PDA

View Full Version : $125 for trail permit for sleds 15 YR or older!

Lance1
11-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Ofsa will be selling permits for 15 year old sleds at half price.http://woodstock.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-Classic-and-Vintage-OFSC-Trail-Permits-W0QQAdIdZ163386076

http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/blogs/news/2009/10/22/ontario-launches-online-trail-permit-sales.aspx

I have a mint shape 500 Ski-doo grand touring thats a 96 and is off the mark by one year:angry:LOL

_daynzy
11-26-2009, 08:52 AM
so people that have newer sleds get boned?

MaO3
11-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Lance I'm so glad you posted something about trail permits. I'd forgotten all about the deadline. Grrrrr gotta go get ours before the 1st. Its hard to think about it when everything is GREEN!!!

Lance1
11-26-2009, 10:03 AM
so people that have newer sleds get boned?

LOL I know its crazy.

There reasoning is to get membership up, buy getting people with older equipment who do not ride as much and never buy trail passes out on the trail. They hope they will get hooked on the sport and upgrade there machines I quess later on.

I think they should offer "a pay when you ride" $35 day pass.

MaO3
11-26-2009, 11:11 AM
I've said for the last few years that they should start charging a fee for our license stickers and have everyone able to use the trails.
If we all had to pay say $40 or $50 a year to have our machines licensed but were able to use the trails. I personally think it would be a good way to do it.

Jack Butler
11-28-2009, 05:23 PM
It should be a surcharge on licensing for atvs, snowmobiles and dirt bikes.
If EVERYONE paid 40 or 50 dollars, it would be fair, reasonable and efficient.
That way, no trail cops are needed...if your licence is current, so is your trail pass.
It still leaves the OPP to do the policing, so....
FYI, The "Classic " pass has to be applied for online or print one and fax it from the TrailBlazers office.

Lance1
11-29-2009, 05:45 AM
All your ideas sound good,Im lucky to get out 4 times a winter $200-$250 is just getting a bit much.

AmdWolfman
11-30-2009, 08:10 AM
My Dad and older brother sold their machines becuzz of the lack of snow during the winter months down by Woodstock. But Dad still grooms and maintains the trails .

Xzavia
12-01-2009, 12:25 PM
ONE DAY ONLY! SEASONAL TRAIL PERMITS AT CANADIAN TIRE 12/1/2009
TODAY ONLY FROM 4:30 PM TO 7 PM, IN THE CHRISTIE'S TRAILER OUTSIDE CANADIAN TIRE, SEASONAL 2009-2010 TRAIL PERMITS ARE AVAILABLE! THIS IS THE LAST DAY FOR SEASONAL TRAIL PERMITS AVAILABLE AT THE LOW PRICE OF $200.00

AFTER DECEMBER 1, 2009 SEASONAL TRAIL PERMITS WILL BE $250.00

THE CLASSIC PERMITS WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE AND ISSUED TODAY AT THE CHRISTIE'S TRAILER AT CANADIAN TIRE!
THESE ARE PERMITS AVAILABLE FOR SLEDS 1995 AND OLDER (15+)AT A PRICE OF $125.00

PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING YOUR MSV REGISTRATION FOR YOUR SNOWMOBILE.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/classifieds/details.asp?ad=686558

_daynzy
12-01-2009, 09:38 PM
TBH I think paying the extra 50 bucks to wait it out until just after christmas is worth it to see if we're even going to have enough snow to ride this year.

Lance1
12-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Something seems wrong when a person with a 1995 machines pays $125 Less for the same trail rights then a person with a 1996 machine.

Can I buy a permit with the ownership of a old junker sled laying in some ones yard but put the trail pass sticker on a newer sled ?

Jack Butler
12-02-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't think so?
You send away for the Classic with full ID.
Haven't seen a Classic pass yet, but should have a visible difference.
Perhaps the colour?

Lance1
12-02-2009, 12:36 PM
To bad ,because at most the snow cops just glance at the sticker.LOL

kitca
12-30-2009, 01:12 PM
we have old clunkers, way past the 15 year mark. we cant go far and it doesnt make sense to spend that much on trail passes to putter around our neighborhood. but by making it that much cheaper it does offer us incentive. and it is true, i think the more you get out and enjoy it the more serious you get and eventually upgrade to a better machine and so on...

_daynzy
12-31-2009, 12:11 AM
we have old clunkers, way past the 15 year mark. we cant go far and it doesnt make sense to spend that much on trail passes to putter around our neighborhood. but by making it that much cheaper it does offer us incentive. and it is true, i think the more you get out and enjoy it the more serious you get and eventually upgrade to a better machine and so on...

until you realize new sleds are too expensive, too fast, too much money to run (gas wise), insurance will rape you, and you get boned paying full price for a trail pass.. sign me up for a 95 and older sled

icecapp
01-12-2010, 06:25 AM
well we bought a 95 sled cause of the trail pass deal, and insurance being a hell of a lot cheaper,

we went to get a trail pass yesterday here in town and actually had to go to blind river to get the vintage pass,

trail blazers directed my husband with a 1866 number in which he called and there was only 12 left out of 3000 printed for all of ontario and blind river had them, we called and reserved 3 and thank you to the gentleman who held them for us as he new we were coming from the soo..

if we were not at the blind river court house by 4pm yesterday afternoon they would of been gone as there was a waiting list.. for our three as the others had sold by 1 pm

woot woot, we got the last three vintage/classic passes left in all of ontario(for now as of yesterday the man told my husband hes not to sure what they will do now they did not expect to sell all 3000), then we stoped by the skidoo dealer, in blind river and the guy could not believe it as he called over to the court house for a man who was some po'ed he could not get them, and my husband say oh I just got the last 3 oops

so ya we are pretty happy to run the 95 between insurance and trail permit is under 300 for the yr...