PDA

View Full Version : Maple Leafs!

Anapeg
11-14-2009, 02:27 PM
My neighbour had her car broken into last night. She forgot and left two leaf tickets on the front seat. The person who broke in to her vehicle left two more.

Konig-OV
11-24-2009, 04:27 PM
This probably would be a lot more funny if they were not the most profitable team in the NHL 4 years in a row or able to sell out every game.

Anapeg
11-24-2009, 07:31 PM
This probably would be a lot more funny if they were not the most profitable team in the NHL 4 years in a row or able to sell out every game.

I wouldn't be overly proud of that. It shows more a lack of entertainment and not to do rather than a "good" hockey team. If I could go selling a losing proposition to an uncaring clientele I would be a happy, rich man who could care less. Obviously not a terribly discerning crowd the Toronto fans to be content with a habitual looser and pay for the honour.

11-24-2009, 09:08 PM
So all 19,000+ tickets sold are rich people entertaining clients? Win or Lose they still put on a good hockey game.

Chicago Blackhawks haven't won a cup since 60-61.
Ottawa Senators since 1927!!

The Leafs still have 3rd most cup winnings of all Franchises. Most Final match up's, and top 5 in Playoff appearances. To say they suck last little while, yeah sure. To knock the entire franchise because they are slumping, kind of low. A lot more teams are sucking way more if you compare their entire life in the NHL.

Just because the Leafs have not won a cup since 67, doesn't mean they suck. They have only began to truly suck within the last 10 years. Out of almost 100 year duration, that is only 1/10th of it's life.

But, alas, ignorance is bliss!! Jump on the hatred band wagon!

Anapeg
11-24-2009, 11:51 PM

Now where and when did I ever say I hated them or anyone/thing else, ever? What I have said is the Toronto Maple Leafs fans are willing to support a less then stellar team. Assuming this is what makes me ignorant?

Barry Morris
11-25-2009, 12:20 AM
"The Leafs still have 3rd most cup winnings of all Franchises."

Reason enough.

Anapeg
11-25-2009, 08:05 AM
"The Leafs still have 3rd most cup winnings of all Franchises."

Reason enough.

Had, had, had, all past tense. We live in the present, NOW. While what has happened may give you the warm fuzzies, not having it now gives you, what? Hope, with the Leafs, ya, right. Sorry. Used to be a Leaf fan but disillusionment set in, kinda like reality. Looking backward won't move you forward.

GRUMPY
11-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Just because the Leafs have not won a cup since 67, doesn't mean they suck.
But, alas, ignorance is bliss!!

I wasn't aware that Ottawa has had a team in the NHL since 1927. So in other words if the laughs were to fold and another team starts up with the same name in 1000 years it would be considered the same team.

As for them sucking since 1967 , they have had a couple of decent teams since then but as for their recent teams they have sucked and this year they royally suck big time. The only time their fans get to see a good team depends on who comes to town to play with them. The way they are going I'd expect a few members to join the ranks of the pro golfers with all the extra time they'll be getting on the links this coming spring.

Barry Morris
11-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Which would you choose? Good hockey in your home town, or great hockey 500 miles away???

Barry Morris
11-25-2009, 10:49 AM
.... Looking backward won't move you forward.

A franchise that pays the bills by filling the arena has no reason to move forward.

Ever and always, it is, unfortunately, first a business.

NewCasa
11-25-2009, 02:20 PM

Hey I saw 'Maple Leafs' in the Jokes section and just started laughing at how appropriate that was - didn't even need to see the rest of it.

Anapeg
11-25-2009, 05:14 PM
A franchise that pays the bills by filling the arena has no reason to move forward.

Ever and always, it is, unfortunately, first a business.

Why give people what they want when they will take what you give, in other words.

Anapeg
11-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey I saw 'Maple Leafs' in the Jokes section and just started laughing at how appropriate that was - didn't even need to see the rest of it.

SSHHH! Some still believe! It happened many years ago so it MIGHT just happen again, YA, RIGHT!

NewCasa
11-25-2009, 05:19 PM
SSHHH! Some still believe! It happened many years ago so it MIGHT just happen again, YA, RIGHT!

50 years is a long time to hang in there. At some point I think you need to take the patient off life support.

Anapeg
11-25-2009, 05:27 PM
50 years is a long time to hang in there. At some point I think you need to take the patient off life support.

Torontonians are stout, devoted fans, gullible but stout and devoted none the less. Those followers outside the city, well...............?

Barry Morris
11-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Why give people what they want when they will take what you give, in other words.

It occurs to me that, if unlimited money was thrown at a team, they would rapidly win the Cup, and keep winning year after year.

Ask yourself, would this be good for the game?? I doubt it. When one team (or person) dominates, the sport is LESS attractive, not more.

The seats are full, the games are interesting. That's all there is.

GRUMPY
11-25-2009, 08:41 PM
the Laughs suck, have sucked and will always suck! However if I owned it I wouldn't change a thing at all. It would be crazy to do anything to raise the costs of doing business if you are making that kind of profit with such a crappy product.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
11-26-2009, 12:16 AM
So all 19,000+ tickets sold are rich people entertaining clients? Win or Lose they still put on a good hockey game.

Chicago Blackhawks haven't won a cup since 60-61.

The Leafs still have 3rd most cup winnings of all Franchises. Most Final match up's, and top 5 in Playoff appearances. To say they suck last little while, yeah sure. To knock the entire franchise because they are slumping, kind of low. A lot more teams are sucking way more if you compare their entire life in the NHL.

Just because the Leafs have not won a cup since 67, doesn't mean they suck. They have only began to truly suck within the last 10 years. Out of almost 100 year duration, that is only 1/10th of it's life.

Sorry but ignorance would mean I have no clue they suck. If not winning since 67 means they dont suck then I would love to see a team that really sucks lol

Killswitch
11-27-2009, 10:32 PM

Haha! You know it! I gotta show this thread to my wife. She's a make-belief's fan. Personally I'm a habs fan, and yeah they suck this year....... but not THAT bad! lmao

Anapeg
11-28-2009, 05:34 AM
I simply cannot believe what I just read. The Leafs have put together their longest winning streak in quite a while. Two in a row! WOW!

GO LEAFS GO, GO LEAFS GO, GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!

Leaf fans the world over can rejoice! It must warm the cockles of your collective hearts.

Big Guy
11-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Most Leaf fans were in diapers when the Leafs last won the Stanley Cup !
Sadly, they probably be back in diapers when it happens again.

Barry Morris
11-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Most Leaf fans were in diapers when the Leafs last won the Stanley Cup !
Sadly, they probably be back in diapers when it happens again.

How many teams is that true of??

Anapeg
11-29-2009, 01:59 PM
I quit watching when the first expansion was instituted. I dearly miss the quality of the six team NHL.

Barry Morris
11-30-2009, 10:03 AM
I quit watching when the first expansion was instituted. I dearly miss the quality of the six team NHL.

Hey, me too. We ARE old!!!

Jack Butler
11-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Bigger, Stronger, Faster....and they practice when you sleep!
Today NHL talent dwarfs anything from the past.
It IS watered down, but when it's good, it's better than it's ever been!
Sport science has advanced all athletics, so....

Anapeg
11-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey, me too. We ARE old!!!

What do you mean "WE" white man?

Barry Morris
11-30-2009, 10:14 PM
What do you mean "WE" white man?

Hey, don't get all chauvanistic on me. :) :) :)

Anapeg
12-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Hey, don't get all chauvinistic on me. :) :) :)

Chauvin had about as much to do with hockey as the Leafs do. I heard somewhere they had stretched their winning streak to two games.