.

starterwiz
11-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I apologize for going of topic in your thread but unfortunately had to finish what was started by others. Again I am sorry.

I agree. It is very unfortunate. It must suck.

Barney Rubble
11-10-2009, 12:52 AM
I liked 5 Days in July, but not much since that. I prefer Cowboy Junkies personally - nobody can sing like Margot Timmins.

Dont you really mean "5 days in may"???

starterwiz
11-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Five Days in July is the album title. Hey, hey, but it hasn't hit me yet...
http://www.bluerodeo.com/media/flash/audioPopA.html

NewCasa
11-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Dont you really mean "5 days in may"???

Nope, not at all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Days_in_July

And yeah, that's the song. Big pieces of life in that one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfpN3n8lR0

starterwiz
11-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Venus Rising is a great tune. Too bad it's too long for regular radio airplay. Maybe I'll go to sleep for that one in the 5th row...yeah...maybe if I'm lucky ;) Think they'll let me bring a pillow and my blankie?

starterwiz
11-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Blue Rodeo has recorded a double album designed specifically to be enjoyed on vinyl. The Things We Left Behind is the real deal. Double gate-fold sleeve, 12 x 12 cover and two albums, four distinct sides programmed to take the listener on a trip.

In their twenty-five year career, Blue Rodeo has sold over 4 million records, won an unprecedented 5 Juno awards as Group of the Year, been handed keys to the City of Toronto and been inducted onto Canada’s Walk of Fame. But for them, the accolades and awards are nothing compared to the good fortune of being musicians.

Yeah...vinyl rules...I even play vinyl in my car, and it so smokes the digital world. Even if I have to record my vinyl to CD...it sounds so much nicer than bits and bytes. Still haven't figured out how to play a record while driving, but I'm working on it.

starterwiz
11-10-2009, 03:02 AM
One more to sleep to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wye2XkLbBk

No fake snow, blood, or pyro here. Boring you yet?