PDA

View Full Version : Gallbladder Pain

yoda
11-13-2009, 06:42 PM
any advice? :sad:* I have been sick for 1 1/2 days and cannot seem to eat anything.* Pain is not bad enough to go to emerg

NewCasa
11-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Call telehealth.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/telehealth/

If you can't sleep or eat due to pain you really probably should go to the clinic.

Luv'inLife
11-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I would go get checked out, an average attack should only last between 1-4 hours, better safe than sorry...if you do not go, stick to no fat, no cholesteral food, drink lots of water and try gavascon...I've been having attacks for 16 years and with all my ER visits that is the average advice.

Tutones
11-13-2009, 10:53 PM
any advice? :sad:* I have been sick for 1 1/2 days and cannot seem to eat anything.* Pain is not bad enough to go to emerg

Are you sure it's gall bladder? I know from personal experience (and I'm sure pretty much anyone else who has had a gall bladder attack can back me on this one) that a gall bladder attack will pretty much immobilize you and have you begging for mercy. Typically they only last for a few hours and if they continue for longer it usually means your gall bladder is infected and should be removed immediately. Eating is what triggers an attack so once the digestive process ends, the attack should too.

Gall bladder attacks will only become worse and more frequent over time if you don't get it treated so I would see a doctor ASAP if I were you. They will give you something for the nausea at the very least and schedule an ultrasound to see if you have gall stones.

In addition, avoid raw vegetables and fatty foods to avoid attacks, if it is your gall bladder.

yoda
11-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the advice, the pain has subsided now , so I will just watch my diet over the next few days. Next time I will go to my Dr. right away

Tutones
11-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the advice, the pain has subsided now , so I will just watch my diet over the next few days. Next time I will go to my Dr. right away

I wouldn't wait. Go see your doctor anyway and tell him/her what happened so that you can prevent another attack and treat it right away. Your next attack could mean emergency surgery if it is severe and long lasting...

If you wait too long you may end up with pancreatitis, which can be much more serious. This is one time you will be glad to take preventitive measures!

Anapeg
11-14-2009, 01:00 PM

Gall bladder pain is incapacitating. What you describe is nowhere near the intensity that I recall or else you threshold for pain is extreme. Either way waiting is not the prudent route. Check it out now prior to another "go".

yoda
11-14-2009, 08:25 PM
you are probably right in not waiting, I will make an apointment on Mon. Anapeg, I am familiar with that pain, I couldn't even breath. Thank God it lasted only moments

kitty&mimi
11-15-2009, 05:43 PM
my very last attack lasted 8hrs--and that was the last time EVER
i remember those sleepless nights , thought i met satan